question

• Flsnookman
      Flsnookman
      Basic
      Hello! My 1st post here. I was playing in a MTT and the blinds were getting big. I was BB and both myself and the SB had a little over 9 BBs left. It folds around and he shoves 45 off. My question is is this a standard play with that many blinds. He mentioned a height chart? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Flsnookman and Welcome to PokerStrategy!

I'm not an MTT player and will leave that to them to answer. Just thought I'd recommend you introduce yourself to the community in the very aptly named - Introduce Yourself section of the forums.

Best of Luck to you!
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      He was probably referring to the nash chart which is something like this:

This chart was originally designed for headsup hyper turbo play but can be adapted into normal sng or tournament situations too. Altough it should be never used above 13-15BB stack size. And there its a lot more complicated usually.
      Depending on the state of the tournament it might have been a correct shove with 45o.
      For more information look around at sng / mtt forums and trainings or check Colin Moshman videos.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      The play is standard. The chart that was linked isn't the best one to use though, since it is taylored for headsup. You can find better charts for different positions and situations (and much more that might help you to improve your game) in my mtt beginner coaching: MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread

If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban