F... it! I quit! From now on I am MTT slave!

• Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      I want to greet with PS community again. This time more seriously with more passion and more action!

About me:
      My name is Vainius and I am from Lithuania. It was 3 years ago since my last blog in this community. After that I had stoped playing poker, got my engineering diplom and started to work in the big roads construction company. looks like everything is okey, I have nice job, decent salary, social warrantys and etc. But for real, I was never happy with my job. Not because I do not like to wok, but i saw this job is't for me. So it is 3 years I am working this job, and at last i dicided to quit. At the moment it is holidays for me. After 1 month i must come back too work. Soo I am taking my holidays and after that i ll be unemployed. I have some reserve money, and its gonna last about 10 month to live normal life without income. :sifflote:
      So yes, I am looking to poker like one of options to get income. I know it is gonna be extremly hard but you know, if you never tried you never lived. I think it is last time for me to try this, because I have no kids and no my own family, I have no financial commitment and I am only 25 years :f_thumbsup:
      So I am optimistic for sure. I set limits for my self. One of that is if i am not going well in 4 months I must look for a new job.

About poker:
      I am not going talk much about my past poker. Got 50$ thanks PS. Started to play at everest poker, after what cake poker, full tilt, PKR, Party poker, and a lot of other rooms. At last I took out all my bankroll (it was about 300$) and left 10$ in pokerstars. It was nice money for me than I was a student :f_drink: So i like pokerstars software, i like big amount of players and because of that i am starting from that 10$ in this room. I know it is waste of time to play in micros, but i think I need to get used to poker again, and to see how good i am for micros. The game I like most is 45man sngs. Soo i am going to start with 0,25c 45man sngs and take shots into mtts.

I hope to see some followers because it is not gonna be just poker blog, it is gona be my life blog! :s_biggrin:

Must go now. I ll set some goals later and will update my current situacion :)
  • 35 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Welcome back to bloggging Vainius! :f_thumbsup:

You will find plenty to help you along the path of success here of course, but in the end it's your hard work that will get you there.

I wish you well and as requested, you have your first follower! :f_drink:

Very best regards,

Mal.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Good luck Vainius!

I think you'll find the games have gotten a lot tougher in the past 3 years overall. The are certainly beatable, just requires more work than before.
      Looking forward to your poker/life blog!
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      First of all, thanks for gadget51 and Ramble!

Ramble, you are right about tougher games. This is why I decited to start with 0,25$ BI mtts instead of putting my own money and jumping in bigger stakes.
      Now i want to set some goals for my long jurney. Keep in mind I am playing micro MTT's so my goals and progress should be in BB shape I think, because that little money cant motivate at all. Just because dont want to push my self to the limits from the beginning and need get used to such a life I l'll add main goal for the month:

:sfishg: To play 3,5$ BI MTTs (with min 70BI BR)

So I need 245$ to start playing 3,5$'s I set time limit till 06 of February, Because in that day I am traveling to Austria for some snowboarding. (cant wait for this :) )

Now I have some questions for this awesom community members. First one is about studying model. I really need some help with ideas how you are improving your skills. At the moment I have finnished Asaban MTT beginner's course which is very nice and informative, also after some sessions I look into my hands was it played good or bad. So if someone has an idea, please share :) My next question is about BRM in 45man regular micro mtts. For an example if your ROI from 500 games in 0,25$ is about 30-40 how much BI is safe to play 1$ stake?

Now I want to show my progress.

This graph is only from 0,25$ 45man regular mtts. I dont even want to show graph from turbos. I decided to stay in regular speed mtts because shove/fold game doesnt feels good for me.

So at this moment my BR is 55,47$

I think about trying 1$ regular speed mtts. Just need your suport for that 50BI BRM :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Vainis,

I say go for it. I generally use an aggressive BRM of 20BIs for regs and 30BIs for turbos at the micro limits. Incidentally I fared a lot better in the .25c and $1 regs than the .50c and $1.50 Turbos. I believe this is because you have less time and less hands to exploit weak post flop players.

My last visit to the $1 regs resulted in 30% ITM and 80%+ ROI and I was never more than 2BIs behind. My only problem with the reg speed is time length. It has taken me up to 3h 46m to ship one.

Good Luck

Laz
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Lazza61, thanks for your support!
      Tried some 1$ BI and now with 70BIs I can play it confortably. The only one thing I didnt liked was massive number of regs. But I believe u cant find any stakes without number of regs :) It motivates me to be better than they!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Vainis,

The micro regular speed always seem to have a large number of super nitty bankroll builders. I do well against those type of players because you can steal of them all day. The turbos are more aggressive with more recreational gamblers who like to try and double up early.

Cheers

Laz
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Quick update after last ~100 games.

It was something like little downswing I believe but in the end am happy with my game.
      BR: 66,77$

All the time I was playing 12-15 tables by Tile layout. Today tryed Stack layout and it was something interesting. I think it is better for my eyes and brain when tables are in bigger format. But it was a little bit uncomfortable becouse I cant see what is going on other tables after my move. For the moment it is important to me to see my push was succesful or not. Maybe I dont need to focus on results but just to play good game and look my hands after the game. What layout do you use in your sessions?

P.S I think i dont need to put graph after every 100 games :D Next time I'll put it in there after 1k games
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      You seem to be crushing - great job!

I used to play tiled for the same reason, but now that I play stacked I will never go back. It is difficult at first not knowing the outcome of the hand right away, but I think it is good to not see it. It keeps us focused on making the right decision and not caring about the outcome of any specific hand. As long as you review your hands after your session - you will be able to study spots without the emotion of the moment affecting your judgement (or leading to tilt at the tables).
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Originally posted by Ramble
      You seem to be crushing - great job!
      It looks like this at this point, I hope to see my graph going up in the same way after 1k games :)

Took a rest of poker this sunday. Had some nice meeting with my friends and we remembered what a cool past summer was. Two friends of mine built wakepark in my hometown and this summer we had nice guest, it was world champ Lior Sofer and Lithuania Pro team. There are some moments from that day.

• Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Quick update

This week is a kind of unlucky one. Got my car broke, soo it is some unexpected expenses and some other stuff that makes me busy from poker. It will be less volume this week, but maybe ill take it next week :)
      Some news, dicided to move to turbos. I think it is too much time consumed to cash these regular 45man mtts. I think I can handle turbos variation soo it should be better $/h results. Played 50 turbos today. Got lucky 72% ROI and I know it is too sick for me and especially for this format game but I think it is possible to be in a ~30% ROI at this 0,5$ limits.
      Current BR: 95,33$

Some new this month goals!
      :spade: Gold at pokerstrategy (need 294.51)
      :heart: Silver at PokerStars (need 347 VPP)
      :diamond: start posting hands
      :club: to reach stellar reward ( current 20,2%)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Vainius,
      welcome to our BR-challenge and GL!
      Looking forward to your first weekly update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread on Monday!
      btw, don't miss PokerStars new promo: The Ultimate Challenge
    • Crrrrrrr
      Crrrrrrr
      Bronze
      Hello. As Lazza61 suggested, you should probably play the $1.50 turbo already.
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Originally posted by Crrrrrrr
      Hello. As Lazza61 suggested, you should probably play the $1.50 turbo already.
      Hy! I know it would be good idea, but i found my self really nity with BRM. And it sucks...But I think I will stay at 100BI because then I can play my best game.
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Just because last week I managed to take a try in the Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge my profit-loss updates will be only weekly :)

194 tournaments
      +$74,52
      $141,29
      1 week

And my month goals progress:
      :spade: Gold at pokerstrategy (need 187.73)
      :heart: Silver at PokerStars (need 305,47 VPP)
      :diamond: start posting hands (0 hands posted)
      :club: to reach stellar reward ( current 25,8%)

Not going as fast as I was expecting :)
    • Mui2Byr
      Mui2Byr
      Bronze
      Nice run mate,U doing well :) nice numbers,I think it's about the time for me to put extra tables,because its all about volume in these games :)
      I'm also like U thinking that 100 BI is something about the best approach for higher level :)
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      After today sessions I would like to put my graph in there. As I promised it is after 1k games.
      It seems I have crushed 0,25$ 0,5$ and 1$ and now stuck in 1,5$. For two days I am mixing 0,5$ and 1,5$ and things are not going as well as I was expecting. Nothing bad, but i am stuck and it makes me wonder is it just normal variation or 1,5$ regs are real tough. It is 50 games in 1,5$ and I am down by 4 BI, I know it is very small amount and I'll look in to it after more games.
      I think it will be a little harder to reach 3,5$ (as it is my main goal of the month) and i have 17 days left :) One more thing I am wondering about, how do you guys spend your VPP? Should I buy $ rewards or it is more value to spend it on tickets? And if soo what tickets are best for micro player?

There is my 1K 5tables graph. (0,25$ 0,5$, 1$, 1,5$)

I'll try to make 100 games tomorrow and will let you know how it goes :)
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Okey, lets go back into last week. It was a little hard one not only in poker but in my life too. I was thinking a lot about what I want from my life, what I want to become. When you think about it it becomes most complicated question u can ask your self.. I didnt found answer, but I found I am really happy when I am important for people. And it gives me a little sense :)
      So during friday, I decided to take a little break from poker because I was going to burn out :) It was something like weekend from job :) I spend it very well and now after two days without any kind of poker I AM BACK as terminator, ready to take action! :)

weekly update for Get Rich or Die Tryin' challenge

239 tournaments
      +$66,32
      $207,61
      2 week

One more thing. I decided to make 110$ deposit because I feel much more better with my BRM when it is up to 100BI, so now I feel much more comfortable in 1,5$ turbos and I think it will give me better play :)

So real BR $317,61
      for challenge it is $207,61

And my month goals progress:
      :spade: Gold at pokerstrategy (need 61,66)
      :heart: Silver at PokerStars (need 157,33 VPP)
      :diamond: start posting hands (0 hands posted)
      :club: to reach stellar reward ( current 45,6%)
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vainis

That's a beautiful graph! As far as moving up stakes, don't worry about it - just keep working on improving your game to crush the limits you are playing and before you know it - it will be time to move up. (you are clearly on the right path so keep it going!).
    • Vainis
      Vainis
      Gold
      Ramble, thanks for your support and optimistic thoughts. Trying to do my best for moving up in these ugly stakes :)