Bad beat Jackpot triggered or not?

• GEEPI
      GEEPI
      Basic
      Hello, I have been playing at a table the other day when AQ went all in against QQ.
      The board showed AAQ2A. It wasn't a bad beat jackpot table, but I know there are some tables paying you when you are loosing with AAAJJ or higher and playing both of your pocket cards. My question: Would both players play one Q from the board or would they play the Q from their pocket? Would they trigger the Jackpot with these hands?
      Thanks for your comments!
      GEEPI
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by GEEPI
      Hello, I have been playing at a table the other day when AQ went all in against QQ.
      The board showed AAQ2A. It wasn't a bad beat jackpot table, but I know there are some tables paying you when you are loosing with AAAJJ or higher and playing both of your pocket cards. My question: Would both players play one Q from the board or would they play the Q from their pocket? Would they trigger the Jackpot with these hands?
      Thanks for your comments!
      GEEPI
      Hi, GEEPI,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I've no idea because bad beat rules vary from room to room.

In the hand above, I don't think that a bad beat jackpot would be awarded, because the AQ hand is ahead all the way. OTF AQ makes Aces full of Queens, which is ahead of QQ's Queens full of Aces.

Hitting quads on the river is just plain showing off :coolface:

Hopefully, if I'm off base here, someone will correct me...

Peace,
      VS