Anyone grinding 30/60 $ Spin and go's?

• julito23
      julito23
      Gold
      I have been grinding these quite a bit during the last couple of weeks. After almost 2000 tournaments, I am down quite a bit (pre rakeback) , but since I haven't hit any multiplier higher than 10x I think it is to be expected. I would like to see if there is any other grinders around, to share our progress and experiences as we explore this new format.

Also, I would to know what do you think about the different prizepools between Pokerstars and Full Tilt. The fact that the highest multiplier at PS is so ridiculously high and only occurs 1 out of 100.000, poses a little dilemma for me.

On stars, besides what I already mentioned, you cannot make deals. This means that even you are lucky enough to hit the top prize, you will only win it 1 out of 3 times. On the upside, you can grind them to get supernova elite, and hopefully have some nice profit post rakeback.

On FT, the multipliers are much more well spread. However, the black card rakeback is just bullshit. The big advantage of FT in my opinion is the option to deal.

Right now I will keep grinding on stars for a little while and see what happens, but I am really on a blind journey. I would really appreciate if some of you shared their opinions,

Thanks!
  • 9 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Not sure if you were aware Tim64 has been playing them and doing some live coachings on them... (FullTilt, PokerStars and iPoker I believe).

In case you missed it, Here's a link to a couple of related videos he's done.
    • julito23
      julito23
      Gold
      Hi Ramble, thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware of the videos and the coachings. However, I am not sure if Tim64 is actually grinding them or just showcasing them to the pokerstrategy members.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      From my limited experience about 500 odd games it definitely seemed that full tilt were better as they pay out a prize other than minimum more often.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      My 2 cents on the matter: nobody grinds the Spin and Go's, they just think they are. All they are doing is donating money to the poker room and luckboxes.

To the poker room because they have ridiculously high rake for super-turbos ( 5-7% because of the advertising costs and the fact that lots of fish play them and they don't care about rake), and to the luckboxes because most of your buy-ins will eventually go to a fish that got lucky (statistically speaking), like that 34-year-old handyman who won a million dollars on a $5 Spin and Go. None of the rake goes in the jackpot prize pool, that's covered by the buy-ins.

To win at those games long-term, you would have to get very lucky and catch the monster prize pool. That happens once in every 100.000 games on PokerStars, for example. Then, you would have to win it (or make a deal for much less EV). You would have a better chance to win ANY tournament in the online and live world than just catching a Spin and Go maximum prize pool, let alone win it.

But that's just one man's opinion.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      ^ thumb up
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      The handyman was also a russian and had an average buy-in of $0.23. That's where your money are bound to end up if you play these things.
    • Post removed

• iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      the only flipside to this is because people gamble in them, if you can ride the variance out (which sounds impossible) they should be very +ev. The play is bad. So bad. It is unbelievable at the micro versions.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      you can play an AI push fold game from the start and never deviate from all in or fold preflop and continually get it in , in front.