[NL2-NL10] QQ beat again

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($2.56)
      UTG ($3.12)
      MP ($3.82)
      Hero (CO) ($4.76)
      Button ($16.21)
      SB ($5.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
      1 fold, MP calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 1 fold, SB calls $0.23, 1 fold, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.80) 3, 6, 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.45, MP raises to $1.15, Hero raises to $4.51 (All-In), 1 fold, MP calls $2.42 (All-In)

Turn: ($8.64) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($8.64) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $8.64 | Rake: $0.40

Results:
      MP had 6, A (three of a kind, sixes).
      Hero mucked Q, Q (two pair, Queens and sixes).
      Outcome: MP won $8.24

I guess I pushed since I was already mad....

Anyways.. thinking of withdrawing my money now. I am a loosing player or break even player and I can't learn this mistake, its an obvious fold and I push it... lost 50$ plus because of this one leak and I still don't get it. Rather spend the money on something else then donating it to people.

Seriously... how am I supposed to play these hands... villain freaking limps pre-flop and then calls.. he can have any over-pair which I will have beat.
      Why is it that 8/10 times they hit the flop so strongly?

Stats are now:
      KK -18$
      QQ -10$
      AKo -9$

Somehow whenever I fold these hands villain was behind which frustrates me since I get to see showdown.
      Whenever I push these hands I am behind which frustrates even more.

Whenever I see KK, QQ or JJ now I don't even want to play the hand anymore. Its like -EV to even look at it for me. Villain calling with something he should never call with and then hits miracle flop. Either I make 20 cents or loose a stack....
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      ok, you are playing TAG style, so basically you are a gold mine to LAGs.

You are too predictable and cant lay down OP, also you play OP postf like its the nuts.

Against these loose players GO FOR POT CONTROL ON DRAWY BOARDS UNLESS YOU HAVE A MONSTER (2pair, set, straight, flush) and bear in mind they dont care paying 4BB pf with 72o as long as they can stack you postflop.

And the golden rule: DONT PLAY TILTED. Go mow the lawn or something lol
      I would recommend you leave the tables as soon as you get ONE beat since you seem unable to handle it.
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      I think there was no need for push over his raise...

either he has you beat, in which case you dont want to go all in, or he is on a draw/having weaker hand, in which case you want him to stay in the game...

you could have just called his raise, which would make your turn decision much easier...

think about it...

He plays first... I doubt he would push all in with a set... most likely is check/check... If he pushes you can see something is wrong, you commited by then "just " 1.4$, why to invest 3.5$ more in situation which is not looking so good...

remember, you dont have to win monster hands when you get them... a pair of queens is just a pair...
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice guys.

Made my losses over all those beats back and am up again for the day....

Acctually stacked an AA with pocket 7s since I hit set on flop. Saw how the error looks on the winning side now, he also couldn't fold to me and went all-in for 10$

I think I understand better how to avoid it now.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Thanks for the advice guys.

Made my losses over all those beats back and am up again for the day....

Acctually stacked an AA with pocket 7s since I hit set on flop. Saw how the error looks on the winning side now, he also couldn't fold to me and went all-in for 10$

I think I understand better how to avoid it now.
      Thats good to hear! gj man
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against unknown I would folded.
      His line is too strong that could be anything else than 6.