This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, AQo

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $56,45
      BU:
      $27,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , Q:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP1 calls $1,00, 3 folds, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3,35) 3:club: , 9:heart: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, MP1 folds, BU raises to $4,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $7,35

OK, before you tell me to stick to basic strategy... :)

Sometimes when tables are tight I get a little looser and raise for one more position as I should according to SHC(for MP hands I also raise on UTG+2, for LP hands I add MP3 etc.).

Somehow on the flop I didn't see I was against 2 opponents and I made a c-bet(I do not c-bet against two otherwise). Now my question is, would it be profitable to make a call after the reraise in this situation? My calculations show I would need about 20% equity(including rake), but I put a tight range of 99+/AKs into equilator and it gave me only 17,4%. Therefore I think I made a good fold.

Maybe someone could tell me if my calculations are right.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Your remaining stack here is essential for the calculation, please show me/us your beginning stack size :)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      BU will call PP's for set value also as well as monsters possibly some sc's too If he think he can get a payout from loose MP1, Its possible he does this with FD but in general I reckon your probably screwed here so I like the fold.

If he made a pair with Ax your outs are too heavily discounted also.

Unless of course you have $0.3 left in your stack xD I assumed your starting stack was like $5.50 or something.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I apologize, I was sure I added stack sizes when copying from elephant...

I had 5$ at the beginning of the hand, so I had left 2 $ more, just as much he reraised.

Thank you for your posts!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well then you need 17.6% to be break-even so that's an autocall with overcards + a backdoorflush.

If you bet 50% of your stack, that's an all-in ;)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Well then you need 17.6% to be break-even so that's an autocall with overcards + a backdoorflush.

If you bet 50% of your stack, that's an all-in ;)