[NL2-NL10] KK beat, its a habit now :(

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($3.04)
      BB ($3.52)
      UTG ($16.20)
      MP ($10.23)
      CO ($5.04)
      Hero (Button) ($5.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
      UTG raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.97) 7, 5, 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.37) 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

River: ($4.37) A (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.35, Hero calls $2.35

Total pot: $9.07 | Rake: $0.40

Results:
      Hero mucked K, K (two pair, Kings and fours).
      UTG had A, 10 (flush, Ace high).
      Outcome: UTG won $8.67

I am drawing dead, trully beaten.

My line for calling river was that it would not make sense for him to be calling with A on previous streets... well unless he has A of clubs... only thought about that after. River was clear fold :(

I just can't win with KK somehow...
      Its my biggest loosing hand with -13$
  • 6 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Check turn fold river. When someone calls on a monoboard I'd get suspicious and try to get a cheap showdown. And mate, when he bets on the river you HAVE to know you're beat. Now even a single ace beats you! Not to mention the straight and the flush.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      When he calls flop your KK is probably not that good so you must aim for the flush for cheap.

So check turn. Turn adds a FH to the straight and flush available on board, you cant protect your marginal hand anymore. You might call a small bet here.

On river, now every A beats you too so easy fold.

Remember that QQ/KK/AA are monsters pf but just a pair postflop...
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Valuebet more on the turn, like 2$(play bet-fold). Easy fold on the river because c/c c/c donk line has almost always you beat here.
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I also can't see how someone can check behind the turn on this drawy board. Imo, you have to protect and for that you need to bet more.
      If you then get called and he bets into you on the A - river, you can find a fold, if you do not think that he might bluff and on NL10, most players don't bluff missed draws.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Petrificus
      I also can't see how someone can check behind the turn on this drawy board. Imo, you have to protect and for that you need to bet more.
      If you then get called and he bets into you on the A - river, you can find a fold, if you do not think that he might bluff and on NL10, most players don't bluff missed draws.
      What do you have to protect against?:-) It's more a value bet, tho protection and valuebet are for the same purposes.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can find a fold river, but call is also fine, since it is 3-bet pot.
      and he could have busted flushdraw.