thanks for saving me

• snobbynose
      snobbynose
      Bronze
      hello everyone, i cant beleive my luck having come across PS. only been playing 6 months, mainly losing the 1 month. then i bought some books, telling me only to play mainly just 4 hands, got a bit of confidence, then lost some more money. undetered, i searched the web for more content on poker. got the impression that good players dont usually help inexperiencd players. lol. but love for the game kept me going. seen a PS freeroll on one of my platforms one evening and popped PS in the search box and the rest is history. past quiz second time, had a delay with the $50. entered a 9 person sit and go and using the PS strategy i won. only a $1 entry, but hey, I WON. i felt i was wandering around in the dark with this poker caper i was getting really frustrated.PS have improved my game overnight, im on the bronze at the mo but i am waiting for the points update, as i think im on silver. dont want to bore the pants off you guys so ill just say ty ty ty ty ty ty PS you have saved my poker life
  • 5 replies
    • dpt2008
      dpt2008
      Bronze
      Congratulations Snobbynose!! Sounds like you're on your way to some success. I know exactly how you feel. My 'poker career' was pretty well going nowhere until I was introduced to Poker Strategy. This is such an awesome community with great members, and a lot of resources. Definitely pushed my game into the winning column (thanks PS!!).

So keep using the resources here Snobbynose (hand evaluation forums, strategy articles, coaching sessions and videos) and keep us updated on your success stories.

have fun at the tables,

-steve-
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      And here the good players help the inexperienced.
      Good luck with your poker carrier and see you in the forums.

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello snobbynose and welcome to the boards!

As a first and foremost tip, read the appropriate bankroll management article for whatever format you are currently playing (SNG/Cashgame) as Bankroll management is one of the most important things in poker (period). Right along with bankroll management comes your attitude towards the game. If you are a formerly losing player your first steps should concentrate on working on your game. Move down to the lowest limits and fix your leaks. Put the emphasis on learning and away from earning money.

Higher limits can wait until you have the appropriate experience :)

Best regards and good luck at the tables.
      SoyCD
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello snobbynose and welcome to the boards!

As a first and foremost tip, read the appropriate bankroll management article for whatever format you are currently playing (SNG/Cashgame) as Bankroll management is one of the most important things in poker (period). Right along with bankroll management comes your attitude towards the game. If you are a formerly losing player your first steps should concentrate on working on your game. Move down to the lowest limits and fix your leaks. Put the emphasis on learning and away from earning money.

Higher limits can wait until you have the appropriate experience :)

Best regards and good luck at the tables.
      SoyCD
      Your post gave me an idea: How about you sticky a "10 golden rules of poker" somewhere for newbies?
      1. Follow BRM
      2. Dont play on Tilt
      3. Dont play drunk
      4. Dont play while making out
      5. etc
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Don't snap call shove for 100BB w/ 92o and say later that you had a read on him.

Don't bluff calling station just for fun.

and you must never ever bring your whole money to the table.

All of this are real cases of PS members, so don't underestimate them :D