defending vs agro 4bettor

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Hi, can you please provide me some video, or article about defending vs agressive 4bettor? How do we construct 3bet ranges, and call 4bet, 5bet? Interested specifically for late positions only, could take only example BB vs BU 3bet, and one scenario 100bb, one scenario 125bb, and one deep stack? It would be also nice if you could provide some ranges what you think is good, so that we can discouss.

I know that usually it is adviced, if we slowplay something for call 4bet, that it should be AA only.
  • 3 replies
    • Shakaflaka
      Shakaflaka
      Bronze
      I recommend you Mathew janda video series about BuvsBB play (from cardrunners). I don't know if you have access to them.

I personally tend to call 4bets with good broadways, AA and weakest pocket pairs in my range. My call4bet range would look like suited broadways, AJ, KQ, 99, TT, AA or something similar. Then I shove KK-JJ/TT, AK and maybe I should bluff shove with some Axs as well (I don't do it very often).

The bad thing when facing aggressive 4bettors is that I'm forced to 3bet/fold hands such as KJo, Ato, etc. But as long as the opponent is not folding a lot to 3bets I don't like polarizing a lot my 3bet range and I don't like reducing my 3bet frequency either.

If we get deeper, I suppose that creating a 5bet/fold range should be fine. AA should be 5bet with deeper stacks and maybe we just call with hands such as AK or JJ-QQ depending on stack depth.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Hi, thanks for reply. I dont have access there, is it complicated?
      why would you 3bet BB vs BU KJo, Ato isntead of e.g. 74s and similar? If you 3bet KJo, ATo, then it is not value 3bet nor pure bluff,
      but then you dont defend enough vs open raise, since you fold hands that you could 3bet bluff. By having polarized range, you wouldnt have problem folding hands vs agro 4better.
    • Shakaflaka
      Shakaflaka
      Bronze
      I'm assuming that the opponent is not folfing enough preflop to let me 3bet profitably with hands such as 74s, 95s, 87o, etc (which would fit well in a polarized 3bet range). If he is folding enough, then it would be better to construct the range as you say.

Also, if we replace hands such as ATo, KJo for 74s, 63s, etc, tthen our range gets much weaker to play 3bet pots. I like having a good equity advantage vs typical call3bet range since opponent has good pot odds to call and he is in position. My 3bet "bluffs" are hands such as A5s, 98s, etc, which are a bit stronger.

So I want to 3bet at a high % but at the same time with a strong range. That weakens my calling range but that's ok since in the BB I have very good odds to call against a miniraise for example. Even if you call with a very weak range it is very easy to have 45-47% equity against a 45-50% opening range.

It is something that I've recently changed in my game and it is working pretty well but who knows... :f_rolleyes: