No life grind

• Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Hi!
      My name is Viktor, I'm 22 years old and live in Sweden.
      I've played poker for 5 years now and don't feel like I've achieved anything. I've been "happy" grinding the micros and withdrawing ~1000 bucks every month to get around (still live at home so don't have much expenses).
      Not necessarily because I suck at poker (although it's pretty much open for discussion), but because I've never dedicated enough time to actually get anywhere without withdrawing most of the money.
      But now I've had enough of living off the bare minimum and never having any money for the extra things in life.
      I want to prove to family and friends, but most importantly myself, that I'm not that big of a failure by taking things a bit more seriously.
      This blog (as most blogs) is mainly to keep track of myself and to gain motivation.

I'm not going to start studying again until the middle of March so I've decided to have a "No life" month, which means exactly what it sounds like: Play poker all day, every day.
      The only thing I wish to accomplish is to just make it to the end of the month which, for me, is alot harder than it sounds like because of my tilting habits.
      I've got 200$ in my pocket, which will keep my cancer stick addiction at ease for the month. My fantastic mother understood (altough not that willingly) that I won't be able to pay rent this month since a withdrawal can be a bigger set-back than just the loss of bankroll (spending habits that leads to laziness).

My bankroll started at 70$ with which I intend to achieve great things playing STTs! ;) (I have a backup consisting of 4000 FPP if I would go broke)
      So without further ado, I give you todays graph:

Because of a 10$ stellar reward, the roll is now at 46,88$.

Oh, and I will probably update every day.
      Until next time :)
  • 11 replies
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Hello there!
      Got in some SNGs tonight, and fortunately for me I wasn't as unlucky as I was yesterday.
      I also played 18 235 FPP sats to SS which gave me 55$ which is a nice boost that will help me climb the stakes a bit faster.

The graph for today (sats not included) after 9½ hours grind:

Which leaves the bankroll at 148,73$, so tomorrow I'm going to start adding some 3,50$'s. :f_love:
      Now I've got to get some sleep, have 10 hours of grind to look forward to tomorrow :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Good man!
      Hope you will keep up with fanatic drive and will power to achieve your goals.
      Best of luck, will be following.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Always love to see another STT player - Good luck with the $3.50's!
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Well hello there. Haven't really had time to play or write since I decided to have a MTT day wednesday because I've been sitting my sisters dog, been to the doctor and not been feeling too well. MTTs didn't go well at all. Back to Hypers now for a while until my roll can take the swings in MTTs/MTSNGs.
      Roll at 36,55$. Will hopefully get in some good volume today.
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Had to make a deposit of 25$ since the roll went down to 15$ which makes it pretty hard to play 18 tables :f_p:
      I'll take a mid-day break for a few hours and will continue later tonight.
      45 buy-ins below EV this month at the 1,50$ hypers :f_drink: Aiming for at least 100:f_cool:

Later
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Woohoooo
      45 buy-ins below EV this month at the 1,50$ hypers :f_drink: Aiming for at least 100:f_cool:
      Aiming for at least a 100 buy-ins below EV? :coolface:

Hope you feel better soon and start crushing!
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Achievement of 100 BI below EV - FAILED!
      Got in about 7 hours of play today. Started running like a god after being BE for a few hours.
      Pretty happy with today, even though I didn't get in as much volume as I wanted. The reason for this is that I only slept 6 hours tonight, so I'm out of focus and couldn't really play my A-game during the last session, so I ended it early.

Found a leak today :f_biggrin: . I'm pretty bad with calling ranges pre-bubble (5-7 people, 30/60 - 50/100). Right now I'm calling a bit tighter if I have 2x starting stack even if I know the person who pushed is willing to -EV push in that spot. Only because I don't want to throw away half my stack just to get 3x starting stack since it's not much difference between 2x and 3x stacks once the bubble play begins (at <7$ BI that I know of). I think I'm calling a bit too tight though.
      I think I'm also calling a bit too tight with a shortstack with the blinds approaching..
      Gonna have to look at some video tomorrow to refresh my memory. :)

Graph for today:

Which leaves the bankroll at 151,62$.
      Tomorrow I'm going to try and clear my 47,50$ bonus (233 VPP left). With that and a stellar reward I'll hopefully be able to start grinding the 3,50$'s on thursday, but we'll see :)

Until next time! :f_drink:

EDIT: Just played 2 235 FPP sats. Won the first one and was down to 10 chips in the second one before doubling a "few" times until I sat with 1000 chips and won. So that's another 22$ to the roll :f_cool:
    • rolas78
      rolas78
      Bronze
      Good Luck . Gonna follow for sure
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Thank you for all the good wishes! Hopefully I'll be able to keep you readers enough interested to come back :)
      Today was a pretty disappointing day volume-wise. Went to a friends house for a couple hours when I didn't have enough motivation in me for another session.
      Tomorrow I'm gonna crush it by starting to mix in 3,50$'s with the 1,50$'s and hopefully I'll get in more volume than today. Shouldn't be too hard since I only played 5 hours today.

Todays graph:

Which leaves the roll at 208$. I'm comfortable to start mixing in the 3,50$'s only because I'll release 57,50$ in bonuses in 94 VPPs.
      Until tomorrow :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Crushing!
      Keep it up, look forward to the updates.
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Yesterday I made a bad decision after just a few hours of play. I wanted to play MTTs.. Not just because it's my best game, but because I had a craving.
      I registered for tournaments for maybe an hour and the roll dropped from 265$ to ~140$ before I came to my senses and stopped. It's not that I played MTTs that sucks, but that I registered for a few 8$ and a 10$, waaaay to high for my bankroll. I see value without thinking of the consequences. What would have happened if I didn't even cash once? I'd be down to 140$ and would have to play ~700 1,50$ hypers to get back up to 250$.
      Fortunately that didn't happen. Instead I finished 30th : / in a 1,10$+R 3x-turbo for 120$ which puts my bankroll at 318$.

I wish I could say that I'm going to learn from my mistakes, but I know that's not going to happen. All I can do is to be more careful with tournament selection and avoid late-registration (especially in the turbos).

I haven't started todays grind yet, and it might not even happen. But I guess a day off wouldn't be the end of the world :)

Until next time!