Hold'em manager 2 for studying

• Berzerekki
      Berzerekki
      Bronze
      Hello!

Let's boost my activity up in pokerstrategy forums and start to write here instead of just lurking posts. :)

I've been a fullring grinder to NL25 and change 6-max about 1 year ago. So what's happening to learning methods and playing: HM2 and post flop analysis is much important than earlier. (I were just nitting FR). I was wondering, is there any good tips and tools how to use HM2 for learning about my own game?

For example:
      Can i make folder or group for certain kind of hands: Like hands which i can mark during session for further inspection. "Win hands, lost hands, hands that i fold, hands which is question mark for myself. etc.

Feel free to add your own tactic and tips ! :f_grin:
  • 4 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I don't know of a way to make a folder, but you can certainly mark interesting hands with different tags during play for review later.

There are 2 ways to do this in-game that I know of:
      1) Use HM2 hotkeys: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2941/HUD+Settings+%7B47%7D+Hotkeys
      2) Right-click the hand in the table HUD (once the hand is completed) and select the appropriate tag - this is the method I use.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Are there any videos about using HEM to improve your game in detail , versus just tracking results? If there aren't would be great if an experienced winning user could make some.
    • Berzerekki
      Berzerekki
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers!

Idk, there should be some videos about using HM2 for analyzing and reviewing. For me its the important part of poker to evaluate my plays. And its frustrating to go trough about 10k hands every week.. o.O
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      In W34z3l's Red Line Rampage series he shows how to do a lot of interesting filterings that really can nail down your weak spots. Sadly it takes gold status to view them.

If you can afford Leakbuster is a nice complement to HM2 that can be a good help not only to find leaks but also to deepen your understanding of all these stats.