SB range

• faktor1
      faktor1
      Bronze
      Hi!

I think im loosing too much from the SB and dont know why so can you tell me whats your limp, raise and 3bet range vs unknown?:f_eek:
  • 12 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      The question is too vague. How much do you lose? You are supposed to lose in the small blind. That number needs to be compared to other positions as well.

Then are asking for a large number of ranges. Pick a specific example (e.g. 3.bet vs button open), and I'll be specific.

Then there are the PS charts. Everybody says they are waaay too tight (mostly because you have a longer and thicker penis the wider you open and 3-bet). Those ranges in the chart aren't that tight at all from the blinds (but are definitely too tight from late position). The thing with blinds play is that if you have leaks on the later streets, it pays off to play much tighter than if you have a postflop edge over your opponent. You are out of position.
    • faktor1
      faktor1
      Bronze
      SB-11BB
      BB-20BB (working on :f_biggrin: )

Well, actually i dont have a problem with the 3bet from the SB. Its just those limping players..

Whats yours limp and iso range vs 1 and 2 limpers?

And whats yours stats from BB and SB?
    • kevsaf
      kevsaf
      Bronze
      FYI,
      Losing -15bb/100 from SB and -30bb/100 from BB is consider ok.

11 and 20 is good, don't worry
    • faktor1
      faktor1
      Bronze
      11 BIG BETS 20 BIG BETS
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      it's not that bad, on a high-rake limit and with a tiny bit of bad luck, losing 11-12BB/100 is normal
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Over 100k hands:

SB: -5.66 BB/100
      BB: -15.48 BB/100

:f_cool:

But that is at 5c/Tc I must admitX( Life is easy down here.

B t w redskwerl, I was in line for Cepheus and saw that you (or a fake squirrel) was playing. Beat it?

As for handling limpers in the small blind: There are two standard spots, one or two limpers. If there are more, it's a no-brainer - you play, because of pot odds. For both one and two limpers, there are two issues. The first is whether to play. Since the odds are so good, there is a large number of hands that you can either play or folds with small variations in EV. To be honest, I don't have fixed ranges for these situations, I tend to take the decisions as they come, and I play pretty exploitatively. I consider
      • The limper
      • The big blind
      • The actual odds

The last bullet can be important. If you play in a structure where the sb to bb ratio is 2/5, then you don't get 5:1 with one limper, you get 4:1. This calls for tighter play. I throw away K6o, T6o 92s and trash like that with ease. Throw in the rake (and poor position) as well, and the deal isn't as sweet as many imagine. With two limpers you get less than 6:1 (and not 7:1), but now one must fold much less. Needless to say, when the structure is the reverse (say 2/3 sb to bb ratio), you need to be loosy goosy.

If the BB is a fish, I never raise hands that are hard to play postflop (even if they are probably best preflop), like A6o. It's a different thing if the button is open-raising, then I'd 3-bet A6o. So I need playability or solid value to raise, otherwise I just call. Many fish limping in are actually quite tight. Stats of 32/4 aren't unheard of. A tight limper is also an incentive to play a small pot, i.e. limp along. If you look at things prom the perspective of the big blind, things get worse for raising. The big blind will get 5:1 effectively (the limper will also call and regardless of structure) to call, and he will be in a better spot than you were to begin with if you raise one limper from the small blind.

Sorry I wasn't able to produce specific ranges, but since I don't have any, well, ...
    • faktor1
      faktor1
      Bronze
      :f_drink:
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      B t w redskwerl, I was in line for Cepheus and saw that you (or a fake squirrel) was playing. Beat it?
      Yes, that was me. I'm playing a longer match against Cepheus, I'll make a post about it in the other thread.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      As usual I get confused when this stat is discussed. What are the units of measurement, big bets or big blinds (should be the former)? What are the numbers if you simply fold? If my initial guess is correct, then they should be -25BB/100 (small blind) and -50BB/100 (big blind). There is something fishy here. This has been explained to me in an old thread, but I am too stupid to remember the details (or the name of the thread).
      Bronze
      BB/100 as in BigBets
    • ASTAKOS
      ASTAKOS
      Bronze
      thats right!
    • djchals
      djchals
      Silver
      Do not worry too much about it. If you fold all SB and all BB, you would be losing -50bb in SB and -100bb in BB, everything is above it are winnings