This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10, flush on the river

• empvision123
      empvision123
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05/$0.10 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP2 ($9.75)
      MP3 ($3.14)
      CO ($9.57)
      BTN ($2.20)
      SB ($5.55)
      BB ($2.60)
      UTG+1 ($10.05)
      UTG+2 ($11.83)
      MP1 ($1.85) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:club: , A:spade:
      1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.1, Hero calls $0.1, 1 folds, MP3 raises to 0.4, 3 folds, BB calls $0.3, 1 folds, Hero calls $0.3,

Flop: 8:heart: , J:heart: , 6:spade: ( $1,35 )
      BB bets $1.35, Hero raises All-In $1,45, MP3 raises All-In $2,74, BB raises All-In $2,2,

Turn: 7:club: ( $7,74 )

River: 5:heart: ( $7,74 )

Final Pot: $7.38

Results:
      MP3 has Q:heart: , A:heart:
      BB has K:heart: , Q:spade:
      Outcome: MP3 wins $7.38

Is this badbeat or not?

I think that I did everything OK but on flop i guess i should have fold.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I advise you to reread the articles about preflop play with SSS. You hold an AJo in MP1 which is a clear fold.

...and if you check the this forum, you will see that calling with SSS is considered a sin. ;)

Now, as played, you have to push flop, since you have a made hand, TPTK. About your question, whether this was a bad beat or not, I would say odds were in your favour on the flop, but the villain had a strong draw against you, which means he had a lot of chances to improve his hand, so I wouldn't call it a bad beat.

P.S.: When you post hands remove the results, because then others can advise you objectively.
    • JJanke88
      JJanke88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      I advise you to reread the articles about preflop play with SSS. You hold an AJo in MP1 which is a clear fold.

...and if you check the this forum, you will see that calling with SSS is considered a sin. ;)

Now, as played, you have to push flop, since you have a made hand, TPTK. About your question, whether this was a bad beat or not, I would say odds were in your favour on the flop, but the villain had a strong draw against you, which means he had a lot of chances to improve his hand, so I wouldn't call it a bad beat.

P.S.: When you post hands remove the results, because then others can advise you objectively.
      #So true
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Fold preflop!
      you are just throwing your money out of the window!!

Read the articles please!