SSS Time Expected?

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Hey there!

After recently joining and reading up on the basic SSS play i decided to try it out at the 0.05/0.10 tables with the $5 left in my PS account and i must say it works really well!

However there are always going to be bad beats etc atm some point and after a day of playing (roughly 8 hours) I'm up to roughly $20 total which is +300% so i'm not complaining!

The thing that bothers me most is the time scale. 8 hours for $15 dollars? I admit that i have been up to a max of about $28 dollars but the tedious nature of FoldFoldFold sometimes is too much for me and i get myself in sticky situations with hands i shouldn't even be playing!

Self-Discipline is something i deffinately need to work on but is this the time scale i can expect? I generally only multi-table 4 tables at a time because i'm using an appauling 15" CRT as my other monitor 'Went Poof' unfortuantely!

Is there an optimum amount of tables that i should be playing at one time? or is it just literally the more the merrier?

Thanks in Advance

Adam!
  • 5 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      While you are still learning you should stick to no more than 4 tables and focus on playing exactly according to the strategy. When you become comfortable with it you can add more, if you struggle with patience playing more tables may actually help you fold more. I also suggest you study the psychology articles here.

$2 per hour is quite good for somebody learning a new strategy, dont be surprised if it drops. At this stage you shouldnt think too much about profit though. Think long term, think instead about the education you are getting.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      While you are still learning you should stick to no more than 4 tables and focus on playing exactly according to the strategy. When you become comfortable with it you can add more, if you struggle with patience playing more tables may actually help you fold more. I also suggest you study the psychology articles here.

$2 per hour is quite good for somebody learning a new strategy, dont be surprised if it drops. At this stage you shouldnt think too much about profit though. Think long term, think instead about the education you are getting.
      Hello ABShortland,

delete461 summarizes it very nicely. While starting out the money pe hour should not be at the forefront of your worries. In fact it shouldn't be a factor at all. As a beginner- playing the micro limits- you are learning, so that you can gather experience and move up later. $2 an hour is actually very good for NL10 and could even be considered an "upswing".

Poker is not a get rich quick scheme - and the only way to the top is through hard work and discipline. The micro limits and their low hourly winning rates are part of the process :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      [quotePoker is by far a get rich quick scheme - [/quote] - lol I think SoyCD means poker is not a get rich quick scheme. At least I hope thats what he means, otherwise I am doing something very wrong.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      Poker is by far a get rich quick scheme -
      - lol I think SoyCD means poker is not a get rich quick scheme. At least I hope thats what he means, otherwise I am doing something very wrong.
      Hehe, yes early in the morning :)

Otherwise I'd also be doing something wrong :D
    • Calron
      Calron
      Bronze
      It seems that no matter what type of poker you're playing that you will need a lot patience. Most of the strategies use a tight-aggressive style. I find that it usually involves folding a lot of hands, and it can be extremely boring sometimes. In fact I think I played a 30min session where I was completely card dead.