Dealing with Addiction

• 89 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey GoOnCal1,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Nice goals. Certainly attainable in a year so I wish you all the best in achieving them. :gl: Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map . You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door.

Don't forget to check if you are eligible for any of our free money offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

As you are in for the long haul, why not consider opting in to our Get Rich or Die Tryin' promotion before your roll starts getting to large. :f_biggrin:

You could even win a status upgrade as well as making it into the news. :coolface:

GL at the tables :gl:

Laz
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      :f_cool:
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      :f_cool:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey GoOnCal1,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

You have some nice goals there. You should also consider joining our Goal-Getter: Prove yourself and get rewarded! promotion. :s_thumbsup:

This is also looking like it will turn into a Blog or Success & Challenge thread so I could move this to either of those boards. Just let us know which one. :f_thumbsup:

Regards

Laz
    • P0k3rdud3
      P0k3rdud3
      Bronze
      As an addict i can tell you that what your describing isnt actually an addiction like alcoholism or that meth addiction yanks seem so fond of. See what you've done is find a passion that you're not very good at, which is alot more common than you would think. what you need to do is study theory and just read and train enough so that your natural instincts change and you start making right decisions. Theres a study by sum guy that suggest(claims )that mastering any skill this takes 10,000 hours of solid practice, actual practice not messing about like ur doin now, or atleast untill now that uve set urself some proper goals. most people power thru their 40 hour weeks, very few can actually find something they can do for that much time while enjoying it so if you can grind for that long time then go for it man! only reason you wudnt succeed is you being too much of a coward to follow your dreams
    • Post removed

• GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      GRODT WEEKs 0 - 29 Cash Game Results
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      GRODT WEEKs 0 - 29 SNG & Tourney Progress
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey GoOnCal1,

Welcome to the Goal Getter promotion. :s_thumbsup: You certainly have some nice and innovative goals there (love number 2 :s_love: ).

Don't forget to try and achieve our goals as well for extra points as listed in this post.

GL :gl:

Laz
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      :heart:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He GoOnCal1,

I saw you posted an update for our Bankroll challenge - but he, you forget to sign up for the promo in the first place:
      - sign up with your Bankroll, Bankroll goal & link to your blog: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!
      - give us a weekly report so that we can track your progress & you'll have the additional chance to win a free status upgrade: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

Thx,Sven!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey GoOnCal,

Can you go back to your opt in post and include your starting and target bankrolls.

Cheers :gl:

Laz
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Cheers,
      Am I in or out ?
      Can my start date be 26th Jan? Australia Day :-)
      Can my roll be 'notional' given I have many accounts and a holding account?
      Regards Michael
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He GoOnCal1,

you'd be in if you follow the steps that I described above :-)
      I don't think it will be a lot of hassle to add your Bankrolls together once, given that the purpose of the promo is also to give you the chance to easier progress with your own goals. Of course details are up to you, so if you want to round your individual BR on the rooms, please do so.

In the end we want to:
      - show: he, I have my goal, I will follow up with it and show you my grind
      - give you a little extra push by asking you for an update every week
      - give you the chance for a status upgrade
      - by giving your blog visibility in our weekly update, so you can also get one or another comment more in your blog :-)

Given the fact that we don't run this as a competition and allow everyone to go at his own pace, please do bend the rules to your liking. However, we somehow need a rough starting point & a concrete goal, so it all makes a bit more sense with our updates & overviews.
      Please -under the above aspects- have an opt in here: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Woo Hoo - Week 9 - Finally the poker gods smile on me :-)

NL10 results
      If you wondering weeks 1 to 8 don't look like this. I felt I was playing well and put in longer sessions

• Goglika7
      Goglika7
      Bronze
      welcome! :f_drink:
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      My Goals for April 2015

Earn 500 Strategy Points at my linked account.
      Play Aussie Freerolls on 888 :-)

Result

888 Freerolls Played x17 $19.97

Joined PKR
      Deposit $200 USD
      Deposit $50 USD
      Bonus $40 USD
      Earn +$14.24
      Balance @ 30/04/2015 =$304.24
      Strategy Points 487.63
      Hands Played 6,667
      12/05/2105 Withdraw original deposit $250 USD :-)
      Balance Free $56.06 02/06/2015

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Deluded? :spit: How could an Aussie be deluded? I'm an Aussie and I'm not deluded...... or am I :thinking: :coolface:
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Lols Lazza,
      If you question your own sanity, obviously you are asking the wrong person. (category 2 logic error)
      Thanks for your friendly assistance and comments since I joined PS.
      :-)