Challenge Triple Bankroll in 2 days

• iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      So title says it all really. I have just deposited £25 on Unibet.
      I want to triple this so I can repay my initial deposit, and then have £50 on Unibet. I want to do this in about 24 hours.

I will be playing mainly 4nl and also some sngs, mtts.

I will post fairly regular updates in here.

Once it's complete I plan to withdraw £20 onto pokerstars and continue to run the rest up on Unibet. This challenge is just for the tripling.
      Once the triple is successful I'll revert to more orthodox bankroll management and try to get somewhere useful.
  • 16 replies
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      So far up about 8 euros. I'm playing 6handed 4nl.
      There is a big fish at the table! we both have about 300bbs. So there is a high risk but high reward potential.
      I've closed all my tables down to this one. Could be a big step forward in the challenge if I get in the right hand with him :f_thumbsup:
    • Tinsley15
      Tinsley15
      Bronze
      glglgl!!!:f_cool:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      May the odds be ever in your favor ! :f_drink:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :f_drink:

Originally posted by AgapieGheorghe
      May the odds be ever in your favor ! :f_drink:
      This was good to hear, it encouraged me to tame it back a bit, because i was eager to get into hands with this fish , but you reminded me to always make sure I've got the odds in my favour!

Unibet doesnt allow trackers so I manually recreated a couple of the bigger hands here, didn't manage to get my fish really that much in the end (I stacked him once but then he sucked out on me and got his chips back). Still managed to end up 100bbs up so not at all bad! Here are some of the hands

http://www.sharemypair.com/smpweb/smpviewdetails/feed_id/10990 - here the big fish folds, but I still get it in good. Not loving the minraise, with hindsight - but the board was so dry and I didn't like frightening the fish off. The standard is bad - so I knew they'd stack off with any ace and any heart draw, which is why although I grimaced at paired turn, I didn't slow down!

Shortly after this hand the big fish left the table and rejoined with 100bbs. I then managed to finally get him in a decent spot post flop :)
      http://www.sharemypair.com/smpweb/smpviewdetails/feed_id/10991

... but my victory was short lived!

http://www.sharemypair.com/smpweb/smpviewdetails/feed_id/10992

A good first session though with a couple of stacks won on other tables also :f_thumbsup:

Starting Bankroll:

Ending Bankroll:

Felling good. I just started a little blog here: http://www.ieatfish.wordpress.com to keep me focussed and I wrote about how you need to play every hand well and being a winning poker player is simply about being better on average than your opponents. I'm writing this in the style that I'm already the shark I want to be.

Going to eat and will be back at it for a bit of midnight hour fish hunting!! :f_drink: :f_thumbsup:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Just to add sharemypair doesn't cater for penny stakes so I've created using $1 = 1 cent , in case you think I'm playing 400nl :p
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      I was just about to ask what is wrong with your stack when I saw your last post :D
      Unibet has some kind of track of how many hands you play ?
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Hey
      Originally posted by AgapieGheorghe
      I was just about to ask what is wrong with your stack when I saw your last post :D
      Unibet has some kind of track of how many hands you play ?
      It tells you how many flops you seen but this is only track available (unless you speak to support).

Challenge about to resume as much as I wanted to continue late last night after I had eaten I felt tired so I made a good decision and went to bed now I'm awake and will be starting again soon! :f_p:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      second hand i posted wrong link above have fixed now!
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      just lots two stacks in 3 minutes fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Ouch :f_frown:
      Good luck with your challenge :gl:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck!

Remember that it's not just about this weekend but about EVERY weekend collectively.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Thanks for the support SDK and UPAY4DINNER appreciate it!

Originally posted by UPAY4DINNER
      Good luck!

Remember that it's not just about this weekend but about EVERY weekend collectively.
      Touché! :s_biggrin:

Pheww despite a very shaky start back on track.

Unibet have a promotion for february where you have to complete a number of tasks to win different rewards, so I thought I would try to take advantage to help the challenge. The second challenge is to double up to a 200bb stack at cash on one day, and then double up to a 200bb stack at PLO the next day. Yesterday I doubled at cash so today it was PLO. I hardly ever play PLO - I might have played like 4 times in my whole life. The thing I like about the game is everything seems a little fresh. Well I did manage to almost double up (198bbs) and then my set on the flop that I got all in got beat by flush draw and gutshot that stacked off on the flop. Patiently carried on and double up again a bit later so ended up leaving that PLO table about 110bbs up, and also with the challenge completed which earnt me a 1 euro SNG ticket.

Speaking of SNG's I took a risky stab at a 10 euro 5 man SNG with my 30 euro bankroll, and it lost (two pair in on the flop, vs a set on 763 - he had 33) , then I moved down to the 4's and managed to take two 1sts consecutively to undoe that damage and earn 6 euros on top.

Bankroll at a new high right now
      :f_thumbsup:

and I have €1 SNG ticket and a €4 MTT ticket which I won from challenges.

I feel some adrenalin/emotion in my system after the 2buy in insta loss that started this morning and my little recovery so I'm going to take a break and go and watch Pokerstars Sharkcage. Then I'm going to try to get a fullish day of play in. I'll update again later to let you know how it went :f_drink:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Alas my challenge ended in failure, there's still two tiny glimmers.

One is a free roll on Thursday I won entry to today,
      The other is a o.60 pence accumulator bet I just placed with odds of 2000:1 if either of them cash... I'll let you know!
    • basek25
      basek25
      Bronze
      how did u bust buddy? 50€ sounds a lot to bust in one day on nl4 tables
    • fbaltazar
      fbaltazar
      Bronze
      chip and a chair...
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by basek25
      how did u bust buddy? 50€ sounds a lot to bust in one day on nl4 tables
      I just wrote in my blog but I was playing 4 euro sngs for sng challenge and 8 euro mtts , I tilted when I lost 8 euro mtt . patience is what I need ; there are no fast money in poker ; steady growth is what's needed, this is lesson of my weekend :f_cry: