nl5 to nl100 in year 2015.

• MartinsStraupmanis
      MartinsStraupmanis
      Bronze
      Hello, everyone!

My name is Martinš (you can call me Martins), I'm 21 years old, I live in Latvia. I'm studying Business Logistics in Riga(capital of Latvia) Techincaly University, also have my own little enterprise(we make cute stuff out of wood). And on top of that I love to play poker. In past I have mostly played mtt, but I don't like to grind 8hours straight anymore so I'm willing to learn NL SH cash games. I got really motiveted after reading blogs on Pokerstategy, so I will start to blog and maybe after some time somebody will get motivation from my blog. Also I have many things to improve and blog can be great tool to keep motivated and ask for advice.
      For now I have played around 5k hands in nl5 on ipoker, I'm +5BI. I don't see point of sharing graphh, couse it standart. Better I will post some goals and game plan. :f_drink:

Game plan

Something like this, I hope it will work. Biggest issue for me will be volume, couse I have other important things, mostly enterprise. So poker is in second place, but I hope I will manage to play at least 10hours weekly.
      Good thing is that I won't make any cash-outs.
      I believe that nl5-nl10 is just pure grind and fish-cathing. After that I will spend some time to improve my games and try to be more aggresive. After some time I found this http://www.pokersnowie.com/ , I'ts looks very nice and could be great tool.
      Also I will partipicate in "get rich or die trying" and "Goal-Getter" promotions, mostly for fun.

Goals:
      [*] Beat nl5 by end of february/have at least 250eur BR
      [*] Be part of study group (this almost done, so it dosen't count)
      [*] Play at least 10hours weekly
      [*] Write intresting posts, make discussions
      [*] Write poker non-releted stuff

Well this evening isen't really good for writing, worked all day, so can't think clearly. Will try to update other day.
      Long story short: i'm new at cash games and will try to reach nl100 from nl5 this year. Good luck and have fun, this will be an awsome year! :f_thumbsup:

I will appreciate any comments and questions, so feel free to drop the here or add me to friends and PM. :s_grin:
      P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes, I havent wrote long text in english for a while :( (another great reason to have blog here )
  • 6 replies
    • Anomic
      Anomic
      Bronze
      You shouldn't have deadlines you can't control, just focus on improving and play as much as possible. BRM seems a little aggressive and could lead to tilt (speaking from experience lol)

GL
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      subbed, but no time to read everything now. Will try to comment later! :f_thumbsup:
    • MartinsStraupmanis
      MartinsStraupmanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anomic
      You shouldn't have deadlines you can't control, just focus on improving and play as much as possible. BRM seems a little aggressive and could lead to tilt (speaking from experience lol)

GL
      Ty for advice! This is first plan, won't stick to ir if something isen't going my way, but I think it is doable :)
    • MartinsStraupmanis
      MartinsStraupmanis
      Bronze
      A little update. I deposited a bit more, so I can play nl10, becouse nl5 is very fishy and wast of time(can play good cards only :f_biggrin: ). In first nl10 was good, then added more tables and things get in their real place. But thats good, I have to learn to crush it. I will watch these vods http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/34641/ , so eveything will be good. A lot of work with bussines + University study started yesterday (last year:f_thumbsup: ) so no time to grind or to study poker. I hope it will get better at weekend. Good luck at tables and check out my fishy graph :f_drink:

• KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      How is it going? Did You get back to NL5? :f_confused:
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Lai veicas!