Deleting Pokerstars account

• Icecreamboy
      Icecreamboy
      Bronze
      I would kill almost for a tracked Pokerstars account. However, I have created one a long time ago, which isn't tracked. As I have read multiple times, Pokerstars will never ever link your account to Pokerstrategy, neither will they delete your account.

There is one exception to the latter option however, I believe I read. This exception is having personal information in your screenname, such as your real name, date of birth etc.

My Pokerstars screenname happens to include my first name. Any idea if this is 'personal' enough to get Pokerstars to delete my account, allowing me to create a new tracked account, or would my attemt be doomed on beforehand?
  • 11 replies
    • mato4
      mato4
      Bronze
      They wont delete your account, they will close it and if you want to play again on the site, you have to ask for that account to be opened. Creating another account will probably be considered multiaccounting.
      Also if youd have very personal or offensive screen name, they wouldnt delete the account, but rather allow you to change the name while every other detail of your account stays the same
    • Icecreamboy
      Icecreamboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mato4
      They wont delete your account, they will close it and if you want to play again on the site, you have to ask for that account to be opened. Creating another account will probably be considered multiaccounting.
      Also if youd have very personal or offensive screen name, they wouldnt delete the account, but rather allow you to change the name while every other detail of your account stays the same
      Thanks for the response! I pretty much expected it to be this way, lol. Not even gonna bother trying then.. I did however just regain my PartyPoker account details, which is tracked... Best option software-wise after FullTilt and PokerStars I reckon.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Icecreamboy,
      I'm in the same pickle. I figured that if I witness a major crime, thus necessitating a complete change of identity under the Witless Protection Program, that would work. So far no luck. :s_cry: :coolface:

I think that the best option is to sign up with a new room, get the status you need to view the articles and videos you need, then decide to continue there or go back to PokerStars. Unfortunately for me, only PokerStars spreads 5-Card Draw :s_cry:

If you're having a tough time deciding which tracked room to try, I suggest reading Choosing the right Poker Room for you! and reply to the thread answering all the questions.

Some ninja that knows these things will reply with a better suggestion that I could give.

All the best,
      VS
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      There is another thing that could be worth a shot. Have you heard about Pokerstars.fr? Basically, it's just the French version of Pokerstars, but people from other countries can play there as well.

You may or may not be eligible for a tracked account. Here's an excerpt from the info page, about the tracking information:

Important tracking information

- If you don't have an account yet at any PokerStars site, your PokerStars.fr account can be tracked through us without any issues.
      - If your account at PokerStars.com (or .eu) is tracked through PokerStrategy.com, you can also play tracked through us at PokerStars.fr and collect StrategyPoints.
      - If your account at PokerStars.com (or .eu) is tracked through another affiliate, your PokerStars.fr account can't be tracked through PokerStrategy.com.
      - If you're playing at PokerStars.com (or .eu) but your account is not tracked through any affiliate, the decision to accept tracking through PokerStrategy.com is up to PokerStars. We can't influence that decision. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
      Also, check out the FAQ.
    • Icecreamboy
      Icecreamboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, Icecreamboy,
      I'm in the same pickle. I figured that if I witness a major crime, thus necessitating a complete change of identity under the Witless Protection Program, that would work. So far no luck. :s_cry: :coolface:
      Originally posted by Icecreamboy
      I would kill almost for a tracked Pokerstars account
      I see possibilities, lol...

There is another thing that could be worth a shot. Have you heard about Pokerstars.fr? Basically, it's just the French version of Pokerstars, but people from other countries can play there as well.

You may or may not be eligible for a tracked account. Here's an excerpt from the info page, about the tracking information:
      This is great! This is the bees knees! Going to try this right away... I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers, Gijs
    • Icecreamboy
      Icecreamboy
      Bronze
      Not seeing the information sharing checkbox anywhere... please tell me I'm mistaking. :f_mad: :f_mad:

• Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Sorry to say, but if you followed all the steps correctly and the information sharing agreement pop-up still didn't appear, that could mean that your account is untracked.

I believe the best thing you can do now is to contact the Pokerstars.fr customer support.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      They will close/delete the account as you have said. They will then create the account for you (So no way to track it) with a username you suggest and then transfer your $, FPP's etc for you.
    • Icecreamboy
      Icecreamboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Sorry to say, but if you followed all the steps correctly and the information sharing agreement pop-up still didn't appear, that could mean that your account is untracked.

I believe the best thing you can do now is to contact the Pokerstars.fr customer support.
      I exactly followed the steps in this link. pop-up didn't appear though. I'll give contacting their customer support a go, but I'm a bit sceptic about my odds tbh. :rage:

Wish me bon chance:milord:
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze

Like I said, the decision is entirely up to Pokerstars, so there's nothing else we can do, unfortunately. If nothing else, their support can at least confirm whether your account is tracked or not.

If all else fails, you should at least be able to find plenty of fish over there.
    • MaNiaC86
      MaNiaC86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      They will close/delete the account as you have said. They will then create the account for you (So no way to track it) with a username you suggest and then transfer your $, FPP's etc for you.
      Actually they won't do that. They wiill ask you to make your new account...

About 4 years ago I had an account at PokerStars that incuded some personal information at the username. I sent an email at the support and asked them to allow me to change it, they replied that they would close my account (I didn't had any $ at the time) and they gave me the permision to make a new one with the same email.
      A few days later one if my friends told me that he could still join at a private club at HOME GAMES that I had made and I was the only administrator, He could also see my old username between the payers. Right away I sent another email at the support and asked them to delete the private club but since then I forgot the name of that club and I had never checked that thing again.