Wondering about Withdrawal Options

• PotentHerb93
      PotentHerb93
      Basic
      Hey.
      First off, I'm new to online poker. I don't understand much about deposit/withdrawal options and restrictions. Even after reading FAQ it doesn't explain it with as much detail as I would like. So as much as a beginner question this may be, I kind of need to know.

In the past I've had trouble confirming my identity with Pokerstars, so I was never able to deposit real money in my account using my debit card. I received a $25.00 Prepaid Vanilla Mastercard for the holidays, and I decided that I would use this towards my Pokerstars account. So I just logged on and successfully transferred $25.00 CAD currency into my account.

Here are my concerns:
      How does withdrawing work? I read in the FAQ that the method you used to deposit the money is how you get it back from withdrawing. So am I not able to withdraw my money into my debit account, if I used the Prepaid card to deposit? What if I don't wan't to withdraw money back onto the Prepaid card? Or is that my only option?

Also, I can't seem to find any good information on restrictions. Let's just say hypothetically that I play some penny games and get my $25.00 up to $30.00. I couldn't just withdraw with a $5.00 profit, could I? This obviously isn't my plan, but I am really curious as to the restrictions. My plan is to turn the $25.00 into a few hundred (of course) and then to withdraw then. Am I able to do this and what are the exact restrictions?

Thanks to anybody who can give me input. I'm sure they're silly questions, but I really can't find any good information.
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Potentherb93,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

It may be best to contact PokerStars support at support@pokerstars.com . There are different rules for different countries in regards to deposit/withdrawal methods. Generally you should be able to withdraw to the method you deposited on. If you can withdraw to the prepaid card, then you must withdraw by that method. In isolated cases this may not be possible so an alternative can be worked out with Stars support.When you try to withdraw you will probably be asked to prove your I.D. by sending them copies of your I.D. This is perfectly normal.

If you haven't claimed a bonus and don't have any outstanding bonuses on your account, then you should be able to withdraw any time without any problems.

Hopefully someone else will be able to add more info so while you're waiting, why don't you take a couple of moments to Introduce yourself! to us. :f_biggrin:

Regards

Laz
    • PotentHerb93
      PotentHerb93
      Basic
      Thanks for the response it helped. Any other feedback would be appreciated.
    • PotentHerb93
      PotentHerb93
      Basic
      I will also add, upon further investigation the prepaid Mastercard I used to deposit is non-reloadable. Of course this just makes matters more confusing on an already vague basis. I have slowly build up a profit playing micro stakes, and eventually I'm going to want to withdraw, more as a test than to really obtain the money.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure things out when I attempt a withdraw. With my luck, I won't even be able to.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PotentHerb93,

This may well be one of the isolated cases I mentioned in my previous post. In your case they will either give you an option to register another deposit method or your withdrawal will end up as a bank transfer or cheque.

Regards

Laz