Be Amazing

• iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      A new blog. A new start. A time for clarity. A time for pause. A time for thought. A time for space. A time for presence. A time for center.

I was reading the news pages yesterday and saw the new blog challenge. It got me thinking.

As some of you that have offered comments (thanks) in my earlier threads know I had a blog before, and I also had a couple of challenge threads up and running. But I got to thinking, what are they all for? I started my blog because it seemed like a cool thing to do as someone new to the community, and don't get me wrong it was a very enjoyable experience especially getting to know some of you a little better - but it was intentionless. I just thought it would be nice to have a blog.

My challenge threads started off on one footing (grind freerolls for 24 hours) and developed into something else (keep playing winning poker for x days). I didn't know one thread from another so i'm sure many of you didn't either. So I asked PokerStrategy to delete my blog and challenge threads so I could start afresh, and here we are.

This blog is my chance to BE AMAZING. I want to be amazing at many things in my life. My poker. My lifestyle. My quality of thought. My experiences. My friendships. My romances. I want to be amazing at it all. So this blog is where I am going to chart my victories on that front and my path to getting them.

First things first. What's do I want?
      I started earlier today by sitting in a chair and just thinking about what I wanted. I ended up with a list. I then structured the list a bit and found somethings overlapped. I've noticed that some things are dependent on other things happening first. So I've ended up with five key things I want to achieve that I can work on now - and some other things I've put into the 'pipeline' that I'll start working on once I've achieved the first things I'm working on.

The five things I'm working on now.

Have a healthy Mind. Be positive, confident, self-assured. Be peaceful. Unworried. Be alive with a great spirit for life. Have fun. Be excited

Be a successful Poker player. i.e. win money and have an edge over most people I play

Travel. See some of the world. Meet exciting people. Go to exciting places. Do exciting things. Have great experiences.

Go to Unibet Copenhagen. This will tick my travel goal. It will also be the biggest live event I've ever played in.

Like who I am. I'm not where I want to be at the moment, so i find it hard to like who i am. As I start taking control of my life and achieving things I want to accomplish, I'll enjoy who I am more. Also social/romantic goals, are linked to this - as it's hard for other people to love you if you don't love yourself!

Feel Good. Simple but so important. I want to feel great everyday. This is my life and I want to own it, and just crush at living.

Some of these goals (Feel Good, Like Who I am, Have a Healthy Mind) will require mostly mental work and are very closely linked. Whereas the other three goals, Travel, Go to Unibet Copenhagen and Be A Successful Poker Player, are more action focused type goals. I'm going to be sharing how I am doing across all of these goals (and my additional goals as the first ones are completed) throughout my blog, but in the main as this is... Poker Strategy, i'll be sharing mostly my poker focused goals of Becoming a Successful Poker Player, and Traveling to Unibet Copenhagen here.

Get to Unibet Copenhagen

Why I want this?
      I want some excitement in my life right now. The prospect of playing in the biggest live game I've ever played in will definitely provide that. The biggest tournament I've played in before is £120 buy in, and this is a £1000+100 buyin. I also want to meet new people, which I'll obviously do traveling to another country, and see some sights I might never have seen before - all pretty exciting stuff!

I want to travel - I've never been abroad in my life. This is a great opportunity to do that.
      I want to have the opportunity of winning alot of money - not only is this exciting, but it could transform my personal circumstances which would be awesome!

What do I need to do?

Win a £2,000 Unibet Open Package.

How am I going to do it?

By grinding the smaller satellites. The satalites start at 2 euro. I won a ticket to one of them in a freeroll and managed to convert it into a ten euro ticket. I then had this reversed back into 5x2 euro tickets. I have since done this another 2 times, but haven't managed to score more than 1 ten euro ticket. I just completed the last run and have ended up with 1x10 euro ticket again.

Here see!

I am going to keep doing this grind, until I have 6x10 tickets, and then I am going to move up to the next ladder which is playing the 10 euro satalites.
      I am always going to keep 2 tickets in reserve to have converted back down in case the shots don't work out.
      For instance the first two levels might look like this:

Grind 2 euro satellites until I have 6x €10 tickets.
      Attempt to score some €50 tickets, by playing 4x€10 euro games. If they don't work out, I still have 2x€10 tickets I can convert into €2 tickets, and start grinding the 2 euro games again. Repeat same process for the €10 levels and same for the €50 level.

Once I get to the €250 level - I will re-evaluate my strategy ::f_thumbsup:

I only have to win 4 satellites and I'm there! See like this

€2 --> €10 --> €50 --> €250 --> €2,000

Become a Successful Poker Player

Why I want this?

Because I enjoy the game of poker and the feeling of beating opponents.
      I am greatly attracted to the potential freedom and lifestyle I could have if I became really good at poker.
      I want to be truly successful at something I love.
      This has been an ambition of mine for years, and has never been realized

What do I need to do?

Consistently beat the games I am playing to generate profit. Successfully move up and continue to do so.

How am I going to do it?

I am going to set myself poker goals and review and update these goals as and when I achieve them.

Poker Goals right now:

Beat 2nl and 4nl for 6bb/100 hands.
      Make at least 20% ROI in SNG's that I play.
      Profit overall in MTT's that I play.

These goals start today so only my hands from today count towards these goals.

Monetary Goals:
      Make 100$ profit on Betsafe.
      minor goal 1) Break even at cash games on BetSafe
      minor goal 2) Make $20 profit on BetSafe.
      minor goal 3) Make $50 profit on BetSafe.
      minor goal 4) Make $75 profit on BetSafe.

Make €100 profit on Unibet.
      minor goal 1) Get bankroll to €50 on Unibet.
      minor goal 2) Get bankroll to €75 on Unibet.
      minor goal 3) Get bankroll to €100 on Unibet.

My monetary goals are nice markers, but I'll be focusing more on the quality of my play, hours I put in and work ethic in the short term.

My current balances:

Unibet:

BetSafe:

I managed to cash in a freeroll on Unibet today for €40 which is where my current bankroll has started off from :f_thumbsup:

So that's it. I've done it. A focussed blog. With clear goals I want to achieve. Over the coming days I'll refine my strategy for achieving my poker goals in these pages and also share my early progress. Thanks for stopping by! :s_drink:
  • 52 replies
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Top of da morning to ya :f_drink:

First thing I did today was do a quick bit of work on my 'have a healthy mind' , 'like who i am' and 'feel good' goals by searching youtube for 'you are amazing'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpxXFxSNCF8

Nice video. Good way to start the day!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I wish you al the best with your challenge to play Unibet Open in Copenhagen and your new blog :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      tl;dr

:coolface: :coolface:

Best of luck with your goals! Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to achieve :)

When is the Unibet Open Copenhagen, i.e. by when do you need to win that package? Time constraints might make the challenge just that little bit more interesting.

Also that video was really nice. Don't know why, but it felt a bit like a mix of watching a motivational video and a movie trailer :D Either way it was really nice, thanks for sharing :f_thumbsup:

[x] snap subbed

Tino
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      I wish you al the best with your challenge to play Unibet Open in Copenhagen and your new blog :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987

Thanks SDK appreciate the support!
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      tl;dr

:coolface: :coolface:

Best of luck with your goals! Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to achieve :)

Thanks Tino! [Quote]

When is the Unibet Open Copenhagen, i.e. by when do you need to win that package? Time constraints might make the challenge just that little bit more interesting. [/quote]The Open is at the end of february , but I don't own a passport so i need to have won my package within the next 2.5 weeks!

[Quote]

Also that video was really nice. Don't know why, but it felt a bit like a mix of watching a motivational video and a movie trailer :D Either way it was really nice, thanks for sharing :f_thumbsup:

[x] snap subbed

Tino[/quote]Great you liked the video, yeah its amazing what you can find when you start following your goals online I think :-)

Thanks for subscribing!:f_drink:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      The Open is at the end of february , but I don't own a passport so i need to have won my package within the next 2.5 weeks!
      Better get to it then :D

:f_drink:
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      wow im impressed by your attitude. i truly hope you make it to copenhagen. glgl, stay sharp and be lucky.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Thanks alot Badgerer!
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      OK mixed things with my life / challenge / success right now.

My two poker balances are zero due to bad discipline. The Betsafe balance was deliberate as I lost again another few buyins at 2nl to be 20 buyins down - and the setups were pretty intense so I decided I'm not playing on the site anymore so with my last $14 on there had a bet and it lost.

Unibet - I was doing ok with my bankroll but again lack of patience got the better of me, also had a few bets. So balance is zero.

I'm not too surprised here, as with 20 - 30$ i find it So amazingly hard to be disciplined. When you want 5-10k it seems pointless playing with these stakes but I know that's not a very smart attitude to have but its the way I am. A little bit affected by my trade union telling me they are not supporting me taking my employer to tribunal re dismissal - so I'm basically unemployed, and have a gross misconduct reference from my last job (for not attending work when i was meant to even though i was on annual leave! long story but just want to outline the picture a bit in case you think i'm a murderer or someone for my gross misconduct).

So .... here we are. Right now poker is my only shot at getting somewhere with my life, and I have two possible avenues to achieve that right now. The main one is unibet copenhagen which i've been working my ass off for, for the last 2 weeks. For anyone that has read my update this far i'm pleased to say - there is some better news on this front.

One of the reasons my Unibet bankroll is zero is because i saw a ten euro Copenhagen sat that seem great value. Only 17 players remained and 7 won a seat blinds were still at 18bbs. So i bought in for half my Unibet bankroll. Pleased to say I cashed.

i also converted the second 2 euro ticket i played to a ten euro ticket so here is my Unibet open progress so far

Here is the schedule I'm playing today:

15:55 - 2 euro sat
      18:55 - 50 euro sat
      17:25 - 10 euro sat

I so want to cash in the 50 euro sat. If i cash i win 250 euro ticket, which I'll reverse back into 5x50 tickets - and then I think i'll be a favourite to get to Copenhagen.

I also have a $500 prizepool mtt i'm playing in at 7pm for people that have earnt entry through placing bets.

This is it then. I've had news today that I'm not going to get legal support with my ex-employer so no unfair dismissal claim. It's just me now, and poker - so a bit of run good now more than ever would be just great!

Will update in due course, and knowing I am updating will keep me at my best game this evening.

Good luck all!! thanks for reading
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Song that just come on my playlist I wanted to share with y'all - be amazing!!!

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0EDDyiFoYU[/URL]

Be Bigger.Be Stronger.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      My player - created especially to champion my unibet cause.

Just lost in 2 euro sat - but super pleased. I had AK AIPF for 25 bbs. :appl: impressed with my non results orientated focus.

Please work out tonight at 50 ticket shot!
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      The low poker grinder anthem?

• iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      0 for 2 in my unibet quest today.

everyone has 2-3k chips, 16k stack limps, i shove JJ for 2k over 4 limpers at 100 blinds... and he has QQ :f_cry:

Still have a 50 and 10 ticket left. I'm keeping the 10 and rewinding it to 5x2.

So just the 50 left to play tonight. PLEASE LET THIS CASH. POKER GODS.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Good luck tonight and shipped that 1 :gl:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Didn't ship and lost my tickets =( played the ten in the end too.

I emailed support on pokerstars today and also other sites i played on I added up ... since I started playing poker 6 year ago...
      I am 19,000$ down =( I only play $3-10 avg buy in =( and dont have 1penny of real money in my pocket now.

Maybe I have to let go of my poker dream =( :f_frown: :f_cry:

Can this ever be turned around?
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      OK GUYS. This is a quick post to keep me motivated. On my A game.

i am currently 12/65 in a titan special freeroll i was invited to. Top 9 players receive a 75 euro token!

So this could be good for my game. I will report back here with my result. :f_thumbsup:

• iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      -
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      -
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      AQ <KJ aipf all over i played well!

what i have lost since i started poker is a little less than i thought in pounds, still sucks though