Running Bad....

• Wolke678
      Wolke678
      Bronze
      Hey all. New to this site, and was wondering if anyone has suggestions or ideas on how to mentally survive bad runs. I have bad runs, but it can sometimes feel like i am cursed. I mean that no matter what I get beat. Working on my mental game these days.
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • 3 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Bad runs are going to happen, so you are right to be looking to learn how to survive them. I know what really helped me a ton was reading Jared Tendler's The Mental Game of Poker. It also helped when I stopped looking at results (especially daily) and instead started judging my success on my session reviews and feedback on my play from my study group and coach instead.

Best of luck to you!
    • Wolke678
      Wolke678
      Bronze
      I found that book to be one of the best reads of all my poker material. i still can have a hard time when it seems like i cant ever win a draw. Just looking for some tips on how to play to counter bad luck is all. thanks for the suggestion tho...
    • Mojumbo
      Mojumbo
      Bronze
      I was playing in a beginner tourney recently and I was following the starting hands chart. My AA lost twice in the same event after I went all-in :( It can definitely feel pretty tilting but I suppose remaining optimistic and remembering that the odds are going to be in your favor eventually helps out.