Turning the world upside down!

• InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      I AM BACK!
      There was a number of previous attempts, most successful of which has seen me making some $3.5k out of a 100 in SnGs and then blowing most of it in a summer on travelling and playing some live tourneys. This time it's cash, although I'm sure I'll drift away eventually to crush some other games. But for now - it makes sense to stick with one game and since I want to have zoom in my arsenal anyway, zoom it is.

A bit about myself - I'm 22, doing my 3rd year of a Mechatronics (read - robotics) degree in the uni of Manchester. Originally from Russia, moved here 3 years ago before uni. Being a competitive person I've been into poker for a while, on and off, mainly for the sake of the game itself, though who doesn't like moniez?

ATM my BR stands at $305.83 + $155.66 at neteller which I regard as part of my bankroll, just keep it there for the sake of flexibility. It's a click away from a deposit anyway. So, starting BR = $461.43
      Bumped into a channelnge thread... Count me in! Let the aim be $3k, and let's get into it!
  • 13 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey InsanityOnFire,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

GL :gl:

Laz
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Welcome back! :f_thumbsup:

Mechatronics sounds like Transformers. Killer robots? :f_eek:
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      Tyty =)

Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Mechatronics sounds like Transformers. Killer robots? :f_eek:
      To be honest there's no strict definition of mechatronics, but it's something on the border of mechanical and electronic engineering. Not only robots, but that's the most obvious thing... No killing intended though (unless some1 tries to stop me), I'd prefer robots that serve coffee while I play poker :s_cool: . Automate the boring stuff so we can all go on adventures hunting treasures and having fun, that's the plan!

Graphs so far follow murphys law...

Before the challenge:

After the start:

Oh, well, I guess I just dropped back to NL10. NL16 did not go well, although there's too little hands to say anything about the limit. I'll try it again at $450, so far - BR is down to $350.
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      Monday challenge update:
      WEEK 1
      Hands: 3645
      Net Won : -$70.97
      Bankroll: $390.46
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      Wow, a week has passed by quickly... Had some uni submissions taking more time than I expected so wasn't active much in poker. I'm pretty sure this will get better. For now, this week:

WEEK 2
      Hands: 4879
      Net Won -$61.01
      Bonus (stellar): $10
      Bankroll: $339.45

Total:
      Hands: 8524
      Net Won: -$132.04
      Bonus: $10
      Bankroll increase: -26%

Fact of the week: according to hm, average rake on NL10 is over 8 BB/100. Boy is this a pretty big chunk...
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      It's a shame that I've started the challenge running so cold, but I guess it doesn't matter much in the long run. And hey, it's all about the process, right? Seems like I'm in for a loong one.

Graph, b..ches loove graphs.

At the lowest point I exactly halved my initial BR, was actually close to dropping to NL5 which I occasionally play on my phone :f_biggrin:

Tried some reg speed tables, it's obv slower, but I think I'll play it sometimes when I'm in the mood to make some moves. The thing is, on reg tables you can focus on opponents, forget the word balance and play the dynamics vs fish. Minding some regs who play 9000+ tables and don't see the dynamics.
      Playing reg tables also puts me in tryhard mode, when I try to make the most profitable decision in each spot rather than just play standard, whatever standard means.

Overall still looking up to the challenge. Albeit it just got harder. Bring it on:f_cool:
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      Time for challenge update.

WEEK 3
      Hands: 8149.
      Net Won: -$12.89.
      Bankroll: $326.56.

The week's still in the negative though I bounced back a bit from the midweek update. It's not all bad.
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      A very productive week :f_drink:

WEEK 4
      Hands: 899.
      Net Won: -$16.39
      Bankroll: $310.17
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      WEEK 5
      Hands: 2979
      Net Won: $16.26
      Bankroll: $326.17

Finally a week in the green :f_biggrin:
      Volume doesn't look impressive, but I played reg tables. I've gotta say I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it though, playing incredibly loose (and probably spewy) and getting into a lot of postflop situations. The mindset behind this - to learn postflop you gotta play postflop and it's cheaper on NL10. I'm gonna beat it eventually one way or another and why not do it in style while learning the most.:f_cool:
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      WHoa, it's 5 am on a Monday wtf am I doing updating my blog!? Uni's eSports club hosted a 24h marathon LAN event over weekend, had loads of fun there... I guess it's time to deal with the consequences:f_biggrin:
      WEEK 6
      Hands: 6661
      Net Won: $2.08
      Bonuses: $35
      Bankroll: $363.25

The weekly net balance is breakeven, but the swings are real! About 8 BI movements back and forth, I've gotta say it's quite exciting, especially the upwards bit:f_pleased:
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      WEEK 7
      Hands: 3226
      Net Won: -$41.14
      Bankroll: $322.11
    • InsanityOnFire
      InsanityOnFire
      Bronze
      WEEK 8
      Hands: 12502