Stars keeps freezing up intermittently

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      My stars client keeps freezing between hands. The program responds as I can switch between stars windows and go in and out of settings cashier etc. I am also still connected to the internet b/c can load pages, watch videos etc.

Just wondering if this is just me experiencing these problems?
  • 50 replies
    • quantum3141
      quantum3141
      Bronze
      I've had the same, confused me even more when it was only a few tables which were freezing. Dropped PokerStars a message and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

PokerStars is experiencing some technical problems and we are working on a solution. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sadly we do not have a time frame at the moment, but we are doing our best to find a solution as fast as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards,

Sashia
      PokerStars Support Team
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I had also some problems earlier today. I thought the problem was my internet connection but Stars client and their website did not work but all other websites worked fine.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi muel,

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had this problem.

Yesterday, one of my SNGs froze up in the middle of the game, even though my internet connection was fine and I was even playing a few more tables that worked without any problems. None of the other players at the table seemed to have the same problem, since I learned later on that I was blinded out at 4th place.

Just about an hour ago, I finished another six-tabling session, and three of the tournaments were affected (one of them twice).

I have contacted Pokerstars' customer support about the first incident last night. They responded quickly and refunded my buy-in for the tournament. This is what they wrote:
      We can confirm that PokerStars has recently experienced some technical difficulties on the site. However, these issues have been resolved now and normal play has resumed.
      Unfortunately, it seems like the issue still persists.

Were you playing SNGs as well, or did it happen during a cash game?
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I was playing over 10 tables of Fifty50s so it was pretty annoying. I just send email to them and asked some compensation.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Glad to see its not just me. I've only been 1 tabling Zoom Cash. My HUD has been struggling to place itself correctly as well. Not sure whether the issues are related.
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      Same here
    • Gerardus
      Gerardus
      Bronze
      Here the same. I am playing Zoom poker and the tables are often freezing. My PT4 HUD also often struggles to place itself correctly.
    • mortal1ty
      mortal1ty
      Bronze
      same problem support replied they are working on fixing the problem, it happened on sng tables
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Got answer.

Hello Mikko,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars and sending in your log files.

PokerStars is experiencing some technical problems and we are working on a solution.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and we will be considering refunds for all materially affected players. "Materially affected" means you missed a considerable number of hands and lost a significant portion of your chip stack due to blinds and antes. By sending this email you have already ensured any affected games will be subject to a thorough review, but if there is any further information you feel is pertinent to your specific case, please feel free to let us know.

If you have any third party tool running at the same time, please temporary disable to see if there is any improvement and let us know the outcome of this.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Hans
      PokerStars Support Team
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      Cant wrap my head arround why Stars' Support keeps suggesting that the problem is local (ie on my PC) , when the problem clearly happens elsewhere aswell :/
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlcopopDK
      Cant wrap my head arround why Stars' Support keeps suggesting that the problem is local (ie on my PC) , when the problem clearly happens elsewhere aswell :/
      Did you receive any error message? If so, you should copy thos log files and send them to PokerStars.
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Originally posted by AlcopopDK
      Did you receive any error message? If so, you should copy thos log files and send them to PokerStars.

Yeah i've just sent log files for the second time. They're asking me to make a trial run without PT4 running. But these trial runs annnoys me since im playing with a significant dissadvantage (ie the disconnections).
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      I was playing 4 tables last night and 3 of them froze while the 4th one was O.K.
      I had to quit the other 3. When I went back on the 3 tables all the players on those tables were still playing and I had to go on the waiting list.
      I have also been disconnected during the add-on portion of a tournament and not able to add-on after playing for 1.5 hours. After the add-on was over I was then able to re-connect.
      I'm sorry others are having problems but happy at the same time as it proves the problems are not on my end.
      Let's hope they get things fixed soon.
    • vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      When 4 tabling zoom I encountered this issue also. At one point pokerstars e-mail reply said it had been fixed, then when I said it wasn't fixed, I got the 'we're working on it' default message you guys are getting. When playing an MTT I was able to work around the freeze-out by just closing and re-opening the table as soon as it occurred, but with cash it doesn't work like that.

Hope this is resolved soon.
    • vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      It does seem like this could be a PT4 related issue.
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vaulsc
      When 4 tabling zoom I encountered this issue also. At one point pokerstars e-mail reply said it had been fixed, then when I said it wasn't fixed, I got the 'we're working on it' default message you guys are getting. When playing an MTT I was able to work around the freeze-out by just closing and re-opening the table as soon as it occurred, but with cash it doesn't work like that.

Hope this is resolved soon.
      I found the same thing tonight. I was playing the $11 HORSE and had to keep closing and re-opening the table.
      I kept getting frozen out of the cash games at the same time as well. I was playing 3 Omaha tables at the same time and had to give up on them.
      I e-mailed their support but have yet to get a reply.
      It happens constantly with pokertracker running. Without pokertracker it still happens only less frequently.
      It also happens constantly with anything else open so I don't think it is pokertracker that is causing it.
      I think it happens if you have any other program running.
    • pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Platinum
      Same here, the problem is definitely not local! Many people have the same ... there is something with the client ...
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      Same here, but for me it only happens whe hm2 is running, I did not play long without hud though
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Can it be confirmed that client work fine when there is no HM or PT open same time? I was just wondering because it can`t be say for sure because these problems are not there all the time.