Just won my first satellite.. Would 2nd have been a better ROI ?

• nis547
      nis547
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm sitting here on night shift and thought I was too tired to risk my bankroll on my normal sng's or cash games, but I really felt like practicing my skills so I bought into a 5fpp step one mega path to the ANZPT, Perth. Turns out I got my money in good, played aggressively, accumulated chips and won the whole thing! Ended up being 21 runners with a fair few re-buys and after break add ons, so the prize pool was 1st place ticket, 2nd place 100fpp's. (I only bought in once and did the add on, so my total "investment" was 10fpp)

I'm starting to feel like maybe 2nd place would have been a better ROI, as it is potentially more buy ins to other games (or silly things from the poker stars store :p) where as negative thoughts aside, the likelihood of me winning the next 6 or 7 tourneys (as in literally coming first, every time) seems very unlikely.

My question is... Should I have purposely come 2nd for the fpp's ? I know it is poor sportsmanship etc but as far as ROI is concerned, would that have been the wiser choice?

-N
  • 8 replies