7 Card Stud - Loose/passive high ante games

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      What is the proper adjustment to a game with extremely high ante and extremely loose/passive play? (Micros at Stars.)

I have read 7 Card Stud for advanced players by Zee, Sklansky & Malmuth. I trust (most of) their advice, but this is a type of game they don't cover. In the book, very high ante is associated with high stakes extremely aggressive third street play.

For instance, should you ever fold when you are the bring-in on third street to a full bet? Pot odds are monstrous.

Edit: Obviously, you should be looser, but how much? Play every shitty but totally live pair? Also, is there any point in raising a good HU hand, say :Ks: :Kc: :5h: , with two or more in and players behind to act?
  • 1 reply
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      if you are going to get to 5th cheaply very often i think its ok to limp in pretty much whenever you have live cards.

hard to answer the bring in question there are so many variables but to cut a long story short in single raised pots i think you should defend wide, anything that isnt total junk.