Bronze
      2$ is fine.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      2$ is fine.
      ty,
      how did you come up with that amount please?
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      2$ is not fine, he gets 1.3:3.6 odds and it's what he needs. Your value raise is even too low as it's very slight -EV for him to call with any club. 3$ or more would be better.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Just wanted to add that I put him on OP, but he prob had Ax since he folded.
      My bet was for protection too =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      2$ is fine.
      ty,
      If you raise 2,7$+ it is very difficult to call/shove him anything else than flush, set or two pair, maybe also A :club: x
      I doubt that players would often b/c here with weak flushdraw, but if they do, then you don´t have to fire potsize bet, since if flush card comes you can check behind or call less than potsize bet and fold river ui and flushcard only comes one in every 4th cases.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I see, but how did you calculate the amount of $2, I tend to think too much in these spots.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      2$ is fine.
      ty,
      If you raise 2,7$+ it is very difficult to call/shove him anything else than flush, set or two pair, maybe also A :club: x
      I doubt that players would often b/c here with weak flushdraw, but if they do, then you don´t have to fire potsize bet, since if flush card comes you can check behind or call less than potsize bet and fold river ui and flushcard only comes one in every 4th cases.
      You mean it's no problem to produce +EV for both opponent in this situation here? I always though about this concept, but protection articles say :"opp. should face -EV call for him and make mistakes", it's not always true, right? Like if you raise 2 bucks, he can call with a high club and it will be +EV for him but it's still profitable for you too.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Problem here is that he doesn´t always hold flushdraw.
      Ofcourse you should protect your hand, but that doesn´t mean that you should bet pot. He could imo easily do that with 88 or 99 which he would fold to strong raise.
      2$ is imo good, since comparing his all range which he lead out on that pot would keep hands that we´re way ahead, like overpair with no draw also draws and worse made hands.
      Since you´re ip then you don´t have to loose your stack when he calls and shoves on flush card (which will come on the turn 25%)
      I didn´t do any math to calculate 2$, it is near 3x his lead out and enough comparing to stack sizes and pot size that you can bet 3/4 pot for value and shove river.