Fishing in Spain ! NL2-NL5 !

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze

Becouse of Vonki and her LIMITED OFFER!!! :D I decided to book a coaching sesion from her so i have to start playing again to have some hands to talk about.
      This blog is started 1 year ago but I lost my motivation after I moved from Nl 2 to Nl 5 so if you wanna skip the old content just jump to page 3.

Hi guys,

My name is George, I am 29 years old i´m from Romania but for the last 6 years I live and work in Spain. This means I can only play poker on Spanish online poker rooms because of the laws from this country.

This year I decided that is time to change some things in my life and with the help of this blog I will try to achieve some things
      - get better at poker
      - take my driving license
      - improve my english ans spanish skills

I play poker since 2011, never deposited from my own money. I started playing tons of freerolls I even had one blog in the romanian comunity with a challenge to make a bankroll from 0 playing only freerolls, i made around 80$ in 25 days. With those money I played poker for fun for the last 3-4 years: sng, mtt´s and cash games.

Returning from one month vacation I´m eager to play poker again mostly because of ¨Get Rich or Die Tryin' Bankroll Challenge¨ started by Pokerstrategy. So I will join you guys in this adventure.

I will play cash games 6 max on Pokerstars.ES starting with a bankroll of 50 Euro and trying to get to 1000 Euro.

Short-term objectives :

:diamond: Read W34z3l's 6max walkthrough post.
      :club: Watch all 10 videos from W34z3l's 6max walkthrough.
      :spade: Post some poker hands for analysis.
      :heart: Dont lose my bankroll.
      :heart: Improve my english grammar. ( Work in progress, this will take some time )
  • 84 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey AgapieGheorghe,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

You have some nice goals there. You should also consider joining our Goal-Getter: Prove yourself and get rewarded! promotion. :s_thumbsup:

GL at the tables

Laz
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hi Laz, i joined Goal-Getter: Prove yourself and get rewarded! as you suggested, thank you.
      I hope i dont forget to update every monday. :f_zZz:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hi guys today i started to play and had my first sesion around 1k hands. After that I started to analyze my hand history and I have a question about this hand :

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

BTN: $0.99
      SB: $0.89
      Hero (BB): $3.44
      UTG: $2.88
      MP: $2.85
      CO: $6.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 7:heart: 6:heart:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04

I decided to call here. Villain stats over 400 hands VP 30 PFR 20

Flop: ($0.12) 5:club: Q:diamond: 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

He has a Cbet of 70% so i decided to call the flop and fold the turn if he will bet again.

Turn: ($0.24) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

On the turn he bet again but only 40% of the pot and i got a middle pair so i decided to call again.

River: ($0.44) J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ???

How should i play the river ? Check behind or Bet ?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Subbed, wish you the best of luck! :f_drink:
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      Hey George, glad to see another compatriot blog here. Best of luck on your challenge.

My thought about the hand: I don't see a reason for betting the river. A thin value bet is only against maybe an A high hand and 22-44, which I don't see him calling that much on the river. And I don't see a better hand that you can fold by betting. I think check behind and hope for 2 barrel bluff from the opponent is the best play here.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      :heart: Thank you Vonky, I'm glad to see you here. I´m keeping an eye on your challenge blog :f_wink:
      :diamond: CrushemRo many thanks for your analysis on the hand. I need to work alot on my post flop game losing to much money here.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze

Hi guys, it has been a week since i started playing so let´s make an update.
      Things didn't go as they had been expected, but no worries it was only my first week.

I´ve played 6851 hands this week and i´m break even. My target was 10k hands but i realised I can´t play more than 500-600 hands, I get tired and i lose my focus.

I also played some Spin&Go and I managed to lose 5 Euro. I promise I will stay away from this type of game in the future.

I enjoy my Silver status here on Pokerstrategy so I got from Pokerstars 2 x 10 Euro using some VPP´s and deposit this money on Titan.Es where i had 4, 21 in my cashier, so now i have 24,21 Euro . This account is afiliated with Pokertrategy and i will try to play some hands here to get some strategypoints.

My BR for February is 70 Euro and I already posted my goals for this month in the first picture. I will try to update the blog 1-2 times/week this month.

Good luck to all of us ! :f_drink:

L.E. - Because i had 4,21 Euros in my Titan cashier before my deposit. My Br for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge is only 66.31 Euro and not 70.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      :diamond: Chasing after my objectives this week :
      :heart: Update blog ( obvious :f_biggrin: )
      :heart: 15k hands this month - I stick to my plan 500 hands/day... i will get there.
      :heart: Read 1 book - It was hard to choose one because i donk know what is best for me so I started : Poker Math That Matters by Owen Gaines.
      :heart: Learn all preflop ranges from W34z3l walktrough. I have some problems with cold calling ranges from SB and BB...but I´m on the right track.
      :heart: Improve my english grammar - I´ve encountered a nice website called Duolingo that is perfect for my needs.

:spade: The bad part is that I failed with my plan to play on TitanPoker.es . It seems there are no people here playing, 400 at peak hours. And the lowest limit is NL5 where i already lost almost all my deposit of 20 Euro. Furthermore the poker client is kinda full of bugs. I regret my decision to deposit here.

:heart: The good thing is I´m on a heater on Pokerstars.es I got almost 10 Bi this week :s_drink:
      Here are some stats from the start of my blog until now, still a long way to go :

I got a nice video for you guys :coolface:

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      My god today I had a hard time playing with the fishes. I was down almost 5 BI , tilted a bit and made some mistakes but after i lost so much I tried my best to come back and it felt so gooood to win my money back. :f_drink:

I almost started dancing like this little fellow at the end of my session : :f_biggrin:

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Weekly update :

Bad news : Lost al my deposit on Titan poker room - 20 E.
      Good news : Runing good on Pokerstars this week.
      More good news : Unlocked a 10 Euro bonus on Pokerstars.

My graph from the start of this blog :

My Br for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge is 72.13 Euro + 5.82 Euro from last week
    • rommycaRNMD
      rommycaRNMD
      Bronze
      i wish you all the best my friend! I'll hope i'll meet you at the tables.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey thank you, I hope I will be on your level soon :D
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Weekly update :

Bad news :
      [*] I´m so lazy that I want to slap myself !!!
      [*] Friday i finished the day with - 5 BI.
      [*] Didn´t update my blog.
      [*] Almost no study.

Good news
      [*] Managed to finish the week with some profit.
      [*] I´ve read half from Poker Math That Matters by Owen Gaines.
      [*] Won 80 cents on VIP Stelar Feeroll All-in Turney :f_drink:

My Br for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge is 80.76 Euro + 8.63 Euro from last week.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Hey lovely blog, nice progress so far - looking forward to a few months time when I see you are at nl100 :)
    • rommycaRNMD
      rommycaRNMD
      Bronze
      Are you playing the same nickname on stars.es or have you changed the platform?
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi AgapieGheorghe,

We all have lazy weeks, what's important is to reflect why this happen and eliminate that reason you found.
      One thing you must have in mind, success always comes through hard work ;)

Good luck in the challenge and hope to see more updates from you in this blog:s_cool:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      # iSoOwnYou - Let´s do this step by step :f_biggrin: Still a long way to go playing NL2.

# rommyca - I play on Pokerstars.Es with the same nickname. I've been looking for you too on the tables a few days ago.

# teddypoker - ¨Success always comes through hard work¨ I guess I dont want to achieve the success as much as I think.
      Certainly I'll do more updates from now on.

My first job was in a MLM company 7 years ago. I worked there for 2 and a half years and one of the things that I remeber learning there was how to set up goals and how to plan to reach a goal. So let´s practice :

Goal - Beat NL 2 - This means 100 Euro ( 20 BI ) to get some shots at NL 5.

I played almost 20 k hands untill now with a profit of 7bb/100 and I´m a bit under EV so I assume that I can maintain this profit on a long run.
      My BR right now is 83 Euro so I only need 17 E (850 bb) more.

With my 7bb/100 this means I have to play 12.142 Hands to reach my goal. ( I hope my math is right )
      I have 10 days until the end of the month, this means that I have to play 1214 hands/day.

I already stated that I´m so lazzy... to play 12 K hands in 10 days will be a real challenge to me, not to mention that I need to maintain my profit over 7bb/100.

May the odds be ever in my favor ! :s_drink:
    • pok3ras
      pok3ras
      Bronze
      I've told you so many times, let' share some informations over the pool, make some population reads , disscus about spanish field style. I'm undercover but you know me. I went with dreamtime in gibraltar :)
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hahaha now i know who you are pok3ras ! :f_drink: