micro limit SNGs

• omega21
      omega21
      Bronze
      I would like to know, what would be best aprouch in choosing waht kind of tables to play, 45, 90 or 360 man tables? Sure, 360 man tables gives bigger prize pool, but more harder to get in the money, though!?
  • 10 replies
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hi omega21!

If you are new to poker, I would recommend you to start with single table sng`s, because variance in these formats is smaller. If you want to play mtt sng`s, I would still recomend sng`s with smaller player field sizes, for example 18mans, for the same reasons.

And when you gain some experience, and if you still want by then, try experimenting with other formats.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Being a mtt player I would recommend 90 and 180men mtsng's.
      180s are the most common mtsng's. 90 men don't play very different to them.

Smaller fieldsizes are more similar to SNG's and ICM gets more important.
      Bigger fieldsizes lead to even more variance.
      Both options make it a bit more difficult for beginners.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It depends what you bankroll is, but mine opinion is it not a bad idea to start with the 25c 45/90 mans MTT SNG’s as beginner. The variance is not that high thanks to the regular blind increase (10 minutes 45man/15 minutes 90 man). Off course you need to have a lot of time to play them, because the 45 man takes around 2 hours and 90 mans around 4 hours if you win the SNG. It’s I think the safest way to increase your bankroll and get used to the MTT games.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • omega21
      omega21
      Bronze
      Thanks for replay, I already thought so, that bigger fields leads to bigger variance. So, I will start with 25c 45/90 man tables, will be hard to build a bank, but must do it! thanks agin!

best regards!
      omega21
    • omega21
      omega21
      Bronze
      Thanks for advice!...Yeah, i already started to play 45/90 man sngs, takes a little time to get to the money, though, but thats fine, blind levels are long going, so I can wait for reasonable hand to play! Great opportunity for starters!...thanks again, it was werry good advice you gave me!

best regards!
      omega21
    • omega21
      omega21
      Bronze
      Hi!
      thanks for given examples, I tried all kinds of sng tables, and I think, what best suites me, are simple, slow format, becaude I play prety much basic strategy with tight range, so must whait for good hand. When I`ll get more confident and with little practice, will widen up my range.

thanks for replay!
      cheers
      omega21
    • RiQRiQ
      RiQRiQ
      Silver
      Hi omega21!

How is the project going?
    • omega21
      omega21
      Bronze
      HI RiQRiQ!

Well, not so bad actually!..As I was planning to play 0.25$ sngs, did god, had some good places, and proffit ofcorse, but tried 180 man and did better as I suspected, had one 1st and few paid places as well!

wasnt played quite a wail actually, but a going to cach up!

Thanks for asking by the way!
    • andreimgs
      andreimgs
      Bronze
      Try 90p KO SNG's, the KO's are reducing your variance, and the field is usually soft. GL!
    • kacekov
      kacekov
      Bronze
      u should start a blog and post ur results. lots of ppl are doing the same and it would be good for everyone ;