Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5,00
      Hero:
      $5,45

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB folds, BB raises to $2,35, Hero raises to $5,45 (All-In), BB calls $2,65, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Flop: ($10,10) 9:heart: , A:spade: , A:heart:
      Turn: ($10,10) T:diamond:
      River: ($10,10) 5:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10,10

OK, considering AJ+/88+ is a recommended resteal range for beginners against unknown I thought I had an easy push with my AQ. Or should I only 4-bet in such occasions when I have a read the opponent is actually restealing and not ordinary reraising? Anyway, I think AQ in steal/blind battle is nutz. :)
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Its certainly likely that he is restealing with 7.5% range or wider especially looking at his stats for his first 70 hands. What can i say, I'd probably make the same move myself, but its also possible that i could fold as I have more than 70 hands on most people I'm stealing from and sometimes I like to certain I'm ahead, (I think certain opponents 3bet me tighter than this depending on my table image, If my table stats are tight I'm more inclined to fold as well)

Judges Opinion will certainly help my game also with this hand :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      23/17 is something like 20/15 at most in the Long run so against that, it's an easy shove.

Basic SSS due stack:ratio is an easy fold but here I like to know YOUR ATS so I can see with what range Villain can resteal and then you can determine whether your hand is good.

As Ive said before, this is worth the shove and note him down.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      23/17 is something like 20/15 at most in the Long run so against that, it's an easy shove.

Basic SSS due stack:ratio is an easy fold but here I like to know YOUR ATS so I can see with what range Villain can resteal and then you can determine whether your hand is good.

As Ive said before, this is worth the shove and note him down.
      My current ATS is 22,3, which would give us an easy shove against his resteal range in this matter, but if I have only 65 hands on him, he prolly doesn't have more than that on me as well and not to mention very low chance that he would actually have a HUD. :)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      easy shove no way to fold aq here