Changang*

• KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Hi! And welcome here!
      Blogs grow like mushrooms after warm summer rain, and I decided to add my Bolete here, and I hope You will water it with Your comments.
      I am 33 year old guy, who is struggling with opportunities life gives us. On one hand I am sure, that world is very open to anything You want, on the other – I can not arrange and fulfill my aims.
      I try to find a time for poker – as I feel it as a hobby number 1. Still in reality I am able to sit down at virtual poker table just after I come back from my workplace (I work in IT) and spend enjoyable time with my wife and son.
      I dream that one day I will be able to live in countryside, and have enough money to supply my family. And money would come only from poker.
      Right now I play on SH Nl5 fastfold poker and I am starting to learn W34z3l Walktrough ranges.
      Current bankroll = $95

My target of the year is to get my bankroll as big as $1000 at the end of year and successfully play at SH NL10 with tryouts of NL25.

[Target of the month] Till the end of february:
      1) Play 20k more hands
      2) will have $150 in my bankroll (50$ more than now) done
      3) will know ranges (RFI, cc, 3bet) by head
      4) will watch 10 eduactional videos
      5) will post 20 hands for analysis
      6) Will work on HUD (Will create 2 custom popups).

I will work on my leaks (as pointed out by superior coach W34z3l in recent session):
      1) Extend my 3 betting range on button (right now I loose value folding for example AJo, ATs vs CO RFI)
      2) Extend my BB defending range vs SB from 35% to 50% (right now I have 3bet 10,5% and cc – 23,3%)

Thank You for reading this. And good luck in Your life!

Yearly goals [Idea of goals copied from PS user smarnijss; Thank You!]:

Poker:
      :spade: Beat NL5
      :spade: Beat NL10
      :spade: Win one massive online tourney
      :spade: Play on live tourney in Riga

Longterm goals:
      :spade: Earn at least 2k every month
      :spade: Participate in major poker live event (like EPT or PCA)
      :spade: play poker for living - (beat Nl50-Nl100)
      :spade: Get pokerstars supernova

Life:

:heart: Start doing sports activities 3 times a week.
      :heart: Work on psychological stance of mine
      :heart: Buy new pc
      :heart: Buy ergonomic pc chair

*Changange = Change + Challenge
  • 29 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi KKNgroup,

welcome in our challenge! Seems like you have a very structured approach to the game - GL!
      We will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Read you soon,
      SvenBe!
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Thank You for warm welcome, SvenBe!

Look at my progress on those three days
      1) Play 20k more hands Played 450 hands - just onetabling zoom - so this is goooing slooooow
      2) will have $150 in my bankroll (50$ more than now) net won $10,85 (bb/100: 48,22)
      3) will know ranges (RFI, cc, 3bet) by head I play on just one table, so - learning in progress (I already may know UTG & MP rfi :)
      4) will watch 10 eduactional videos Did 3 W34z3l walktrough series videos is done
      5) will post 20 hands for analysis none yet, but I participated in analysis of other player hands :D
      6) Will work on HUD (Will create 2 custom popups). Tried to work on one popup, but felt too tired or lazy to do it in that moment

I am planning to do some physical activities. I am quite passive on that, still for last two years I managed to run half maraton in quite decent time. I want to do physical activities to feel better and to get more stamina.
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Yesterday I played some more 250 hands. One hand I played very bad. So here`s how it went.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $9.98
      SB:
      $8.79
      BB:
      $7.31
      MP2:
      $7.69
      MP3:
      $19.54
      CO:
      $5.09

"So no info on opponents, because I do not play often enough to get some stats"

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.48, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38.

"So we go 4 headed on the flop, at this stage (before seeing flop) I feel that I have best equity (still it is small, as equity is divided to four parts)"

Flop: ($2.05) Q, 7, A (4 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $1.00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $1.00, SB folds.

"Really nice flop for me I have nut flush draw and tptk, and in my opinion my flop move was nice too. I put him on flush/fd or on trips here. I call because of hope that SB may come with us"

Turn: ($4.05) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.70, Hero raises to $8.48(All-In), MP2 calls $3.49(All-In).

"Here is very large mistake of mine. I had to fold here"

River: ($18.72) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.72.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a flush, ace high(J T).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(A K).

"As You see, I am extremely lucky here"

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(A K).

So, now my BB/100 raises even more.. :D
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      Your plan is good.Work hard and you complete your challenge.
      GL
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Thank You, Mon3yMaChin3, for coming by! I wish You lot of success! :)

So, I am playing already on two tables! (WOW :D ) Had a nice session of 600 hands today.
      I finished my PokerStars Ultimate Challenge Bonus Bonus Award, so right now I already fulfilled my aim for $150, as I have $156.41 in my bankroll available.

"Congratulations! You have released the final installment of your deposit bonus. Your PokerStars account has been credited in the amount of USD 18.00 for this bonus."

My stats from start of this blog and challenge are here:

Right now I am on possitive wave, luckboxing a little bit :D :f_ugly:
      I had nice hand today, did not know what to do, was confused... But decided to call, because of money already into pot.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $18.35
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB:
      $6.09
      MP2 (Hero):
      $9.34
      MP3:
      $3.17
      CO:
      $1.85

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, T.
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP3 raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.82) J, 5, Q (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.92(All-In), CO calls $1.60(All-In), Hero calls $2.92.

Turn: ($8.26) 7 (3 players)

River: ($8.26) J (3 players)

Final Pot: $8.26.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(A T).
      CO shows a pair of jacks(T K).
      MP3 shows two pairs, jacks and sevens(7 6).

MP3 wins with two pairs, jacks and sevens(7 6).

I wish You good luck at tables!!
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      I really like those Pokerstars promotions. So I made small deposit of $15 and took those spin and goes tickets for the value of $7.
      I was lucky to won that ticket for $3 prize. It was 4 times, I think.
      Anyway, on NL5 I had a downswing of few stacks. Right now I am at ~$182.
      My BRM is to move to NL10 when I will have $240, and return if I fall under $200
      So, hopefully it will happen next week. I am also participating in those Spin&Go challenges, where I have to play 5 games, and then I am able to participate in lottery. :f_pleased:
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      A downswing for me right now. Already lost some 6 buyins and don to $155
      Not happy about that. Gotta have lot`a leaks in my postflop play.
    • besquitepoker
      besquitepoker
      Bronze
      Great results anyway :f_thumbsup:
      Don't worry and play more than 200 hands/day :megusta:
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Down, down, down - form $182 to $137 now.
      I am on massive downswing. Trying to get my psychological stance on level, not to make bad decisions because of that.
      It would be nice, if I would be able to get myself down to check those hands, too. :D
      I believe that everything will be okey.
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Hey, there!

Nothing much to say.
      When everything does not goes as smoothly as before, things starts to bore me, and I do not play poker much.
      Current bankroll: $107.97
      Hands played in the last week: 1483
      Profit in the last week: -$19.86
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      I have changed zoom to reg tables. Playing 6-9 at the same time.
      Also I took out two $10 Pokerstars VIP stellar rewards (there was one $10 prize, I have forgotten from year 2014)

Stats for two weeks (from 16th of february)
      Hands: 9453
      BB/100 20,6
      Current bankroll: $233

Last week stats:
      Hands 3665
      Net won: $44.20
      BB/100: 24.1

Here is graph from the start of my challenge
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      February goals:
      1) Play 20k more hands did not succeed (just 17k)
      2) will have $150 in my bankroll (50$ more than now) Success (current bankroll $233)
      3) will know ranges (RFI, cc, 3bet) by head partial success (I know RFI ranges, but need to work on cc and 3bet)
      4) will watch 10 eduactional videos Lost count, but had some 7-8 videos done
      5) will post 20 hands for analysis Posted some 2-3 hands..
      6) Will work on HUD (Will create 2 custom popups). Did not manage to create custom popup, but found some default ones and put them into hud
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Hi!

I see that at least for NL5 6max tables regs are more profitable than fast fold. It seems that it is because You are on one table with recreational player and You can make moves against him. When in the Zoom player field is too large to get many hands with the same player.

Anyway, I have to define my March goals.

I`ll have to spend more time for work this month, so I can not set higher goals than for february.

:club: Play 15k hands
      :club: Get $330 bankroll ($248 at the moment)
      :club: Continue to learn PF ranges
      :club: Watch 3 educational videos
      :club: Continue to work on HUD [get known with current HUD] (right now I have areas in my HUD I do not use at all)
      club: Start reading poker book. Will have to choose one, though.

Out of Poker goals for March
      :diamond: Start running regularly (to participate in at least three competitions of half-marathon this year).
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Yesterday I had quite bad day. Made bad moves, because I was distracted and I tried to play some web game of Tower Defence in other screen. Could not get my attention to poker, so my game on all the four tables was poor. I tried to get up from PC and do something else and then return - but nothing changed. I kept playing badly. Then I decided for the sake of attention try myself on NL10 :)
      And I was lucky as I chose table where was recreational sitting on and I made some extra 7 bugs on couple of minutes (still did not play my best). Then aroma of blood made other players stay sharp, and I decided to leave table.
      Anyway I am going for NL10 now. If I drop below $200, I return to NL5.

Second thing I am planning to do is not to post Hands in Pokerstrategy forum. That is because I had two hands I did not recieve any answer to. Yes, maybe those hands were not as interesting and specific as other hands, but still - I added few extra info and stats from players (if I had played some hands with them before).
      Therefore, as I am playing on Pokerstars, I will post my hands in their homepage - pokerschoolonline - as I know I will be answered by their coaches.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He KKNgroup,

I understand your concern in regards to the Hand Discussion forums.

You said that you had 2 hands without a comment. I searched for your posts and found this one: [SH] JJ as a part of FH
      Please use a hand converter (for free with our free tool Sidekick or with HM2/PT4!). Your thread got 57 views and probably many users said: aah, hard to read - why should I bother to comment.
      This will increase the likeliness to get a response (but I agree, no guarantee). Therefore we have our promo to award users that help to discuss with small incentives like status upgrades & other prizes.
      If you get a guaranteed answer at PSO - fair enough, your choice.
      Please also consider our other offer:
      - Bankroll challenge to help you to stay motivated & focused
      - Videos & Coachings, also for users with the basic status - every week & month!
      - various other forum and community promotions, discussion in blogs etc.
      I know that the value for a bronze user is much lower compared to a tracked user who earned the gold status and can watch the newest w34z3l and double2 videos, participate in BogdanPS hand discussion coachings for silver (where you can bring your own hands!). We want to reward users who give us an income with more stuff, I think you do understand that. Still: everyone has the chance to use a lot of things in our community and create nice discussions & go further in Poker.

Thx for your time,Sven!
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Thank You for coming by, Sven!

You are true about that hand - it could be unreadable for some.
      I like Pokerstrategy without doubt that is why it is still my number one site, I just wanted to share my concerns.
    • IPtkv
      IPtkv
      Bronze
      Subbed, GL on NL10 !
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Thank You, IPtkv, for joining in here.
      I wish success on Your poker journey, too!
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      For the last three times I am runnning, I listen to ACDC. Somehow this band gives me virtual strenght, so I run and smile, and feel very strong.
      This song is quite simple, but I like it very much, and it is about poker!