Seat Selection Quiz

• 16 replies
      Bronze
      what does A, B and C stand for ? is that open seats ?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      yes, sorry if that wasn't clear
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m no FLHE player, but here are mine answers:

I want to play on the A seat except the 13+1. Than is B a little bit better I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • stampman024
      stampman024
      Bronze
      Without the option of "none", I would go with these:
      1 B
      2 B
      3 C
      4 A
      5 C
      6 B
      7 B
      8 A
      9 B
      10 A
      11 A
      12 A
      13 A
      13+1 B
      stampy
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      1 A
      2 A
      3 C
      4 A
      5 A
      6 A
      7 B
      8 A
      9 A
      10 A
      11 A
      12 A
      13 A
      13+1 B
      Bronze
      1 B
      2 A
      3 C
      4 A
      5 A
      6 B
      7 B
      8 A
      9 B
      T A
      11 B
      12 B
      13 A
      13+1 A (for the reason that nits are easy to play against and in this case i don't mind having the fish on my left since hes also supposed to be fairly easy to play against so having 2 "easy" opponents is better than only 1 fish and rest regs despite the better seat.)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Nice quiz, but I kinda don't get it lol...
      I mean for example in 3, why would someone choose B or C over A? For a chance that another F sits in? Same with some other examples.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      I mean for example in 3, why would someone choose B or C over A? For a chance that another F sits in? Same with some other examples.
      It's possible that #3 is just a really easy question.
      How do we know, that A is the best open seat?

edit: Oh, I think I misunderstood you. If the game were to stay 4 handed forever, it wouldn't matter which seat you took. I sort of assume that any table with a fish is likely to fill up. It matters which seat you pick, because you are essentially choosing your relative position to the fish at the full table.
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Originally posted by CoreySteel

LOL I took B in red's blog. No one will sit on a reg, except the fish, so if I sit on B, A and C will be occupied by F. But anyway it doesn't matter where I sit, cuz I'm tha mac daddy:f_cool:
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Even though it is better to have a fish on the left than a reg on the left, it is almost as if I prefer the reg. The thing is that money flows to the left even if there is a fish in that seat (unless he is brain-dead). This makes it so frustrating to play if the cards fall badly. I know I'm being irrational here, but I can't help it. I refuse to have a fish on my left. Fortunately, this is still an option at the four tables up and running at the micros.

To give an extreme example, with two fish on the left, I personally find small pairs unplayable. If you raise and get 3-bet by a reg, then you are in good shape. The reg might fold as well. But if two fish coldcall, then you are in a horrible spot. In all likelihood, there will be three players seeing the river (if you're still in). An unimproved pair isn't winning here. This forces me to play tight, and I don't like that at all.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      LOL I took B in red's blog. No one will sit on a reg, except the fish, so if I sit on B, A and C will be occupied by F.
      Hehe, that's actually pretty good. But as you can see from these examples, R sits R all the time :P :P
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      That doesn't mean anything. It could turn out so that the seat on the R-s right becomes empty when the F leaves, and another R sits in place of that when there is another F to his right. Also in the marvelous world of table hopping and seating scripts some of these examples are a bit far from reality. For example 13+1: 4 R-s sitting in a row on one F, this table doesn't seem to be profitable for the R who has the F on his left. So what you see in these situations is that this guy immediately stands up and takes seat B (if he manages to be quick enough). Such constellations are unstable and short lived like transuranium elements.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      examples 8 - 13+1 are actual tables i've played at, they come from my HM database, all 5/10+.
      1-7 are 'made up', but these are all extremely common to see when a new table is filling up. eg.: #4, R waits alone at table, F sits opposite of him, another R sits on the left of F. etc.
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      I don't say that these don't exist , but that they are rare. There can be some reg fests due to some people cant afford table/seat selection either because of the stake they play on or because they need to rake desperately for SNE, but by definition someone who cares about a seat selection does not take seat with 3 regs on his right (unless they are bad enough, but then they are below average)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      ...but by definition someone who cares about a seat selection does not take seat with 3 regs on his right (unless they are bad enough, but then they are below average)
      They "shouldn't", but players do that all the time :)
      Bronze
      wut