[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK on BB

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      I've been at the table for about three orbits. Villain's been fairly nitty unknown who has only limped into pots so far. Sorry, no stats.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($9.95)
      UTG+1 ($10.00)
      MP1 ($16.30)
      MP2 ($3.05)
      MP3 ($10.20)
      CO ($10.00)
      BTN ($10.70)
      SB ($1.35)
      Hero ($11.35)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is BB K:heart: K:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 6 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG calls $0.30, SB folds

Flop: 2:diamond: 7:diamond: A:diamond: ($0.90, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, UTG raises to $1.30, Hero ????

1. As played, am I folding here seeing as he's probably hit a flush (unlikely) or he's holding at least a medium ace, considering what I've seen of his style so far?

2. Was that smallish probe bet a good play? After showing strength preflop, I don't think checking would have been a good idea, and I've seen him fold to min-bets before.
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Raise more pfr, you have 1 limper and 1 sb complete so raise to 5.5bb or 6 (Im lazy when I multitable so I don't type in 0.55).

I think your continuation bet (or probe if you wish) should be of normal size, that is to say 2/3rds. You're giving out info by betting less than half pot.

Finally, you don't even have the king of diamonds so fold to the reraise. With the king of diamonds it'd be trickier (not sure what to do actually).
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      pf raise 4BB +1BB per limper(including SB) + 1BB for oop = 0.70

If you have seen him fold to cbets I like it. He should fold here without a D or an A. Maybe bet 2/3 so he can fold a medium D.

Easy fold to his raise. Your trash hand has met resistance.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      as you played I`d fold.
      I think guys are right.First you should raise more preflop,like said TheBrood.If he wants to call u with thrash,he will call anyway.
      Flop is bad for u because if I correctly imagine your opps range ,u will find many Ax, pp,suited cards in it.Even your opp is folding to cbet significant amount of time,this flop is not great to cbet.I think cbet can be,but u should consider delayed cbet option an turn.Another thing you should evaluate-is your opp aggressive.If he is aggressive,then u can call his raise and evaluate turn or check/raise on flop to see if he is for real( but he should be a bit thinking opp,not station or maniac).If he is passive ,then fold is safer option.
      You play OOP and it`s very hard to play such hand without position,so fold is ok (maybe the best option).
      Good luck :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      B/f on that board is fine, but make it 2/3 potsize.