[Application] akrammon's Sunday MTTs #1

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Disclaimer to my dearest mods: Tho I have read and accepted the staking rules, the e-mail provided in the last point of paragraph 2 doesn't seem to be working. I didn't know who to turn to, so please don't delete this post, just let me know what to do :D

Hey everyone!

INTRODUCTION:
      I'm akrammon, I'm a 24 year old STT pro. Recently I started feeling that STTs are becoming tougher and tougher, so I started looking for options. One clear option is MTTs, as they offer a super soft field - especially on Sundays. The downside is that they also come with huge swings - this is why I'm applying for a stake.

You must know that I am not an MTT pro by any means, I've probably played less than 100 MTTs in my life - and most of them were microstakes, with an occasional Sunday Million or something similar. Still, I'm not new to poker, I've watched some MTT vids, and given the softness of the Sunday field, I have great confidence that I can beat these games.

THE DEAL:
      As for the deal, I'll offer something similar to what I've seen from fellow pokerstrategist Thorek - I don't ask for a markup, instead I take a % of the total profits. I feel that this is a more fair way of making business in MTTs, because if you don't make money - I don't make money either.

Total profit between $0 and $1000: 10% comes off
      Total profit between $1000 and $10000: 15% comes off
      Total profit over $10000: 20% comes off
      (see example below)

I believe that this is a fair offer - taking into account my newness to MTTs, but the extreme softness of the Sunday field and the lowish ABI of the tourneys selected.

THE PACKAGE:
      The Hotter $11- $11
      The Bigger $109 - $109
      Sunday Storm - $11
      The Hotter $16.5 - $16.5
      The Bigger $11 - $11
      Sunday Million - $215
      The Hotter $75 - $75
      The Bigger $55 - $55
      The Hotter $55 - $55

Total: $558,5
      10%: $55,8
      5%: $27,9

A couple of other things:
      * if I don't sell it all, I may cancel the stake (I know it's a short notice )
      * if I don't sell it all, I may take some tournaments out of it and increase the % of stakers
      * preferred payment method: Stars transfer
      * nickname on stars: akrammon (Hungary, no avatar)
      * you can find me on skype

Example A:
      I don't make any profit during the stake. I send back any remaining funds to the stakers according to their share, without charging any fee.

Example B:
      I make a total profit of $1600 during the stake.
      I take 10% off from the part below $1000 - that's $100.
      I take 15% off from the part above $1000 - that's $90.
      $190 is my fee. $1600 - $190 = $1410 gets distributed among the stakers according to their share.

My feedback thread.
  • 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey akrammon,

I will have to close this thread temporarily to have your request reviewed.

Regards

Laz

P.S. The email address seems fine to me.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Reviewed and passed. Thread re-opened.

I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Disclaimer to my dearest mods: Tho I have read and accepted the staking rules, the e-mail provided in the last point of paragraph 2 doesn't seem to be working. I didn't know who to turn to, so please don't delete this post, just let me know what to do :D

Hey everyone!

INTRODUCTION:
      I'm akrammon, I'm a 24 year old STT pro. Recently I started feeling that STTs are becoming tougher and tougher, so I started looking for options. One clear option is MTTs, as they offer a super soft field - especially on Sundays. The downside is that they also come with huge swings - this is why I'm applying for a stake.

You must know that I am not an MTT pro by any means, I've probably played less than 100 MTTs in my life - and most of them were microstakes, with an occasional Sunday Million or something similar. Still, I'm not new to poker, I've watched some MTT vids, and given the softness of the Sunday field, I have great confidence that I can beat these games.

THE DEAL:
      As for the deal, I'll offer something similar to what I've seen from fellow pokerstrategist Thorek - I don't ask for a markup, instead I take a % of the total profits. I feel that this is a more fair way of making business in MTTs, because if you don't make money - I don't make money either.

Total profit between $0 and $1000: 10% comes off
      Total profit between $1000 and $10000: 15% comes off
      Total profit over $10000: 20% comes off
      (see example below)

I believe that this is a fair offer - taking into account my newness to MTTs, but the extreme softness of the Sunday field and the lowish ABI of the tourneys selected.

THE PACKAGE:
      The Hotter $11- $11
      The Bigger $109 - $109
      Sunday Storm - $11
      The Hotter $16.5 - $16.5
      The Bigger $11 - $11
      Sunday Million - $215
      The Hotter $75 - $75
      The Bigger $55 - $55
      The Hotter $55 - $55

Total: $558,5
      10%: $55,8
      5%: $27,9

A couple of other things:
      * if I don't sell it all, I may cancel the stake (I know it's a short notice )
      * if I don't sell it all, I may take some tournaments out of it and increase the % of stakers
      * preferred payment method: Stars transfer
      * nickname on stars: akrammon (Hungary, no avatar)
      * you can find me on skype

Example A:
      I don't make any profit during the stake. I send back any remaining funds to the stakers according to their share, without charging any fee.

Example B:
      I make a total profit of $1600 during the stake.
      I take 10% off from the part below $1000 - that's $100.
      I take 15% off from the part above $1000 - that's $90.
      $190 is my fee. $1600 - $190 = $1410 gets distributed among the stakers according to their share.

My feedback thread.
      Quoted for reference.

WARNING: BY STAKING THIS MEMBER YOU ARE RISKING A POTENTIAL LOSS BECAUSE OF FRAUD OR PLAYBAD/RUNBAD. AGREEING TO THIS STAKE IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. POKERSTRATEGY.COM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAKING DEALS BETWEEN MEMBERS. FURTHERMORE POKERSTRATEGY.COM IS NOT EXPECTED TO TAKE PART IN VERIFYING ANY PLAYER NOR GUARANTEEING AGAINST ANY LOSS

Please note that the rules have been updated.
      Please review. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Good Luck :gl:

Laz
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Thank you Lazza! Apparently, I've made a typo in the e-mail address (what a fish I am!).

I hope I can get some stakers in the next 2 days, I'm really pumped to have my first big sunday mtt grind hehe ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      So confusing.

Are you buying % yourself?
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey UPAY4DINNER!

I don't plan on buying %, but I may buy 10%-20% if that's all that's missing.

Also, what is confusing? I'm happy to explain.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey, well I guess confusing is the wrong word. It's a lot of text that probably isn't needed :)

To say you are not charging mark up is kinda false here. You are charging mark up (later) if you win and freerolling if you don't.

It's more accurate to say it's a stakeback pack than anything else. IMO, have it as a straight stakeback (80/20 or 85/15 or 90/10 split) or have a BAP and sell whatever % at no markup or some markup if you believe it will be sold.

Obv do as you please but I think it's hella messy the way it is now :)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks for the feedback!

You may be right man, I don't know, I only staked one guy for MTTs in the past and he used this system (or a very similar one anyway) and I thought it was more common, but guess I was wrong.

In any case, I will think about changing it for the next time I try to get a stake, but I don't want to mess around with my conditions after posting so this stays like this ;)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Staking is cancelled due to a lack of interest :(

Mods please close the thread at your earliest convenience. Thanks!