Hand Evaluation

• tzoun
      tzoun
      Bronze
      Hello, I don't know if it is allowed or not, but I would like to suggest this.

In hand evalutation forum imo is better to use a hand converter and post the link with the replay of the hand and after that any stats and comments. It's very difficult to look a couple of hands together, after 1-2 of reading line by line and try to understand I feel exhausted.

Whats your opinion?

Thank you.
  • 9 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi tzoun,

of course we do not want to read all the details from the hand histories. That is why many of our users convert the hands.
      Most of our users use Holdem Manager, Poker Tracker 4 or our own PokerStrategy.com SideKick. All these tools turn hands into a forum readable format.

Have a look:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $53.22
      SB:
      $13.19
      BB:
      $9.92
      MP2:
      $10.10
      MP3:
      $7.37
      CO (Hero):
      $26.17

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.55) 5, 8, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.70, Hero raises to $4.40, BU calls $2.70.

Turn: ($11.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.70, BU raises to $30.95, Hero calls $13.87.

River: ($62.87) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $62.87.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card king(Q K).
      BU shows a straight, eight high(3 7).

BU wins with a straight, eight high(3 7).
      Isn't that better then to link to an external site that then replays the hand, coming back & forth to see/write the comments etc?
    • tzoun
      tzoun
      Bronze
      Yeah I know that but I mean converters that we can see the replay like boomplayer. It will be more easy than reading the text.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Personally I dislike to check hands on those replayers. Much faster to read converted hand than open those links and so on. More easier to also check what pot odds were in some street from normally posted hand imo.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      It's a personal preference I guess.

When I first started looking at hands, I thought a replayer was the way to go. After looking at tons of hands though, I now much prefer a forum-style text version. It's a lot easier to review what you need to when trying to think about the hand.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      "forum-style text version" is much better and it's not close. it's a matter of getting used to it, but it's certainly worth it
    • tzoun
      tzoun
      Bronze
      Well, maybe its worth to give it a try. I am more used to video replay thats why I suggest it.

Have fun guyz :)
    • twisteras
      twisteras
      Bronze
      Well, maybe its worth to give it a try
    • simon1312
      simon1312
      Bronze
      Seems like a good poker hand tracking app. I have some problems installing it, but I guess it's cuz atm I play from old lap top. Will give it a try from other PC.
    • Post removed