Played some plo last night here but don't think I will deposit again

• saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      We'll see what happens but man did I run bad with my first deposit. Decided to play some microstakes PLO instead of my usual high stake NL Holdem. Instead I played some PLO20 and PLO10.

Got my money in ahead on the turn many times but time and time again my opponent hit the river so instead of being up $250 I am down $80. Was only an experiment to test the ipoker network but I think I will stick to my games at stars. wouldn't want to risk playing high stakes here.

Also before anyone asks, yes I am also a decent PLO cash game player and I know it's a game of draws. However if you make your opponents make mistakes by calling when they don't have the pot odds or even the implied odds in most cases than you should win a few hands lol.

I have another 12.50 coming to me in 6 days and also I am waiting for 5 $1 SNG tickets and a ticket to the 20000 so we will see that happens. Maybe this time I will play some 2NL. If I can't beat that than I can't beat anything here.

Good luck at the tables,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Newfie
  • 6 replies
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Sorry could a mod please move this to the netbet poker thread? My bad.

Again Sorry
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by saltbeef
      Sorry could a mod please move this to the netbet poker thread? My bad.

Again Sorry
      No problem :f_wink:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Jefke112
      Jefke112
      Bronze
      Hi mate, in my opinion you probably just had bad luck. I play there too daily and you have lots of regular players that play 10 hours and more per day. They play there for their living and they get max rakeback. Some of them are hard to beat. Don't know if you just had bad luck or if you ran into the regs. Try to focus on getting good position on the fish. Don't know how your stats are...if you play the regs make sure you have the nuts or are drawing to it else your dead. Because you ran bad you probably went tilt and made some second nuts plays. Or you overplayed aaxx a few times. Analyse your hands to figure out what really went wrong. And river beats happen a lot in omaha even if your 80% favorite. I play most of the networks and if you lose a lot its mostly because of bad luck or bad play but don't blame the network.
    • Jefke112
      Jefke112
      Bronze
      Also there is going to be a change of rake and rakeback starting in February. Don't know if it will effect the field.
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Thanks. Was not aware you could get rakeback on the ipoker network. What skins?

Thanks Again
    • Jefke112
      Jefke112
      Bronze
      I sent you a friend request to send you the details...