This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing poker with ps3 controller using win8.1

• Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Hey guys,

I'm using win8.1 and it's not quite as easy as plug-and-play. I know there are third party software like motioninjoy that supposedly do this but i'm not willing to take a (high) chance of infecting my pc by installing unlicensed third party software in order to use the controller.

Anyone doing it and how did you set it up?
  • 2 replies
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      I am 99,5% sure that motionjoy from the official site is malware/virus free, but if you exclude that solution, why dont you just buy a controller for pc? they go for 40-50$ max
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      I don't see a reason why motioninjoy wouldn't have a legitimate license if the company behind it is legitimate. There's a lot of sources saying that the software has trojan(s). Just don't see it being worth the risk.

The main reason why i'd like to use the ps3 ones is that i have a couple of them laying around. Also, i'm not yet sure if i like playing with a controller since i've never tried it :)