FL Hold’em Livestreams

• CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Hey guys.

As most of you have probably already noticed, Twitch and poker livestreaming in general has become quite popular lately. I think that’s the perfect opportunity to show our beloved Fixed Limit game to people of the interwebs :)

I did few livestreams already and it was lots of fun and I want to do them more in the next weeks/months. So if anyone is interested about streaming or if you guys are already doing it, fell free to post your Twitch links, questions and whatnot in this thread and let's start supporting each other. I know Avataren has a Twitch account, but not sure if he's in for streaming poker? :)

Anyway... Let’s make some FL Hold’em Hype! ;) #MinRaiseMafia :f_drink:

CoreySteel: http://www.twitch.tv/coreysteel111
      Avataren: http://www.twitch.tv/n1ghtah
  • 109 replies
      Bronze
      twitch.tv/n1ghtah here will probably do some aswell :P will probably do some 4 - 6 table 5/Tc FL 6max. Will be pretty simple ill try to get a mic that doesn't blow your ears off.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Noice! :)
    • Garvante
      Garvante
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for streaming. It's very rare to find an opportunity to watch high level live play these days.

I've started watching your Vods on Youtube, do you have a regular schedule for streaming live?

Anyway, I hope you can grow your viewership despite an unfortunate lack of interest in FLHE.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Garvante
      Thanks a lot for streaming. It's very rare to find an opportunity to watch high level live play these days.
      You are probably talking with Avataren here, but I'll answer too... Just in case.
      :f_p: :f_p: :f_p:

Originally posted by Garvante
      I've started watching your Vods on Youtube, do you have a regular schedule for streaming live?

Anyway, I hope you can grow your viewership despite an unfortunate lack of interest in FLHE.
      I was just asked this in my blog and unfortunately, I do not have a fixed schedule just yet. Currently my plan is to stream three times per week, but I kinda decide on daily basis if I have time to do one or not.

I mean, I could post a notification in this thread 24 hours before the stream, but I kinda feel this might be a bit spammy? I don't know, maybe Mods/Admins could give me a green light here? :)

So far I think response is quite good. Viewers who are watching the stream even sit down with me, even though they have never played Limit before. But all-in-all I don't expect any huge following. There are lots of interesting people on Twitch already, so it's hard to "compete" with them. But I'll try my best.
      If I somehow hit 1000 followers, I'll do a special "Let's drunk Spin&Goes" livestream, same as I did in December and it was quite a lot of fun :D

So... this is my schedule for now:
      Today after sever restart :) Around 13:30 CET (7:30 ET)
      Sunday, February 15 - 15:00 CET (9:00am ET)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello there Mr CoreySteel sir,

Your streaming idea has been given the green light from the bosspeople, therefore, Thunderbirds are go as they say.

Best regards and have fun!

Mal.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:
      Bronze
      i love you too Corey. <3 :D
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Which stakes do you play during the livestream session ?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'm doing a bankroll challenge, so (unfortunately) playing only microstakes.
      You can read more about the challenge in my opening post here.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Like I promised, here's a reminder for my next two livestreams:
      Sunday, February 15 - 15:00 CET (09:00 ET)
      Monday, February 16 - 12:00 CET (06:00 ET)

See ya tomorrow! :)
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Fun to play with you (with position;) ). Not the easiest 5c/Tc table with aggro-Avataren there too. I screwed up badly only once or twice I think. But the poker gods reward such play and always let me river something:f_cool:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      It was a pretty fun session, yeah. I think we created the hardest table ever on 5c/10c :D
      Not sure when the next livestream will be... Probably on Wednesday or Thursday. Will let you know 24h before :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Another stream tomorrow. Experimenting with starting times, so tomorrow I'll stream from 5pm CET.

• Wednesday, February 18 - 17:00 CET (11am ET)
      • Saturday, February 21 - TBD
      • Monday, February 23 - 12:00 CET (6am ET)
    • vincenttafolla979
      vincenttafolla979
      Basic
      Thanks for the post. I didn't know about this information of live streaming.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Here's my plan for the next three streams. Decided that I'll start at 13:30 CET tomorrow.

• Saturday, February 21 - 13:30 CET (7:30am ET)
      • Monday, February 23 - 12:00 CET (6am ET)
      • Thursday, February 23 - 17:30 CET (11:30am ET)

And here's a little gif from previous session :D
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Lol what was that a river kill ?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Hands starts at 36:10 upper left. The whole table was epic because of Kostikov :)

• kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Lol I actually like the way he played it, because if he has slowplayed hands in his range you may find a fold with a small pocket yet call 98, and the board can pair so a 5 or a K is also an out for him even if you dont fold small pockets, a perfect spot for a free showdown raise, maybe he should have bet the river as well to avoid splitting the pot, but I suppose he thought you wouldn't fold anything after you had called.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Sure, this would be fine, if this was a TAG/LAG player and not just some maniac who is randomly pushing the buttons (mostly the bet/raise one, tho). I mean, do you really think this is his thought process when making this play? :) I'm sure he'll do the same move in 10 other situations and fortunately for him, it somehow made sense in this particular hand, but not in 9 others.

The whole point is moot anyway, because he didn't bet the river, imo.
      BTW, we are talking about a guy who capped 78o preflop, capped gutshot on the flop and turn and called down missed river :D