Question for players. What would you do?

• saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Ok so we will see if free speech is our right or it is not our right and they will delete this post. If you don't here from me again, they have banned me for trying to let you guys know that I was lured under false pretense to make a deposit and I am now asking for my money back. Lets see if they will do the right thing or ignore the right thing and do whatever they please?

It's only $50 but it's not about the money. It's about standing up and doing the right thing. Look at my posts from January 25th which were copied directly from their website and my posts later on where they changed the part about the free ticket for the 20000 Euro tournament.

saltbeef,
      23.01.15 17:20: Hi guys I signed up for your free 50 offer with netbet closing in on 72 hours ago. You guys said it usually takes up to 48 hours with some sites taking a little longer.

This being Friday I was wondering if you guys could give me an ETA on when the last 40 of the money would go into my account. Already got the 10.

Anything usually happen on the weekend or do you think it will be next week some time now?

Thanks,
      Robert
      Khrano,
      24.01.15 06:09: Dear saltbeef,

Thank you for contacting us.

We will initially transfer $10 to a new player's account. You can receive additional $45 if you choose to make a deposit to your account and refer a new friend to PokerStrategy.com. You can find all relevant information about the next steps here:

NetBet Poker: Premium Upgrade

Please don't hesitate to contact us again, if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
      Khrano

saltbeef,
      24.01.15 18:19: Ok guys this is getting out of hand. At first I sign up for your free money offer and was led to believe I would receive free 50. (10 at first and than the other 50 in 48 hours). It didn't happen.

Ok so Khrano said that I misunderstood and that I only get the other 40 from you guys if I make a deposit and gave me the link for the NetBet Poker: Premium Upgrade. I followed the instructions exactly and deposited $50 Canadian the equivalent of 35.78 Euro's using the code FREE20 as outlined in the NetBet Poker: Premium Upgrade page. Still I am only credited with $14.31 Canadian which is the Equivalent of 10 Euros.

Also under my account it only shows 3 bonus amounts.
      2 Euro's with 100 netpoints required for completion
      100 Euro's with 10000 netpoints required for completion
      and 8 Euro's with 540 netpoints required for completion

That's it. No bonus 45. No ticket to 20000 freerooll or any of the other bonuses mentioned in the Netbet Poker: Premium Upgrade?

To top everything off earlier today I made a referral using the code you guys gave me to maximize my bonus as outlined. I led the guy through the whole process. Username is sthorne and everything went through perfectly and you are his affiliate. However nothing there for me either. No SNG tickets, bonus ect?

I am really starting to feel taken advantage of and before anyone asks, yes I am sure I used the correct promotional code for the NetBet Poker: Premium Upgrade. FREE20. I checked 3 times before I hit deposit.

So are you guys going to stand behind your deal or do I just withdraw my $50 again? I am not going to play a single hand until you guys fulfill your part of the bargain.

Thanking You In Advance,
      Robert
      Krupsinator,
      25.01.15 06:42: Dear Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

Sometimes the offer is being split a bit after the deposit because of technical reasons on the side of NetBet Poker. You already received €10. Another €10 is credited exactly one week after your deposit. The rest of the amount is $10 which should be credited within 48 hours after the deposit depending on the technical resources at NetBet Poker.

If these $10 are not credited within 48 hours after the deposit, please contact the support of NetBet Poker as they are the ones crediting the money:

support@netbet.com

The bonus you found in your account is the first deposit bonus that is cleared while you play.

Regarding the SNG-tickets: These tickets are credited within 48 hours after your friend has received his free poker money. I can however not see that you referred any friend. It may be possible that we can change the referrer to you if your friend contacts us from his account.

Thank you for your patience and your understanding.

Kind regards,
      Krupsinator

saltbeef,
      25.01.15 13:42: So all of this is just lies?

Your first deposit on NetBet Poker will give you:
      $35 free cash on top if you enter FREE20 as the Promotional Code during the deposit
      €20-€1,500 bonus cash
      Access to all games and buy-in levels
      A ticket to a weekly €20,000 freeroll
      Five tickets to various freerolls
      Instant SilverSilver status at PokerStrategy.com

If you invite a friend to PokerStrategy.com, you'll also get
      5x free SNG tickets of €1 each
      Up to $500 for each referred friend

This is directly from your Netbet Poker: Premium Upgrade page. So just let me know if I will not be receiving any of this and I will cash out without playing.

Also there is no way my brother messed up my referral. I sent him the referral code you guys game me with my username in it and than went to his house and led him through the process.

So are all of the above just lies or you guys going to step up because from what I can see so far the only bonus I am getting is the same bonus anyone who makes a first deposit at Netbet would get and pokerstrategy doesn't make a bit of difference. You don't even have to be a member and you would get the exact same bonus from NetBet.
      saltbeef,
      25.01.15 15:07: Ok guys this is your full webpage for the Netbet Poker: Premium Upgrade and I followed everything exactly.

Notice how it says you wil receive your first 22.50 directly after deposit and the other 12.50 in 7 days. I only received 10 directly after my deposit. Please read through your own page posted below as I insist on dealing with affiliates of high integrity. If you guys are not going to hold up your end of the bargain than I am sorry I will have to withdraw my money and use someone else for training and affiliate purposes. I even got my brother to sign up through my link as outlined. Again I say I am only getting what all first time depositers or reloaders get.

You received your first $10 in free poker money at NetBet Poker - unlock more free money by making a deposit, or simply inviting a friend to claim our free money offer. Of course, you can do both and maximise your bankroll.

1) Invite a friend to PokerStrategy.com

Special NetBet offer: Invite a friend to join you at the tables through our free money offers and you'll get 5 sit and go tickets €1 each on top of the free money.
      Forward this link to your friend:

2) Make a deposit and get $35 cash

Quickly get another $35 free money and a bonus of up to €1,500 by making a deposit on top of your free money

Deposit
      at least €20
      Get $35 cash + tickets
      And get a bonus of up to €1,500
      How to get the extra cash and the bonus

Deposit at least €20 into your NetBet Poker account:
      1.Log in to the NetBet Poker software.
      2.Click the button.
      3.A window will open where you can select your preferred method of payment.
      4.Be sure to enter "FREE20" where it says "Promotional Code" and finish your deposit.

The first free $22.50 will be credited to your account directly, the remaining free $12.50 will be released 7 days after your deposit. The bonus money will appear in the bonus overview under "My Account" and you can start playing to release it straight away.
      FAQ

What is a bonus?
      The size of the additional bonus depends on the size of your deposit. At NetBet Poker, you'll get a 200% bonus - this means that for every €1 of your first deposit, you'll receive a €2 bonus.

First, the money is credited to your bonus account. Then, in order to transfer it from there into your NetBet Poker main account, you have to play a certain amount of poker hands. While playing poker at real money tables you collect NetBet Points and for the first 100 NetBet Points you earn, you will get €2 of the bonus transferred into your main account. The next €8 bonus cash will be released in chunks of €2 for 135 NetBet Points each. The remaining €1,490 bonus cash will be released in chunks of €2 for every 200 NetBet Points you collect.

Are the $35 free cash and the bonus money really free?
      Yes.

What else do I get for my deposit?

$35 free cash on top if you enter FREE20 as the Promotional Code during the deposit
      €20-€1,500 bonus cash
      A ticket to a weekly €20,000 freeroll

If you invite a friend to PokerStrategy.com, you'll also get
      5x free SNG tickets of €1 each
      Up to $500 for each referred friend

Again I am only asking you guys to keep your word please?

Thanks In Advance,
      Robert
      Khrano,
      26.01.15 03:59: Dear saltbeef,

Please note, it may take up to 48 hours until you receive the $22.50 entirely. The money consist of two parts of $10 and $12.50 and partly it needs to by transferred manually by NetBet Poker. As explained by my colleague before, if you had used the bonus code FREE20 and haven't receive the complete first installment of the additional money, we'd recommend you to get in touch with their Customer Support first. They should be able to assist you in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
      Khrano

saltbeef,
      27.01.15 14:52: Ok guys so who do I see about my 20000 Sunday ticket? You guys or Customer Support. You say them and they are saying you?

Also could you please check to make sure that sthorne is being tracked by poker strategy so I can get my 5 sng tickets and bonus?

Please Help,

Robert
      Krupsinator,
      28.01.15 08:38: Dear Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the freeroll tickets: I have forwarded this internally so that my responsible colleagues can take a look.

Regarding your friend: If your friend contacts us from his account we can see if a change of the referrer is possible. It is not possible for us to process this request if you request it.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
      Krupsinator

saltbeef,
      28.01.15 09:13: Thanks for helping me out with the tickets.

OK I know what happened now with my friend. In the promotional code box when he signed up he put PS40 but in the referrer box he put my username Rob709. Does this mean that I am his affililiate and will get a percentage of his rake?

Thanks again,
      Robert
      TinoLaan,
      28.01.15 13:51: Dear Robert,

It does not look like your friend was referred correctly, unfortunately. As mentioned by my colleague, please ask your friend to send us a ticket. We will then hopefully be able to sort this out for the both of you, but we do need your friend to contact us for this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
      TinoLaan

saltbeef,
      30.01.15 09:26: It's Friday and going into the weekend I was wondering if there were any updates on my ticket for the sunday 20000 tournament or they may have it changed to a Saturday 25000 tournament. Either way I was just wondering if I would get the ticket before the tournament started?

Thanks for your help guys. It's greatly appreciated.

Robert
      TinoLaan,
      30.01.15 11:58: Dear Robert,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately it seems you would not be eligible to participate in this freeroll if you did not use the required opt-in code before making your deposit. So if you did not do this, then sadly it will not be possible to play.

My apologies for any disappointment caused by this. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
      TinoLaan

saltbeef,
      30.01.15 14:55: I did use the right opt in code. FREE20 should of upgraged me to the NetBet Poker: Premium Package and everything that comes with it. It is all listed above if you read. The only 2 things I am waiting for are my last 12.50 which I know takes 7 days and my 20000 tournament ticket.

Should of had it last weekend but didn't. Was hoping to get it for this weekend but now that looks like it is not going to happen either?

Please Help,

Robert
      Khrano,
      31.01.15 04:09: Dear saltbeef,

As stated by my colleague before, it would have been necessary to use the opt-in code before making a deposit to your account.

We are deeply sorry for this issue, but it is technically not possible to make your account eligible for the freeroll, if the code hasn't been entered before depositing. It would of course be in our interest, if we could arrange this in cooperation with NetBet Poker, but it sadly not possible. Thus, we can only ask for your understanding in this matter.

We will of course make sure that the information will soon be included in our website to avoid further problems for other players.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to contact us again, if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
      Khrano

saltbeef,
      31.01.15 13:32: I DID USE THE CODE FREE20 BEFORE MY DEPOSIT!!!!! IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

OK you guys this is getting out of hand. This is directly from your own website!!!

What else do I get for my deposit?

€20-€1,500 bonus cash
      A ticket to a weekly €20,000 freeroll. Please check the NetBet.com website for promotional conditions prior to making your deposit.

I have received everything except my ticket for the 20000 freeroll.
      Ok so the points to remember are that:
      1) I did use the code FREE20 before I made my deposit
      2) I am entitled to a 20000 ticket as per our agreement and your website outlined above
      3) Everything will than be complete
      4) Please don't come back with another silly answer before reading. Everything you need to know is outlined above.
      Krupsinator,
      01.02.15 10:06: Dear saltbeef,

For the freerolls there is unfortunately a different opt-in code necessary that is clarified on the NetBet Poker website before the freerolls. We have amended this on our website to reflect this condition better.

So you are unfortunately not eligible for the freeroll if you did not enter the opt-in code that was necessary before making the deposit with the code FREE20 and there is nothing we can do about it. Apologies for the inconveniences.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
      Krupsinator

saltbeef,
      01.02.15 14:25: Well the way I see it is a ticket to a 20000 Euro tournament is worth at least 20 Euro's if not more, and is one of the biggest parts of the deal and the reason I deposited.

Therefore, your website lured me to make a deposit there with lies and your company now owe me my deposit amount of $50 CAD.

I am making a copy of this ticket and if my money is not refunded withen 7 business days I will send the whole thing to the proper authorites as well as my email list. I hope you guys understand the wrong you have done and act accordingly. I will give you my paypal account when you are ready.

If you look at my Juanuary 25th posts above you will see where I copied and pasted directly from your website before you changed it.

Thanks,
      Robert
  • 18 replies
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Here is the response from this morning. Nothing I didn't expect here.

Krupsinator,
      02.02.15 06:46: Dear Robert,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We will not refund any amount you deposited to a poker room.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
      Krupsinator

saltbeef,
      02.02.15 07:32: Ok well than just give me the ticket as advertised by your website to get me to make the deposit under false pretense?

Thank you for your understanding,

Kind Regards,
      Robert
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Moved to NetBet board
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Wow that was a long post!

I had a semi similar issue with Gala Poker a few years back and I eventually won. It took a lot of persistence mind you. The thing is alot of this comes down to NetBet support and not PokerStrategy so you are better off directly dealing with them. Unfortunately, iPoker support are not well reknowned for being helpful but I know the PS Customer support guys are excellent and will do everything in their power to help you.

Good luck!
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      While I agree with you that it may of been NetBet that offered the 20000 ticket I beg to differ on who is to blame.

You see the only reason I deposited with Netbet at all was because of the advertised bonuses by pokerstrategy.com. One of the advertised bonuses and probably the biggest one was a ticket into a 20000 Euro tournament. If that ticket was not part of the deal, I would most likely not of deposited.

However it was part of the deal, I deposited and now they say no ticket which to my estimates would range anywhere from 20 - 30 Euro's in value.

Since pokerstrategy.com guided me to make a deposit under false advertising and they won't pay my way into the tournament, than I feel it only right of them to do the right thing and refund my money. Heck they probably made close to that much in rake off of me.

Anyone agree?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's so hard to read your post but from what I can see you didn't use the correct opt-in code? By all means take action if you think it is necessary and if it will get you something but I'd rather take my chances pissing against the wind. It's unfortunate but move on.
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      Well i already tried to point out to PS staff that the freeroll ticket doesnt work like that now, and that the netbet promo advertisement should be edited.

On the other hand, it still worths to opt for that freeroll for the proper code, PS still gave you money for nothing, i really cant understand how can you be pissed at ppl who dont owe you anything? You can cash your money out and forfeit the bonus, anytime you feel like.

But now something really annyoing, last weeks 25k free, i 5x up early, i have a good chance to bubble bully and go and stay even deeper, and guess what, server crashes...... and i get "refunded" the ticket, and i just coinflip out before mincash next week......
    • rompas
      rompas
      contact netbet support about the free 20,, about the token to the 25000 tourney, bad luck i guess,,, also i can understand as a new player it can be really confusing sometimes, and i myself really dont like the optin options some sites using and some not,

@HnRoger, the tourney that crashed i thought people got paid according to the stacks they had atm the tourney got interrupted, at which site did you play?
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rompas
      contact netbet support about the free 20,, about the token to the 25000 tourney, bad luck i guess,,, also i can understand as a new player it can be really confusing sometimes, and i myself really dont like the optin options some sites using and some not,

@HnRoger, the tourney that crashed i thought people got paid according to the stacks they had atm the tourney got interrupted, at which site did you play?

Ow fcuuuk, are you sure about that? netbet just refunded my ticket....did they rip me off? Cos thats an ipoker global tourney, so the network should have sent my part to netbet..... ocmon
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Well I just don't like being lied to and misled. If they would admit guilt and give me their reason why I was conned into depositing by false information I would be fine. However they won't even admit guilt. As you can see by my January 25th post it shows the ticket as part of the deposit package?

Here is the latest.

TinoLaan,
      02.02.15 15:41: Dear saltbeef,

As mentioned by my colleague, we will not refund any money you have deposited. It will also not be possible to play the freeroll without having used the opt-in code, so we also cannot give you the ticket.

We will not discuss this issue any further. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
      TinoLaan

saltbeef,
      02.02.15 18:04: Ok I give up. I would like to know one thing however? Why did your website mislead me?

Thanks,

Robert
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      saltbeef,
      03.02.15 08:30: Ok guys. Look I don't want any money back and I don't even want a ticket anymore.

All I want is for you guys to admit fault and that you made a mistake. Than I will feel as though you have done as much as you can do.

Sincerely,
      Robert
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Please don't close this thread. The above is my last and final post in my ticket to support. You have my word I will not post again.

I just want to see if they admit fault and that they made a mistake? Either way I will update you guys on the outcome and consider the matter closed.

Thanks In Advance,

Robert
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yo,

Having worked with company and with many of the guys who have been dealing with your tickets I want to offer you some insight.

First of all, none of the customer support team (as far as I am aware) work at the HQ in Gibraltar. You are dealing with guys who are freelancing for PokerStrategy from all corners of the globe. Blaming them or asking them for a refund, or a ticket or an apology is a pure waste of your time and theirs. What does it achieve? Nothing! What will it prove? Nothing!

As I've said above, if you feel like you have been wronged and that you have a case just talk to the relevant authorities. You seem like a knowledgeable guy - put it to good use instead of pointless time wasting to feed your ego.

From reading your tickets here I think the staff deserve praise for the way they have dealt with you and your queries.
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Sorry for wasting your time, and come to think of it, you are right. They are working from all over the globe.

It has nothing to do with my ego however, as I feel I really do deserve and honest apology. Again you are right, and it shouldn't come from the support team as there is nothing they can do.

I am not as bright as you might think, as I have no idea who the proper authorities for something like this would be?

So instead of coming in here with all of your negativity, and trying to make me out to be the bad guy, would you consider doing something positive? If you have worked in the industry and know who the proper authorities are, would you mind telling me? That would be a great help, not only to me but all online poker players, and also a very positive thing to do?

Thanks In Advance,
      Robert
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by saltbeef
      I am not as bright as you might think, as I have no idea who the proper authorities for something like this would be?

So instead of coming in here with all of your negativity, and trying to make me out to be the bad guy, would you consider doing something positive? If you have worked in the industry and know who the proper authorities are, would you mind telling me? That would be a great help, not only to me but all online poker players, and also a very positive thing to do?

Thanks In Advance,
      Robert
      I don't know where to start myself to be honest with you. It probably depends on where you are from. I would seek gaming regulators in your country first and they maybe able to assist you.

I'm sorry if I came across as negative. That certainly was not my intention.
    • rompas
      rompas
      @Roger, i assumed people got paid since my girlfriend that played at netbet got a 9 euro payout for that crashed tourney,, but maybe she got lucky:f_rolleyes:
    • saltbeef
      saltbeef
      Bronze
      Well these are the last two posts in my ticket to support.

As outlined below I hold no grudge with the support team or the moderators aside from wishing I was made aware they had no power to help sooner. The moderators and support team do an awesome job of maintaining this website and I only hope they are well compensated for it.

However I refuse to open another account anywhere else with this company and I will no longer play at netbet as I refuse to let this company make any more money off of the rake I generate.

That being said, I wish all good luck and prosperity in the future and consider this matter closed.

Krupsinator,
      03.02.15 15:30: Dear Robert,

The information on our website was not purposely misleading but inaccurate because the necessity of an opt-in code that is published on the NetBet website was not reflected. This has been amended with the necessity of an opt-in code being mentioned now.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Kind regards,
      Krupsinator

saltbeef,
      04.02.15 10:58: As was pointed out to me by an ex employee of this company. The moderators and support team have no power to do anything about our current situation. Oh well. My loss. I just wish I was told this a week ago. It would of saved a lot of wasted time on both sides of this ticket.

The support team and moderators here have done a great job and I thank you and the moderators for being an integral part of the website that you are. You guys are taking care of a great website and it seems you have a great team.

The Company however is a different story. It's like walmart making a price error and than refusing to honor that error. There is a reason walmart is so big. It's because they put the customer first and promptly admit any mistake that they make. Any company that has business practices the way that this one does will receive no more money from me. I don't need the free money offers and I refuse to let this company make any more money from rake generated by me.

Again I stress that this has nothing to do with the moderators or the customer support of the website as they do an awesome job.

Apology Accepted,

Robert
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Glad everything is solved and moving on. You are under no obligation to use PokerStrategy as an affiliate so I guess that is a win for you :)

All the best
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      I even made a post for them with links, to edit the old netbet advertisement, i knew this will keep happening.

On the other hand i was also wrong, i was credited for my crashed freeroll. Apparently when you are drunk as heck on a lazy sunday, you cant notice that your account balance increases with like 25 euro at next login, i remember i was like "hmmm this is more than i had, i guess i did better than i remember".

Considering they even credited my ticket back, i have only good things to say about netbet support from now on :D