New Year New Me

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      I'm writing this blog for bankroll and goal getter challenges (I hope it’s possible to apply for both)

My Bankroll challenge : From $50 to $5000, starting on NL SH Zoom Pokerstars

About me: With some break I’ve been playing online poker for almost 4 years and never managed to break through. Busted all deposits (one year ago bloged about that too) and in recent months stacked at SH NL2 level. I decided that I had enough with poker and finally should quit, but wanted to give one last chance. So this is this last chance that I give to poker. If Ill get busted again Ill quit online poker for real. It consumes too much time, if id take all the time that Ive spend for poker in last 4 years and instead of poker I spend that time to learning some skills (like programming) I could be making a living of it more easily. The only thing that makes me keep coming back and to try last time is that I really love this game. I ask myself what should I do different this time? The only thing that I can think of is to work hard as never before in my life. 14 hours work day and 4 hours sleep should be a norm. I guess that’s what separates success from the rest.

Challenges
      Since Im starting late in the week there is only two days left, but Im still hoping to achieve:

1. Reread all NL texasholdem pokerstrategy articles (silver status)
      2. Play 20 k hands
      3 Run 5 km twice

My strategy : since Im in micro-stakes and zoom Ill be super nit, no turn c-bet, no bluffs, only strong starting hands
  • 14 replies
    • adeee3
      adeee3
      Bronze
      Good luck with your goals! :D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey churchilland,

Indeed you can participate in both, however we do need you to go back to Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! and include your starting and target bankroll. Remember that should post your results by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

GL :gl:

Laz
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Reports and new goals #1

Thanks,

Unfortunately my weekend wasnt so productive in poker, didn't manage to achieve any goals so no points this.
      What I managed to do was to have one 4 hour session at the end of sunday

Had some beats so not totally happy, but in other perspective I added what? +26% of my starting starting capital? ($50) so not that bad. What Im happy about is that I feel completely comfortable to play 4 zoom tables at one moment. Which is great, and makes me exited for the next week.

Next week Goals :

1) 40k hands
      2) run 5 km 4 days
      3) read practical Poker math book (only chapters with No limit texas poker)
      4) read all Dusty Smidt "Dont lsiten to Phil Hellmuth book
      5) finish rereading pokerstrategy NL strategy articles (silver status)
      6) watch 4 hours worth pokerstrategy or youtubes videos
      7) reread poker cash game guide book (other website so because i know that advertisement is forbidden here I want include name or link)

Bold goals are three goals that I choose for goal challenge

3 PokerStrategy.com goals:
      Refer at least 1 friend who receives free money*
      Accumulate at least 100 points by February 28**
      Update your blog at least 3 times a week

Good luck to everyone else in this promotion
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Blog post #1: Poker player personality:

From pokerstars blog, only 17 players participate in survey at PCA, so not big data but still interesting:

full picture - http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/en/blog/2015/the-personality-of-a-successful-poker-pl-153977.shtml

Monday I also had first down-swing :(
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Blog post: goal getter goals

I was advised that goal getter 3 goals are not for each week but for the whole period. So to make them more challenge i want to change to my final 3 goals (i still have two weeks till february 28 ):

1) to play more than 150 k hands
      2) to run 20 km (of course divided in separate days)
      3) To reach at least half my bankroll goal (2500 $)

Ill try my best to achieve 3 PokerStrategy.com goals too :
      Refer at least 1 friend who receives free money*
      Accumulate at least 100 points by February 28** (achieved)
      Update your blog at least 3 times a week
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      So after 34,537 hands I busted my initial bankroll. well almost, I still have 6 $ left in my account (at one time it was only one buy inn) So technically not busted but its the matter of time. I reached such downswing one 6 days ago and just didn't post anything in my blog for all time because didn't play any poker. i was just that crushed mentally.

My graph:

Now the question is if I should put a new bankroll when Ill finish my 6$ dollars today or tmw.. I thought about that this week. My original this blog first post stated that I want to give the last chance to poker and if Il busted my bankroll Ill never play again. However during those 30k hands last week I learned a lot of my game leaks (like playing to many zoom tables) and improved understating of post flop game. So if i correct my game and not doing same mistakes and adopt better to zoom games I may had a chance to go up instead down.

Well Im still thinking about that, probably will decide tmw. At first I need to finish those last 6$ :f_frown:
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi churchilland,

Any updates? Did you reconsider restarting?
      As a personal advice I suggest you to start with NL2 FR simple tables. Why?...because the variance is very low, ranges are very tight and this put you in very few marginal spots compared with SH where you play wider ranges. Once you master FR good enough you can approach SH, it will be more easy and this time with at least 50 buy ins for it.
      PS: even if the FR is quite boring try not to play more than 4 tables, you must put the focus on improving the game not having good volume now when you are at the beginning of the road in poker;)
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Hi

I wrote my updates on report threat
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Since I see that they punish if you write report in report threat but not post in blog, here are my all weeks reports (week 5 is the latest)

Week 1 (02-08 February)
      Hands - 3975
      Profit:+$13.20
      Bankroll: $63.20
      Week 2 (09-15 February)
      Hands- 30148
      Profit - $56.05
      bankroll - $6.95
      Week 3 (16-22 February)
      hands:1.843
      Profit: +2.16$
      Bankroll: $9.11
      Week 4 (23/02 - 01/03)
      Hands:17.175
      Profit: +$24.82
      Bankroll: $33.93
      Week 5 (02/-08 march)
      Hands: 4549
      Profit: - $26.46
      bankroll: 7.47

SO I had a roller-coaster and back on being on the edge of busting all bankroll.

Please dont give me red card pokerstrategy
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Interesting site about your brain activity during the poker game - http://www.yourbrainonpoker.com/
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      I have something special with me, cause no matter how many times I go down I can't bust my bankroll. Last week I played again with only one buy in left, but managed to survive and climbed back
      Last week report:
      Hands: 6.418
      Profit: $10.20

I hope this week to reach back my initial starting bankroll - $50 and then I my will start playing seriously again and blog seriously again
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      FML
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Week 7 15/03/2012 - 22/03/2015
      hands- 14100
      profit- $3.03

I seriously need to start playing seriously with serious volume
    • churchilland