[NL2-NL10] Sss Nl10 99

• 10 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You have only 36 hands on him and his PFR is only 8, so I believe there would be no mistake to fold preflop, but if you however believe he's stealing(I as a short stack get that a lot even from SB) then I think preflop push would be the way to go.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      With only 36 hands I don't trust his ATS stat to be accurate enough yet to make a resteal. Nice try though.

When learning to resteal I think its somewhat easier to play by just pushing your stack rather than doing these 3bets to something like 40% of your stack that get you in tricky spots.

For information on sample sizes for stats I suggest you read the 3rd Review down in Xarry's Coaching Review thread.

[coaching-feedback] NL SSS Gold with xarry2 - wednesdays at 7pm CET
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi DejaLoin,

Normally in a blindbattle against Unknown, I tend to fold Nines here, why risk 20bb for 1bb?
      If you decide to RRaise him in a blindbattle, I tend to add a bit extra (0.5bb) for extra FE.

Also Nines is more of a preflop hand so actually I would play this in 2 different ways:
      #1 Resteal All-in , high variance
      #2 Reraise to 9bb and shove on the Flop
      #3 A good fold
      I am inclined to make a fold here without stats

As played I should call his bet as his holding can mean anything + paired Ace board + why should he go all-in (70BB) when A) your stack is only 11bb left and B) the pot is 18bb ??

-Gerv
    • DejaLoin
      DejaLoin
      Bronze
      Thank you all very much for your opinions and advices :) .

I'll read that review right away DaPhunk, thanks :) .
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi DejaLoin,

Normally in a blindbattle against Unknown, I tend to fold Nines here, why risk 20bb for 1bb?
      If you decide to RRaise him in a blindbattle, I tend to add a bit extra (0.5bb) for extra FE.

Also Nines is more of a preflop hand so actually I would play this in 2 different ways:
      #1 Resteal All-in , high variance
      #2 Reraise to 9bb and shove on the Flop
      #3 A good fold
      I am inclined to make a fold here without stats

As played I should call his bet as his holding can mean anything + paired Ace board + why should he go all-in (70BB) when A) your stack is only 11bb left and B) the pot is 18bb ??

-Gerv

fold 99 against a SB first in raise?
      are you drunk? ;) you dont "defend 1bb", you attack the 4bb in the pot when you are MILES ahead against his range

easiest push ever!
      and please push, resteal as a push always.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      So when you push 99, you push AJ/AQ/KQ as well ?
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      A default resteal recommended for beginners is 88+, AJ+
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngolPoker
      I got taught that ATS 10 , AQ+,TT+ is always +EV for beginners. but since most unknowns have ATS 15, I can agree but I dislike it for beginners, also there is no resteal article for beginners afaik.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      also there is no resteal article for beginners afaik.
      I think most of the beginners can quite fast achieve silver status, where they find article of steals and resteals...

...I also think before you achieve 100 PS points you shouldn't think about steals and resteals.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by IngolPoker
      I got taught that ATS 10 , AQ+,TT+ is always +EV for beginners. but since most unknowns have ATS 15, I can agree but I dislike it for beginners, also there is no resteal article for beginners afaik.

But there is my coaching and my hand evaluations ;)

I can also write a 1-line-article if you want :D

"Resteal with 88+, AJ+. Thanks."