Some questions about BSS

• delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I read that the SHC for pocket pairs was changed from call 15 to call 20 because beginners werent able to play trips profitably. How should they be played?

Is it ok to raise AA and KK only 2 or 3 big blinds to encourage action on a tight table?

On nl10 I dont usually steal blinds, but when people post blinds out of turn I have started attacking them. Is this ok?

The strategy says with high starting cards in early position you should raise an extra big blind or two. Is this to increase fold equity and reduce the chances of being out of position postflop or is there another reason?
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Because you don't want 9 10o calling and hitting 9 10 or straight on the flop.

Its very difficult folding AA or KK out of position when villain starts raising you and a lot of players go broke because of this, including myself on a couple of occasions. Better to avoid weird cards calling you and hitting something great on the flop, hence big raise. Especially in FR games.
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      I read that the SHC for pocket pairs was changed from call 15 to call 20 because beginners werent able to play trips profitably. How should they be played?
      Atleast call 15, but on the lower levels i always played call20

Is it ok to raise AA and KK only 2 or 3 big blinds to encourage action on a tight table?
      No, because
      - observant players recognize this and give you a note
      - AA/KK has the most equity against 1 player (the more players against you the less often you win)

On nl10 I dont usually steal blinds, but when people post blinds out of turn I have started attacking them. Is this ok?
      yeah, that's good

The strategy says with high starting cards in early position you should raise an extra big blind or two. Is this to increase fold equity and reduce the chances of being out of position postflop or is there another reason?
      yes, that's the reason but under NL100 i would just raise 4BB+limpers every position;
      on NL100 you can start with 4BB+limpers in EP and 3BB+limpers in LP
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      The tighter your opponent the less implieds you need. Against tight opponents call15 is fine, against looser call20 is better. Always raise the same amount with all hands you raise (AA/KK included), otherwise you are readable. As said before with a strong hand you want to play a big pot against one or 2 opponents, not against the whole table.
      Adding a bb per limper means giving him and others worse odds to call and to protect your hand.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      The tighter your opponent the less implieds you need.

whether this is true depends on how you use the term 'implied odds.'

the way I use the term, I would just say that you have better implied odds if your opponent is tighter, so it's more likely that you have at least 1:8.5 implied odds or whatever you need for set mining. seems to make more sense to me :)