180 reg aim

• chillipops
      chillipops
      Bronze
      Hiya,

I have started playing the 2.50 180's from watching some of the vids in this excellent site and attending some of the live classes and I want to improve. (as I'm sure we all do) I have come to get used to some of the swings but I would like to improve my analytical skills in order to find my leaks and plug them, I have taken a subscription to Holdem Resorce Calculator i the hopes of achieving this but as of yet it is new and needs work.

I really do not know where to start ?
      I have watched a lot of the Silver videos and will continue to watch them, are there any that you could offer as some of the most important ones I should pay extra attention to I am watching Collin's video's almost non-stop and a few others for the 180's, so could I please ask, am I on the right route?

thanks in advance,

chillipops.
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I have moved your thread to the tournament section.
      This way you get faster feedback of 180 mans SNG players.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey chillipops =)

Not sure how good your theoretical foundation is, but for a start I would recommend my mtt beginner course which should be perfectly fine to get started in the micro 180s: MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread

The best video content for 180s is provided by Collin, as well as tomsom, who both focus on 180s.
      In addition you should pay attention to the theory articles that focus on ICM (in the SNG section).

That should cover all the basics and a few advanced ideas.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      If speaking just about 180s tournament, what BRM should be used?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Personally I would pick 200 or even 250 buyins, although it should be possible to play them with 150 buyins in the lower stakes.
      The higher the stakes get the more careful you should be.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • devondreams
      devondreams
      Basic
      hey nmillian, I play quite a lot of these 180 mans, would be great to talk strategy with you in the forum, keep me updated on your journey :)
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Originally posted by devondreams
      hey nmillian, I play quite a lot of these 180 mans, would be great to talk strategy with you in the forum, keep me updated on your journey :)
      Hey, I am currently playing cash games, but am interested in 180s, as well as HUSnGs, will choose between if decide to drop cash :D

GL @ the tables
    • devondreams
      devondreams
      Basic
      good luck
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chillipops
      Hiya,

I have started playing the 2.50 180's from watching some of the vids in this excellent site and attending some of the live classes and I want to improve. (as I'm sure we all do) I have come to get used to some of the swings but I would like to improve my analytical skills in order to find my leaks and plug them, I have taken a subscription to Holdem Resorce Calculator i the hopes of achieving this but as of yet it is new and needs work.

I really do not know where to start ?
      I have watched a lot of the Silver videos and will continue to watch them, are there any that you could offer as some of the most important ones I should pay extra attention to I am watching Collin's video's almost non-stop and a few others for the 180's, so could I please ask, am I on the right route?

thanks in advance,

chillipops.
      Most important is to get hang of HRC and calculate a lot ICM spots at FT and bbl spots and of course every spot is very important to take max number of +EV situations.
      mark hands
      review by HRC every day