2015 1000 Sit N Go challenge

• Ustrix
      Ustrix
      Bronze
      Hi Folks,

To most people on here this would probably be a walk in the park. So to very briefly explain this challenge, I'm a family man, working 9-5, who is also a Christian and therefore do not play on Sundays. Typically this means I have one to two hours a day for poker.

Background - have spent the last few years playing Cash, MTT & STT NL holdem. All low volume and all micro-stacks. Last year I spent Jan, Feb and March playing SnG's and was able to increase from 1 table to 4 tabling and made an semi-good profit but then took a break and couldn't get back in to the swing of things. So the 1000 target is, I hope, to ensure I have something to motivate me to keep at this time.

2015 Aim's :
      1000 Sit N Go's
      Improve on my heads up ability
      Raise from Micro Stakes to Low stakes.
      Update this blog and comment on 3 post's once a week.

How's it going so far -
      PokerStars - January challenge completed
      33 Sit N Go's completed :
      I started playing $1.50 (standard 9 mans and 50/50 9 mans) SnG's and making $20.72 - profit of $5.72 over 6 hours play (10 SnG), multi-tabling 2 tables at a time.
      I moved to play $3.50, same mix of SnG's and whilst initially this went well, however, my results have dried up, so its at a loss of $4.41 over 17 SnG's (7.5 hours play)
      I've thrown in 6 $1 sin and go's, winning only 2 for a combined $4.00.
      With $1.00 I won in a shoot-out this bring me to just about break-even.

Plan for this week.
      Drop back down to $1.50, see how it goes on today & tomorrow. Then make a decision on if to move back up to $3.50 as Bankroll is critical as I can only deposit at the end of each month.
      Whilst the 10 challenges for P.Stars is complete, continue to enter each daily event.
      To review the forum's and strategy sections on Poker Strategy for basic heads up material.

Have fun folks, and any positive or "constructive" feedback welcome.
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I expect you mean the 10 player Fifty50’s, because 9 mans don’t exist in Fifty50’s.
      Further I wish you good luck with your blog and your SNG challenge Ustrix :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Ustrix
      Ustrix
      Bronze
      Hi Folks

Tally for this week so far is 13 SnG at $1.50, with a profit of $6.70. Still no luck on the All-in shoot-outs but, hey if P/Stars makes up for it by letting me win the big one, no fuss.

Only 2 post this week, but did watch Heads-up Video 'Adjusting from cash to HUSNGs - PBOGZ from HUSNG.com reviews LemOn36' and whilst I'm not strictly from a cash background, most of the content I found really interesting.
      Has however made me start question what differences there are between a heads up Tournament and then finding yourself heads up in MTT and STT.

Also took advantage of the PKR offer today, and whilst the site appears to have a slow fill rate (at lower stakes) its a nice change to have a 3D environment. I did manage to get in a game at $0.10, finishing 3rd for a whopping $0.16. Which to be honest is all +ROI as it was paid for by the free $10.00
      Quick thanks to PokerStrategy Admin team and the bonus was sorted very quickly and no Fuss.

Aim for next week, is double the volume and may be use the PKR for a couple of MTT's as it seemed to get between 50-150 Players for the lower entry fee's.

Have fun folks
    • Ustrix
      Ustrix
      Bronze
      Hi Folks,

This one will be short and sweet,
      volume - 22 Sit n Go's - not quite double of the previous week, but came close.
      $5.00 profit and ROI of 14%.
      Didn't get much done in the way learning, so this is an aim for this week.

Whilst not strictly for my game, I've downloaded PokerSnowie and hopefully this will pick up a couple of areas of my game I can improve on.

Have fun
    • Ustrix
      Ustrix
      Bronze
      Well one month in and a run down of some facts before I summarise and plan for Feb.

80 Sit N Go's (Includes spin & go's)
      Profit $14.50, ROI of 9.90% (staked 146.50 with winnings of 161.00)
      Most Profitable game - Standard 9 Man Sit N Go
      Heads up 10 times, winning 7 (does not include spin & go)

Summary :
      Slightly below target, looking for 84 a month to hit 1000 yearly target, but a profitably month and what I feel is a semi-OK ROI. Weighted my game choice to more 50/50's to keep my small bankroll roll intact but this has come as cost of ROI/profit. Whilst I felt my heads up play wasn't great at the start of the year, it's not looking to bad, but will continue to watch this as i'm not confident 7/10 is reflection on my ability. The one disappointment I have is I haven't put a lot of time into my learning

Plan for Feb -
      84 Sit N Go's - I did miss my target this month, but given it being a shorter month, this isn't the time to stretch the target.
      Switch focus from 50/50's Normal to 50/50 Turbo's and increase the number of Standard Sit N Go (9-Man). Also look at taking another shot at $3.50 stake.
      More focus and effort into learning - Key areas - Head's Up videos and a refresh of P.Strategy Sit N Go learning material

Have fun folks.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Ustrix - nice recap of the month and good plans going forward in February.
      An ROI of 10% is quite decent for mostly STT-SnG's (although I've never tried 50/50's) - so nice job!!!

Best of luck to you in February!
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      I think your volume is pretty low for SNG.Only 1000 sng in 2015?One regularplayer play this at one month.
      I think volume help you to increase your skill.

GL
    • Ustrix
      Ustrix
      Bronze
      Appreciate the above replies, and based on this week I'm going to need the luck if I'm to turn this month around.

This is my first losing week and for my bank roll/stake/volume its a hard one. 17 Sit N Go's, ROI of minus 48.82%, which in real money is a loss of $12.45.
      As I don't use Hold'em Manager and Sidekick doesn't pull my P.Stars hands (due to already playing before signing up here) I don't have any hard evidence to prove it's variance, but gut feeling says it is. From the notes I've made, its running into top of ranges and some draws not get there.
      My Plan of action towards the end of the week, was to drop down to 1 table only, which so far is 2 ITM from 4 Sit N Go's. A loss of 0.2. Not great but certainly the best I've done this week.

Next Week - For Monday (may extend to Tuesday) to keep to No Multi Tabling. If results get back to Jan 15 levels will move back up to Multi Tabling for the rest of the week.

Have fun folks.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Sidekick should work even if you don’t have a tracked PokerStars account.
      Off course you need to save your hand history.
      How is it going with playing SNG’s last week?