Putting pen to paper

• lulupops
      lulupops
      Bronze
      I now know thanks to books and this website and pretty much by process of elimination that I suck because I don't have a plan. A strategy based on everything I have learned. I may not know much but we all have to start somewhere I guess!

I am struggling to get started. Does anyone else out there have a written plan or a template of what they need to have in there plan? What would this plan for a plan look like.

For example would you have a 3 betting plan, 4 betting, preflop, post flop, a plan for each type of player, the stakes you play, the size of opens from different positions etc etc etc or do people just study and analyse hands so that they memorise them for when these scenarios show up again? To me it seems like a good idea to have a written plan that can be amended as you go along?

Any help would be mucho appreciated as I am tearing my hair out over how to put pen to paper:f_tongue:
  • 7 replies
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      All you need is imagination and reasonable knowledge. You wont have time to search for your papers when you will be playing :)
    • vasilis013
      vasilis013
      Basic
      You can use the pokerstrategy poker tool "equilab"
      Download it and as far asa i can see from your status you can watch this Link Text... it was basic when i first watched it.
      Save your ranges and then you can snapshot them from a computer programm.Then you can print them and you can have notes on them after your hand analysis
    • mortal1ty
      mortal1ty
      Bronze
      Yeah gameplan is crucial for any wining player.
      I would suggest you start with opening ranges from each position.
    • glenlivet83
      glenlivet83
      Silver
      :f_cry:
    • lulupops
      lulupops
      Bronze
      gAsheks - Don't think I have the imagination or knowledge which is why I need a written plan to start with :(

vasilis013 - I watched the first 2 vids and this seems perfect for me - thanks very much for suggesting. It pretty much gives you everything you need to structure a plan and I really like the equilab. I use it to evaluate my hands but I didn't realise you can save ranges which is a great reference tool whilst you are playing as my memory is shocking and I would need this to remind me what I should be playing from which position and action etc.

mortal1ty - agree :)

Any other ideas for vids to watch or books to read on this topic would be great

Thanks
    • mortal1ty
      mortal1ty
      Bronze
      try providing more information on what type/ format/limit games you are playing and i am sure community will give u tons of feedback
    • lulupops
      lulupops
      Bronze
      Hi mortal1ty

I play 6 max, bss, nl25

Any feedback/ideas would be great:f_thumbsup: