No joy with Betfair poker client

• Moudilho
      Moudilho
      Bronze
      Signed up through PS, made a deposit, downloaded and installed the client but it won't let me in the room.
      I know my Internet provider is blocking betfair.com but they also block PokerStars and 888poker and their client software works OK.
      Any Russian players here, what poker client do you use? Can you share please?
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Moudilho,

According to what I can gather Betfair stopped accepting new signups from Russia in April last year. You can view an announcement here.

Regards

Laz
    • Moudilho
      Moudilho
      Bronze
      Thanks but it looks like they did a U-turn on that, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the money..
      Support says they need to confirm my age and address before they unlock the account. Last night I emailed them the scans, I should know the outcome by midnight..
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Moudilho,

Awesome. Keep us updated

GL :gl:

Laz
    • zuki14
      zuki14
      Bronze
      Contact them via chat, you can send them any document that you are looking for right away so you will quickly help you and you will know immediately how to be able to Betfair that you can help...

Kind regards!
    • Moudilho
      Moudilho
      Bronze
      It works but Russian residents will need a (European) proxy server. Google it.
      It would have taken Support less than a minute to tell me that. But no, their only answer is 'kill the browser history and reinstall'..
      The good news is the money flows quite smoothly from Visa Classic and back, less 1.5% commission they took right away..
      Good luck everyone.. Win a horse!