Pokerstars in Latvia

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      HI!

Im from Latvia and im wondering if any one have heard any news regarding what are the plans of including us back in the pool again. Fortunately i have some money in my account and i can play from laptop, but im wondering what are the options for getting android app? (obviously all sites are blocked for us)
  • 13 replies
    • elpsycho
      elpsycho
      Diamond
      Hey man,

You can download the app from their site using vpn or find it somewhere else on the net and install it on your phone. I'm using the android app and it works fine for me.

Hope that helps :f_thumbsup:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey elpsycho,

This is not particularly good advice. It is a major breach of PokerStars Terms & Conditions to:

1) Misrepresent your location
      2) Play from a location where it is forbidden by local laws.

Given that PokerStars has the best security of onine poker sites, it is only a matter of time before you are caught, have your account closed and your funds confiscated.

Regards

Laz
    • Swish29
      Swish29
      Bronze
      You can use ZenMate (add-on for internet browsers) to change your IP, dl Stars 'from Germany' for example and play normally with your Latvian IP. Obviously don't use a VPN while playing, it's forbidden and not necessary.

You can use a VPN to dl P*, then play normally. ISPs are blocking the site, not the client. Got this e-mail from P* in September :

Hello [xxx],

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of the fact that some local internet service providers may be blocking access to foreign gaming websites and we are currently analysing what can be done about it.

We can assure you that your funds are safe with us and that you will be able to play normally if you download the client from one of the following links. In case you are using another device, I have added different links:

. Windows: http://tbf.me/a/4J8yp

. MAC: http://tbf.me/a/tyCf9

. Android: http://tbf.me/a/5NGRR

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a good day!

Regards,

Edurne
      PokerStars Support Team
      If you use ZenMate you won't need the links I sent you (I have never used them).
    • elpsycho
      elpsycho
      Diamond
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey elpsycho,

This is not particularly good advice. It is a major breach of PokerStars Terms & Conditions to:

1) Misrepresent your location
      2) Play from a location where it is forbidden by local laws.

Given that PokerStars has the best security of onine poker sites, it is only a matter of time before you are caught, have your account closed and your funds confiscated.

Regards

Laz
      I wasn't suggesting playing through vpn, just accessing the site to download the mobile app. I also use ZenMate for this purpose, as Swish29 suggested. The thing with Latvia's legislation is that you cannot access the sites (which is dumb), but there is no law whatsoever that forbids players from Latvia to play online.

Hope that now we are on the same page :f_grin:
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      Was going to say, what is the issue with Latvia?
      Last summer was there and played on stars with no issues. Although did not download any of the apps there though
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Government want monies - players suffer!
      Its allowed to play poker, but all gambling content websites are closed down.
      So if you have to download poker soft its not doable. You have to seek different options to do that.
      ----
      Some poker platforms seized their activity in Latvia because of this too. :f_cry:
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      I am able to play on Pokerstars, too. Still, I have recieved an e-mail to withdraw funds from other poker sites, for example, Ipoker ones, and I am forbidden to play there.
    • Vitols666
      Vitols666
      Bronze
      Sites that don't pay taxes are blocked, but there is no law that forbids playing on those sites. But there is this thing that you're not allowed to send money from your bank account to one of these blocked sites. But you can use Skrill, of course.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      lots of usefull info, tnx guys!

lets hope for changes soon :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vitols666
      Sites that don't pay taxes are blocked, but there is no law that forbids playing on those sites. But there is this thing that you're not allowed to send money from your bank account to one of these blocked sites. But you can use Skrill, of course.
      Well thats as far as I know, this is not true. Banks should have closed option to send the money, but it is not done, so we still can do it as far as banks allow it to us. It had to be done about 5 months ago, but it is not, so no worries. There is no law against players using deposits and withdrawals, the law is against banks. The same goes to sites like PS, FTP etc. They blocked access to homepages, but you still can use software, you can play poker. Again, the law is not against players in any way, its against sites itself.
    • Vitols666
      Vitols666
      Bronze
      "Šobrīd ir izsūtīti divi pieprasījumi, kur kopā ir 64 vietnes, IP adreses ir stipri vairāk, jo katrai vietnei var būt vairākas IP adreses, uz ko attiecas šis ierobežojums. Tāpat ir vairāk nekā 30 kapitālsabiedrības, kurām aizliegts veikt arī naudas pārskaitījumus." It says that there are 64 blocked sites, and more than 30 companies to which you're forbidden to make money transactions. Can't remember the site where i saw that list.
    • Mynthon333
      Mynthon333
      Bronze
      Thx for info. And links above, they dont work anymore.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mynthon333,

You can always contact PokerStars support at support@pokerstars.com to see if they have new download links for blocked countries.

Regards

Laz