Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $12.39
      Hero:
      $19.40

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , J:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 5:heart: , K:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.95) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.95) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $5.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.95

This guy's stack was up and down(mostly up) like a roller coaster (quite interesting to see him play lol). He basically played any 2 cards that resembled a hand and hits 2pair+ to stack unsuspecting fish or TAGs.
      Naturally I was extremely cautious against him. On the river I put him on a better flush, what do you think?
  • 8 replies
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Yeah, Kh or Qh is in his range very often there considering his line. Also I'd just call preflop if he does that with wide range because AJ doens't have much playability in 3bet pot and against maniac(you have to fold very often and you can't cbet most flops vs him as here for example). As played I would bet pot on the turn or check behind.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hmm. My question is... would a maniac check the flop with K of hearts here? If not that leaves him with Q of hearts which is the only hand that beats you (+3h4h). I think I'd call actually.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Hmm. My question is... would a maniac check the flop with K of hearts here? If not that leaves him with Q of hearts which is the only hand that beats you (+3h4h). I think I'd call actually.
      My statistics say that river overbet is a bluff only in 5% of the cases after many showdown I called, it's almost never a bluff. By calling here you would loose so much value, it's not just bad, calling is very very bad and -EV here. And note that his AF isn't high.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      On the other hand he might think he has the best hand with a 9 of hearts or w/e, that doesn't make it a bluff in his eyes ;)

But yeah I dunno it's a close one
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      My statistics say that river overbet is a bluff only in 5% of the cases after many showdown I called, it's almost never a bluff. By calling here you would loose so much value, it's not just bad, calling is very very bad and -EV here. And note that his AF isn't high.
      Yes, his AF is a big factor in my decision here, plus I had notes on him that he bets the goods. I can lose less than $2 by folding but near $7 if I call him. Its just not worth it imo to try and "save" my $2 investment with a $5 call.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      On the other hand he might think he has the best hand with a 9 of hearts or w/e, that doesn't make it a bluff in his eyes ;)

His stats indicate he doesnt bluff too much, so it looked to me like he had the nuts and figured I had a straight, Jh or Qh since I was playing tight and wouldnt be able to lay it down. He got greedy imo.
      He said afterward that he had TT which is hard to believe from such a tricky player.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze

I wish I meet you at the tables this is close one for you:-) Dunno maybe I already did :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      One reason why you 3-bet pf, is that you could take pot down postflop.
      I would c-bet, since it is good board to c-bet and it is hard him to continue with jj, qq and medium pp-s.
      Betting turn and folding river are fine.