longest downswing in terms of hands?

    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.03.2008 Posts: 447
      Hey, i was just wondering what your logest downswings in terms of hands have been?

      I'm a ring-game player and i take my ups with my downs, just the last 3week no matter waht i do i just carnt win. anything i do win i lose the next day and more! im not on tilt, im am still focuesed, im just starting to question if iv ever been a winning player.
  • 8 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.07.2008 Posts: 4,494
      40k hands biggest downswing
      and 72k break even poker including this downswing
      This is Short stack strategy

      Keep playing your best and the upswing will come :)

      Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 37
      I feel ur pain man,

      For the longest time i would have killer hands and the only way i could lose would be running cards. No matter how aggressive preflop, flop and turn, i would get a "fuckin" donkey (please excuse the french) that would chase with no goal in mind of what he is actually hoping to hit.

      This as u can imagine would frustrate the crap out of me (never let it affect my game, no tilting :) ) but couldnt understand why it always happens.

      I am pleased to say that over the past 3 weeks things have got a lot better but still that odd bad beat creeps in.

      If you are getting the bad beats at H NL try FL, for some reason i usually make my loses up there (a pshycological thing i guess). I also like to try other variations of poker like razz and those sort of games.

      Otherwise i wish u all the best and wish all those donks a lifetime of bad beats and making our pockets richer


      Cheers and gl,
      Byron
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.05.2008 Posts: 2,549
      it can last very very very long (350K+ hands) eventhough this didn't happen to me
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.03.2008 Posts: 447
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      40k hands biggest downswing
      and 72k break even poker including this downswing
      This is Short stack strategy

      Keep playing your best and the upswing will come :)

      Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
      how many BB in your shortstack stratagey? i play a 50BB buy-in stratagey.

      with that 40K downswing did you ever get back to even? or was it a solid
      40k hand downswing with a few false dawns?

      im doing what i can to stay focused, when it started i had 5 buy-ins at my new limit, then i had to drop back to my origional limit, and am down to the limit below this at presant. hards times but im doing what i can to stay objectivley focused.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.03.2008 Posts: 447
      Originally posted by ByronVW
      I feel ur pain man,

      For the longest time i would have killer hands and the only way i could lose would be running cards. No matter how aggressive preflop, flop and turn, i would get a "fuckin" donkey (please excuse the french) that would chase with no goal in mind of what he is actually hoping to hit.

      This as u can imagine would frustrate the crap out of me (never let it affect my game, no tilting :) ) but couldnt understand why it always happens.

      I am pleased to say that over the past 3 weeks things have got a lot better but still that odd bad beat creeps in.

      If you are getting the bad beats at H NL try FL, for some reason i usually make my loses up there (a pshycological thing i guess). I also like to try other variations of poker like razz and those sort of games.

      Otherwise i wish u all the best and wish all those donks a lifetime of bad beats and making our pockets richer


      Cheers and gl,
      Byron
      Thanks man,
      i played a few S&G single table ohoma games to take my mind of hold'em, come back to hold'em now, im still as focused as ever just, runner runner
      pockets v low pockets with the lower pockets making sets A-4os beating KK on the river etc still happening at a frequent rate though...atleast i have note on the players though so when things decide they want to get better i'll have some very profitable infomation on them.

      thanks for the kind words
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Joined: 23.12.2007 Posts: 1,280
      20k downswing and 60k breakeven.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.07.2008 Posts: 4,494
      20BB buy in as every one else around here.
      The best SSS players are from PS.com you know.

      :)

      I get back to even for 4 days and 3 days later I lost 70% of my BR
      Now I'm all most done going back.

      It was brutal month.
      Runner runner royal flush over my quads
      set over set every day.
      from 110 coin flips preflop all in I won 13 or something

      But this is part of the game. So get use to it :evil:
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.03.2008 Posts: 447
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      20BB buy in as every one else around here.
      The best SSS players are from PS.com you know.

      :)

      I get back to even for 4 days and 3 days later I lost 70% of my BR
      Now I'm all most done going back.

      It was brutal month.
      Runner runner royal flush over my quads
      set over set every day.
      from 110 coin flips preflop all in I won 13 or something

      But this is part of the game. So get use to it :evil:
      thats pritty sick,
      i'm not quite running that bad, but good to know you found light at the
      end of the tunnle.
      i got used to it along time ago my ulimate description of poker is:

      "it's like been smacked in the jaw, upper cutted in the nose, kicked in the nuts, falling down...then having to get up again" i dont know how i first came up with this phrase but its stuck.