Grinding SSNL - second chance

• booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Sup everyone, some of you might have followed my blog "link to blog" and if you did, you prob got excited following the crazy swongs I have endured from nl2 up to 400.to put things in perspective, here is my life time graph:, along with my winrate by stakes:

as you might have noticed I went down from grinding ssnl to playing nano stakes plenty of time, even though I have never admitted it in my former blog, but I have grinded few bankrolls from nl2 all the way to nl100 in few days, obv tankrolling and sunrunning everyone on my way up. I had a very good run last summer early july all the way to nl200 where I started table selecting first and just grinding a living, but quickly ended up batteling every single reg hu, playing in all regs line ups with nano edges etc ... tbh I crushed regular tables pretty hard, lost a fair bit playing snap (zoom like) you can see my winrate on both above.
      so basically I was battelling everyone and somehow soul reading and sunrunning like a lucky penny, then variance took its turn along with tilt and some real life issues, I quickly recovered from the first downswing after getting my things together and studying my game religiously. but a combination of tilt, real life emergency expenses, runbad, weak mental game etc .. led me to be completely busto. luckily now I managed to grind my way up from a 120$ br to a 1500$ br over 39k hands, girraf incoming:

Now that I have reviewed my game for weeks , while being busto and waiting for the 120$ that I owe someone to hit my netelller, decided to try to give it a shot at truly being a consistent winner at midstakes. Wich would mostly includes bankroll and life management, as you can see I'm +EV on all stakes over 1.5m hands except for nl400 (the most stupid shot I took ever haha), so I am going to make a list of goals on here and try to keep track of my progress, hope you guys will enjoy following the crazy swongs the poker gods make me endure :f_biggrin: .

Goals short term(1 month):

- buy leak buster and review my game more in depth.
      - buy the mental game of poker and read it.
      - try to keep a solid mindset and avoid tilt (I'll be the only judge on that at the end of the month lol).
      - stop battelling regs over 0.0002bb/100 edges just because I get bored when theres no action (aka bumhunt)
      - no more snap poker, for some reason I'm just getting destroyed there, maybe I level myself too much hudless

long term goals (by July 1st):
      - Monthly average of 75k hands a month min with a 5bb/100 winrate at minimum.
      - only withdraw rakeback for living expenses
      - withdraw 5000euros to neteller for a new car, as my current one is as good as a mule.
      - withdraw 1700us for a trip to morroco in mid april.
      -constantly review sessions and work on mental game mostly.

I know monetary goals aren't a good thing when it comes to poker, especially when recovering from a downswing; but I likes challenges, the main challenge here is to be disciplined and getting used to the 6 days hourly grind/study. I feel confident and very motivated right now (obv since running on an upswing :f_biggrin: ) , I will keep track of my progress and maybe some random thoughts on here just to keep me sharp and disciplined, and we'll see how things work :)
  • 38 replies
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Good luck, looking forward to following your journey.

You went from NL2 to NL100 in a few days? How did you do that? how many tables? when did you move up a level, drop back down? curios! :)
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iSoOwnYou
      Good luck, looking forward to following your journey.

You went from NL2 to NL100 in a few days? How did you do that? how many tables? when did you move up a level, drop back down? curios! :)
      just ran hot and moved up a stake when I won few buy ins, 6tabling wich is the max at 888. ended up batteling regs on nl100 with 20BI like the huge bankroll-nit I am haha :D I'm sure I can dig up a graph somewhere of that crazy upswong
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      So everything going as planned, took an aggro shot at nl100, got coolered and lost few BIs so dropped down to 50nl and obv ran hotter than the sun itself :f_biggrin:
      girraf looking sexy and I'm pretty happy with my game and discipline atm, but the most important thing is to be consistent for the rest of the month.

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Holy :censored: What a ride. :sfishg: :sfishy:

This is going to be rollercoaster entertainment. I hope you can make one of these rushes really stick

GL :gl: and following.

Laz
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      So bankroll sitting at 2100 right now, I took a shota 100nl yesterday, got stuck 5BIs, dropped down to nl50 for few hands then broke even over 6k hands, I think I handled it alright and played quite well. so I'm going to take another shot at nl100 and drop down if I lose 5 BIs and hopefully post a sexy graph :D
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      So things went better today .. much better :f_biggrin: +9BIs at nl100 can never be bad hehe :D
      session been sick, loads of fish at the snap tables, even though I've decided not to play snap because I am somehow losing money there, I think it's better to try to adjust and focus more while playing, taking alot of notes etc since snap is hudless. will drop snap if I start to lose badly obv.
      graph of today's session:

and results for this month so far:

will update goals later since the trip planned mid april isn't going to happen appearently.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Good morning everyone, so as I mentionned, the trip mid april is reported, so my main goal for the next 45 days would be to save some $$$ for new hardware. I hope someone who knows better than I do could drop me a comment and help me out here, since I am a huge IT fish!
      right now my setup is really shitty, I use a laptop with a 23" Samsung LED monitor, wich was quite comfortable until my laptop screen decided to just die. a part from that hem has been super laggy lately, it takes ages to load stats/graphs etc ...
      so I made a bit of research, appearently all I need is an SSD harddrive to make HEM run much faster, so I'm probably going to get a custom assembled gamer pc. since there isn't much of a choice for cutting edge hardware in my country, I'll have to settle for something like this: (it's in french, GO=Gigabyte and so on)

"Processeur Intel Core i5-4440 4é Génération, up to 3.3 Ghz, 6 Mo de mémoire cache - Boitier Gamer Manhattan ATX 835 - Carte Mére H81-P33 - Mémoire 16 Go Gamer - Disque 2 To ( +128 Go SSD = 139 DT ) - Carte graphique MSI GeForce GTX 760 TF 4 Go OC"

it costs roughly 1100$ if I want to get the 128GO SSD
      and a second monitor like this, the one I already have is the same obv: (costs around 180$)

so the plan is to start playing 12 tables, 6 on each monitor when I get my setup done. for now I'll have to just grind 6 on 888 wich is the max.
      will start session soon, action is kinda dry right now at 888 and I don't want to fight regs all day, so I'll just surf some forums and review some hands until the whales finish their breakfest haha :f_biggrin:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Also thought to share some good music, perfect for grinding long hours :)
      Link Text...
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      sick session today! I think I ran pretty well overall, definatly missed a ton of value spots somehow, I usually vbet too thinly haha

• booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      hit my monthly hands goal running at 6.5bb/100 and mindset is solid so far, wich is nice. I'm feeling that I'm not playing that good on nl100, somehow my redline is straight down plumbing playing snap tables, will have to review some hands to fix that.
      girraf for february:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      girraf update!

still feel like struggling at nl100 even though I'm winning 3bb/100 over 30k hands on nl100, but I am unsure about alot of spots in 3b/4b pots, lots of new regs and most of the old ones changed their style. I have been batteling with regs when there wasen't much action and I felt like I had some kind of edge, even though I promised myself to avoid it in the OP, but old habits are old to break :D
      So main goal for the next sessions is to table select more, and obv try to play A game all the way:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      finally the poker gods blessed me with a +13BI session :f_biggrin: all 100nl snap and regular.

bankroll is at 4200$ wich is more than enough to grind nl100 comfortably, I will be withdrawing around 1300$ in the next few days to buy a new desk computer and a second monitor, obv if I start running bad/losing badly I will report that.
      will post some hands later from this session and maybe others.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      sunrunning like a boss in the past days :f_biggrin:

feels great to end the month with profit at nl100 starting with 10BI for nl10, kinda degen but whatever, tankroll ftw haha :D
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      So, finally got my setup done - almost, I got the computer with the spec above along with another 24" monitor, couldn't find a 23" to match the one I already have wich kinda sucks, but it's still does the trick I guess :) I still need to get a hdmi/dvi cable to plug the second monitor on the new monster, so I'm using it on my old laptop to migrate my files, notes etc ... and this thing is indeed a monster, SSD harddrives are the absolut nuts when it comes to running a big database on holdem manager, import speed is around 600hands/second while it's like 50h/s on my old laptop (with 8go ram and i7 yo).
      so I'm pretty much having fun just running filters, going over random stats etc on hem since it's so fast :f_biggrin:
      posting my overall graph since I started this blog for the sole reason that it looks sexy :f_biggrin: :f_drink:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      so decided to try stars again yesterday, only regular tables this time, ended up with this wierd graph hahaha :f_biggrin: battelled every single reg just because I felt like to, wich didn't end up very well haha

will try to put some serious volume on stars and see how it goes!
    • Samtheo7
      Samtheo7
      Bronze
      GL and very nice graph! Keep the good work
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Samtheo7
      GL and very nice graph! Keep the good work
      thx mate :)

another swingy session, started playing a reg hu just for lolz, ended up taking 7BI from the guy haha, he somehow decided to value himself 200bb deep, I don't play much HU, but I assume this can't be +ev vs a semi unknown (myself):

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: $270.78
      Hero (BB): $220.65

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with A:club: A:spade:
      BTN/SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $10, BTN/SB calls $7

Flop: ($20.00) A:heart: K:diamond: 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.75, BTN/SB calls $9.75

Turn: ($39.50) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $28, BTN/SB calls $28

River: ($95.50) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $71.25, BTN/SB raises to $223.03 all in, Hero calls $101.65 all in

Final Pot: $441.30
      BTN/SB shows Ad 4d (two pair, Aces and Fours)
      Hero shows Ac As (three of a kind, Aces)
      Hero wins $440.80
      (Rake: $0.50)

another interesting hand vs what seems like a solid aggro reg, I think stacking off with top2 this deep is quite fine considering dynamics at the time and my own image etc ... ended up flipping for 250bb wich makes me question my play a bit, but flips are fun so whatever :D
      :
      Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em $0.20 Ante - 4 players

BTN: $250.63
      SB: $271.43
      Hero (BB): $251.06
      CO: $160.28

Pre Flop: ($2.30) Hero is BB with T:heart: J:spade:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.30) J:heart: T:diamond: 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.33, Hero raises to $13, BTN raises to $40, Hero raises to $125, BTN raises to $248.43 all in, Hero calls $123.43

Turn: ($502.16) Q:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($502.16) 9:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $502.16
      BTN shows 9h 8h (a straight, Eight to Queen)
      Hero shows Th Js (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
      BTN wins $500.66
      (Rake: $1.50)

girraf for stars so far:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      had an annoying session on stars today, my internet connection decided to be shitty and I got disconnected in some soul crushing spots (top set in 3bp 3way, AA pre bb vs bu open etc ....) still managed to BE and have some fun hands, batteled a reg on few deep ante tables hu/3h, I think I had an edge over him hu but I had to quit because of tilting connection issues.
      3 big pots vs the same vilain, first hand I folded just because he snap jammed turn, I mean it felt like KK/AA so often that I didn't think much about calling. I asked him in chat after the hand if he had kings and he said yes, so that make me feel a little better about my fold :) )
      second hand I don't hate his call considering dynamics, I've shown few bluffs and took alot of pots w/o showdown, so he decided to look me up 500bb deep wich can only be sweet for us :)
      last hand I'm completely lost otr, I called because I felt I was way up my range, I don't want to be results oriented, but he might not be bluff happy enough on this kind of spots to justify our call.
      hands 1:
      Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em $0.20 Ante - 4 players

SB: $100.00
      Hero (BB): $285.70
      CO: $103.55
      BTN: $369.09

Pre Flop: ($2.30) Hero is BB with J:heart: J:diamond:
      CO raises to $2.50, BTN raises to $8.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $23, 1 fold, BTN raises to $54, Hero calls $31

Flop: ($111.80) 2:spade: 6:diamond: 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $63.97, Hero calls $63.97

Turn: ($239.74) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $250.92 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: $239.74
      BTN wins $238.24

hand 2:
      Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em $0.20 Ante - 2 players

BB: $252.22
      Hero (BTN/SB): $247.06

Pre Flop: ($1.90) Hero is BTN/SB with K:heart: K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.50, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $25, BB calls $15

Flop: ($50.40) 2:heart: 3:club: 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $25, BB calls $25

Turn: ($100.40) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $60, BB calls $60

River: ($220.40) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $136.86 all in, BB calls $136.86

Final Pot: $494.12
      BB shows Td Ts (a pair of Tens)
      Hero shows Kh Kd (a pair of Kings)
      Hero wins $493.62
      (Rake: $0.50)

hand 3:
      Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em $0.20 Ante - 3 players

Hero (BTN): $276.45
      SB: $100.00
      BB: $253.75

Pre Flop: ($2.10) Hero is BTN with T:diamond: Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $25, BB calls $15

Flop: ($51.10) 3:diamond: Q:diamond: 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($51.10) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $28.77, Hero calls $28.77

River: ($108.64) 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $62.14, Hero calls $62.14

Final Pot: $232.92
      Hero mucks Td Qs
      BB shows Ks Kd (a pair of Kings)
      BB wins $231.42
    • vonki
      vonki