[NL2-NL10] KK set beat...

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Can't even slow play vs anything.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.07)
      Hero (SB) ($4.99)
      BB ($6.50)
      UTG ($4.31)
      MP ($12.38)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
      UTG raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.55, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.80) 7, K, 10 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($1.80) J (3 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB raises to $2.35, UTG raises to $3.70, Hero raises to $4.39 (All-In), BB raises to $5.74, UTG calls $0.01 (All-In)

River: ($14.29) 6 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $14.29 | Rake: $0.70

Results:
      Hero had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
      BB had Q, A (straight, Ace high).
      UTG mucked 9, Q (straight, King high).
      Outcome: BB won $13.59

Should have folded turn and not slow played I guess.... this is getting on my nerves now.

I loose way mroe with KK then winning, but i guess i misplay the hand.. why can't I get this right... same mistake like freaking 10 times or so
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Imo raise 4x pfr because you're oop. Bet flop!!! You're preflop aggressor so you're pretty much giving away your hand as soon as you do the check-raise. If you make a normal conti-bet you're much more likely to get action from worse hands than if you check-raise.

Also for obvious reasons here giving away free cards is bad bad bad :p
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Imo raise 4x pfr because you're oop. Bet flop!!! You're preflop aggressor so you're pretty much giving away your hand as soon as you do the check-raise. If you make a normal conti-bet you're much more likely to get action from worse hands than if you check-raise.

Also for obvious reasons here giving away free cards is bad bad bad :p
      What he said.

- You can raise a bit more pf to 0.80 since you are out of position.
      - Read the slowplaying article again. Then read it again lol. This board is NOT for slowplaying. Specially not against 2 opp.
      - Bet at least 2/3 on flop, maybe 3/4 since you are not hu.
      - Until you start playing KK right you will continue to lose. Sometimes you get no action and sometimes you get a bad beat but this case was bad play.

Fix those leaks and dont play tilted! GL
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t check with your set and then getting stacked when straight card comes on the board.
      You get called a lot worse hands if you c-bet and you can get money all-in that way.